1. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 12 MONKEYS View Post
    It's all about the fact that this server was build on a easy to play mode, and then changed to harder game mode. The items that are ingame now are hoarded by people. If I worked for 30 dollars/hour irl, and it would change to 10 after a certain period, people would not like to work anymore, and prices of items would go really low. I'm just saying, battlescape in my opinion is very stable coded, a new server (world 2) with some adjustments could be a really good game. Also the 'new release hype' these games have, makes people join. The rush of achieving certain items at the start is what people like. We all know having a few bill on battlescape isn't something 'special' while a few bill for a new player will take ages to obtain.

With the correct playstyle of adertising and listening to people about how the game should run, i think it could go a long way.
    That's not completely true though. The Blood Money shop hasn't seen any major changes since release other than individual items being changed to a random item related to it, and drop rates have been pretty consistent. The only main difference is XP could be set without a penalty and most shop items were free. Those same free items were also removed in place of having a cost, and weren't alchable while they were free.

2. Offline
    Donator
    Apr 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    That's not completely true though. The Blood Money shop hasn't seen any major changes since release other than individual items being changed to a random item related to it, and drop rates have been pretty consistent. The only main difference is XP could be set without a penalty and most shop items were free. Those same free items were also removed in place of having a cost, and weren't alchable while they were free.
    I'm just trying to say that so many items were obtained in a easier to obtain items gamemode. Then you changed to full eco. I'm not asking for a reset, because that's what most people think when I'm typing this out. I personally think this game has a lot of potential, and a new server that would let people start fresh is a very good idea. Palidino, I know you're trying to defend your descisions here but please inform me..

How is this even possible..

The banks people have now, is the merge of tons of people quiting, and the playercount dropping from 300 to 50-75 today. I would rather enjoy a fresh start, with some item obtaining adjustments then play this version.

Is there a way to speak to eachother on discord? Maybe pm me your username?

3. Offline
    Donator
    Apr 2017
    #
    What I will try to do here is the following..

1. You will announce the coming of a World 2 fresh opening.
    2. I will get a video made like this one ..

3. I would ask people to spread around the video (single teams most likely do it so they can have their inner team drama on this game).
    4. Server would get hyped.
    5. Have 1-3 update logs on the forums on W2 development (adjustments) and let people feel like this project will actually be interesting.
    6. We'll have like 200-300 people on release.
    7. You make money, and we have a game to actually have fun on!

4. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Because with a world 2, only one comes out with enough players to remain sustainable. If enough people hop on world 2 for the new economy bandwagon, it'll make people feel forced to switch if they want to play with the majority. The "world 2" will be the dominate and ultimately only server because of initial hype and not because it's what current players necessarily want, at the cost of making people who spend money on bonds being the real losers.

5. Offline
    Donator
    Apr 2017
    #
    Because with a world 2, only one comes out with enough players to remain sustainable. If enough people hop on world 2 for the new economy bandwagon, it'll make people feel forced to switch if they want to play with the majority. The "world 2" will be the dominate and ultimately only server because of initial hype and not because it's what current players necessarily want, at the cost of making people who spend money on bonds being the real losers.
    Myself bought bonds too, not even low amount. I wouldn't care. And progress on one world would stay, while the world 2 progress would be a little easier to obtain things on. There's a difference between two worlds. CAN WE SPEAK ON DISCORD? I was your old beta tester when this game came out btw (Zvenillan)

6. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    I'm just trying to say that so many items were obtained in a easier to obtain items gamemode. Then you changed to full eco. I'm not asking for a reset, because that's what most people think when I'm typing this out. I personally think this game has a lot of potential, and a new server that would let people start fresh is a very good idea. Palidino, I know you're trying to defend your descisions here but please inform me..

How is this even possible..

The banks people have now, is the merge of tons of people quiting, and the playercount dropping from 300 to 50-75 today. I would rather enjoy a fresh start, with some item obtaining adjustments then play this version.

Is there a way to speak to eachother on discord? Maybe pm me your username?
    No-one else has even 10% of what's shown in this video.

7. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Myself bought bonds too, not even low amount. I wouldn't care. And progress on one world would stay, while the world 2 progress would be a little easier to obtain things on. There's a difference between two worlds. CAN WE SPEAK ON DISCORD? I was your old beta tester when this game came out btw (Zvenillan)
    Progress might stay, but the majority of players are going to follow whichever server has more players regardless of it its what they want and regardless of if it'll last. Opening a world 2 may as well be saying world 1 will be closing shortly after. What's worse is you want world 2 to be an easier server, a reset to make the game easier. The game doesn't need a reset to be made easier, only harder.

8. Offline
    Donator
    Apr 2017
    #
    @Palidino

I think somethimes drastic messures like this needs to be taken, It's Summer people are bored and look for games to play. All RSPS are getting old and boring and I think this one has more potential. You won't be able to hold this economy for months and months longer, well you could but playercount wouldn't rise a lot.

9. Offline
    Donator
    Apr 2017
    #
    Progress might stay, but the majority of players are going to follow whichever server has more players regardless of it its what they want and regardless of if it'll last. Opening a world 2 may as well be saying world 1 will be closing shortly after. What's worse is you want world 2 to be an easier server, a reset to make the game easier. The game doesn't need a reset to be made easier, only harder.
    I sent you a PM on forums with some donation questions, could you take a look please?

10. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    You're suggesting that there are too many items ingame (which is to be expected since this server has been up for like 2 years) and you plan to resolve that by resetting the economy and making items easier? What do you do when you are in this situation again, after a month or two (considering that items should be easier to get), do we reset again and lose another 50% of players? Most of these servers, like Zonica, had like 500-600 players on release because they spent crazy $$$$$$ on advertisements then died after a couple of weeks.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast