1. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    This statement and many others like it has always made me curious as to how pvmers and skillers effect pkers at all? Other than them providing access to items by selling to them or when they are pked I just dont understand why there cant be lots of all kinds of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie V1 View Post
    Reasons many old players left Battlescape is the increase of new players who are skillers/PvMer's - Pking diminished from what I can see lol BS was known mainly due to the Pking community and old RS players who wanted to relive 07 back when BS was open in 2008-2010. Obviously times change so nothing can be done but it is what it is.

2. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by no1sangel View Post
    This statement and many others like it has always made me curious as to how pvmers and skillers effect pkers at all? Other than them providing access to items by selling to them or when they are pked I just dont understand why there cant be lots of all kinds of players.
    Well it doesn't affect Pkers in that sense, there isn't any balance to Eco/Pk servers unless you have the playerbase to cover it. It has to be easily accessible to items for Pk servers if lower player count or more common drops. The only way a Eco/PK server works is with a big player base like what BS has back in 2009-10 for it to work.

Just a theory, don't take it too serious I hope haha.

3. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Reasons many old players left Battlescape is the increase of new players who are skillers/PvMer's - Pking diminished from what I can see lol BS was known mainly due to the Pking community and old RS players who wanted to relive 07 back when BS was open in 2008-2010. Obviously times change so nothing can be done but it is what it is.
    Ha, pkers.. the least loyal player base that want everything to revolve around them, until a different server comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by no1sangel View Post
    Yeah I am kinda done too.

For those reading this and those who have contacted me privately that think I am upset, mad, or anything other than professional be aware that Frank and I, in my eyes, are golden. This was a civilized discussion Everything is fine between us and AS FAR AS I KNOW other staff as well. Be glad this public tete a tete didnt occur between other more colorfully speaking staff and myself :P. As always be kind slay well beautiful battlescape people
    People messaged you asking if you was ok? millennials? I think it was pretty civil.. and you argued well pointing out where I was hypocritical via opinion. I'd of preferred some statistics to argue from but we've never had access to that player data. I feel I'd of argued my case better from that.

Ok next argument: Full server reset

jk
    Last edited by Frank; 01-19-2018 at 12:56 PM.

4. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Ha, pkers.. the least loyal player base that want everything to revolve around them, until a different server comes out.
    How’s the player base doing with majority Skillers/PvMers compared to other servers? looks pretty dead to me compared to the top RSPS servers communities, I don’t want to slate BS because I’ve been there since day one but something is going wrong, that’s just from a quick browse at top 3 servers communities activity. Battlescape was a lot more popular back in the day because of the pkers...and we made a great community. A lot of clan tension at times but it was a community still haha.
    Last edited by Ollie V1; 01-19-2018 at 02:09 PM.

5. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    How’s the player base doing with majority Skillers/PvMers compared to other servers? looks pretty dead to me compared to the top RSPS servers communities, I don’t want to slate BS because I’ve been there since day one but something is going wrong, that’s just from a quick browse at top 3 servers communities activity. Battlescape was a lot more popular back in the day because of the pkers...and we made a great community. A lot of clan tension at times but it was a community still haha.
    When ever all updates are pk based, which has happened many times, pkers don't join. All that happens is the loyal playerbase gets ignored. You trying to say we should forcefully remove non pkers?

Pker's aren't put off by our setup. They know the owner, they've been through the history. Not something that you overcome with a pk update..

6. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    When ever all updates are pk based, which has happened many times, pkers don't join. All that happens is the loyal playerbase gets ignored. You trying to say we should forcefully remove non pkers?

Pker's aren't put off by our setup. They know the owner, they've been through the history. Not something that you overcome with a pk update..
    If there wasn't huge bugs in combat after almost every update that is done, then there probably would be more pkers.

7. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #

When did I ever say to remove PVMers and ignore them? Look at my reply to no1s angel again...I explain. You just seem to be putting pkers into one and thinking they are all the same. You are segregating a type of player...I have not done this at all, I explained with a big playerbase is the only way a pk/pvm server will work.

I agree that combat also has to be perfected for pkers to join too. But seriously pk servers are more popular then pvm orientated. (This is fact and I am not suggesting to remove pvmers because BS in 2008-2010 was both pk/pvm)
    Last edited by Ollie V1; 01-19-2018 at 05:58 PM.

8. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    When did I ever say to remove PVMers and ignore them? Look at my reply to no1s angel again...I explain. You just seem to be putting pkers into one and thinking they are all the same. You are segregating a type of player...I have not done this at all, I explained with a big playerbase is the only way a pk/pvm server will work.

I agree that combat also has to be perfected for pkers to join too. But seriously pk servers are more popular then pvm orientated. (This is fact and I am not suggesting to remove pvmers because BS in 2008-2010 was both pk/pvm)
    I don't see how we can be any more accommodating towards pking than we already are in terms of the server structure. You said pkers left because of pvm popularity and that we need pkers.. Implying?

That's not accurate, they left for multiple reasons and as they did you noticed the pvmers that remained.

9. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    I don't see how we can be any more accommodating towards pking than we already are in terms of the server structure. You said pkers left because of pvm popularity and that we need pkers.. Implying?

That's not accurate, they left for multiple reasons and as they did you noticed the pvmers that remained.
    Could you specify on these reasons?

No I didn’t say they left due to pvmers. It needs equal attention to both and to balance it out. Like Zeik said combat is flawed pretty much. Many things need looking at, because it isn’t what it once was and everyone knows that. I believe there are reasons for this which need to be identified. I’m not here to push out pvm players. It’s a great part of a server and in no way am I targeting them! I just want active pking community like it used to have. That is all.
    Last edited by Ollie V1; 01-19-2018 at 06:26 PM.

10. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Please do not remove t bows and ancestrial from people's bank. Im ok for reworking the rewards but do not remove them from people's bank. It will cause a lot of anger and people quitting. This server can not handle another bad decision causing a ton of people to quit. I would love for the dice bag and mithril seeds to be intered because I am a big fan of gambling on private servers and it would be a lot of fun. DO NOT REMOVE T BOWS FROM BANKS. <----- this will turn out very badly.... trust me

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast