The server reset discussion

Well, let's start off by saying I enjoy battlescape a lot. This server mechanics are well coded, everything works and the players are mostly kind. This game is without a doubt the best RSPS online at this moment. The only thing we're missing are players. Not the pvmers, because they're playing right now.

In my opinion, I think we lost a lot of the players at the start of the game because the game was getting boring. This has been changed, and a lot of new content has been added into the game.

I think we're now stranded here, with a playerbase of 50-200 because of one thing. The economy. This economy isn't bad at all, and is very well balanced. The only problem I see here is that the 'gamemode' went from A PVP based game (where items were very easely obtained) to a ECO based game (where items are less easely obtained). Because there was no fresh start inbetween these two gamemodes, the economy really suffered from it.

Here are a few opinions from people I've seen ingame, also some facts that they state are correct.

"It doesn't matter how much money there is in the game, the prices of items would just adapt!".

-> Indeed, the amount of gold doesn't matter. Prices of items would indeed adapt to fit the economy. The problem is, that the money alone is not the problem. There's way to many items in the game, to fit between the amount of players. Let's say the 'armadyl godsword'. I wouldn't be surprised there's x3 the amount of those ingame then actual players. This is not the only item that works that way. There's ton of people with so many items.
And in your eyes it might not seem so bad, but it doesn't mean of those players keep the items in their bank and never sell it it's not an issue.

"What will happen to my progress? Have I done everything for nothing?"

-> In my opinion, whatever you achieved should be given up without a problem for the good sake of the server + yourselves. A server reset could bring so much more fun and grinding into the game then it now has. Achieving items right now isn't really worth anything don't you think? It's a bad thing to so I understand, but I think this is the best thing to do at this moment.

"A reset, what will happen then?"

-> Nothing. A reset alone won't do anything at all. When you mix up a reset with some slight updates and a nice advertisement video made (I can provide you, at the cost of a few bonds) could really affect the playerbase a lot. I could get this video uploaded to some youtube channels that really attract the RSPS community.
If the server is reset, and a countdown timer would be added the word could be spread. A server where everybody could go on and have fun like back in the days!

"Why would this work, look at osscape and runite, they both failed?"

-> Yes runite and osscape failed, just because of one thing. Effort from their owners. Runite failed because it was way to rushed. The server itself was a succes, over 500 players were online at release and it kept that rates for the first few days. Then it died out because of the lack of updates and content. There was barely any communication between the coders and players. Also they released mystery boxes that completely ruined the economy aspect of the game. Next to TWO dupes found way to late and the owners didn't mention it came to the end of this story. Osscape got reset because the players asked for it, updates and more content were promised. But ofcourse wasn't delivered. This is why osscape is dying too.

"Why would more people come?"

-> Well, people come when pkers make videos. That's really a fact nobody can discuss about. When single pkers come with their teams (like aryan/bape/gundrilla/foreign forces/solidtag), a 100+ playerbase would already be playing. These teams bring people, and all they do is PK and make nice videos that could be used to advertise the game itself. But how will you get them?
-> A reset would attract people to come because people believe a fair equal start in the game is needed to compete. People love the first few days of grinding to see who comes out richest and most powerfull.
People really can't be asked to come on a game where some people have bills and bills already.

Hard reset/Economy reset

Theres is a different between these. There could be a hard reset that would completely whipe all character files. But there could also be a normal economy reset, just all the items and gold being whiped. Stats would be kept, same as prayers unlocks, pets and untradeables.

Bonds.
Bonds could be refunded when they were purchased within 2 months from the date of potential reset. (In game, not in real life).

I'm not here to tell you this SHOULD happen, I jus think It's the best thing to do now. Servers are dying, not because the games getting old. It's dying because there's no good game to play. I would really appreciate the effort I put in writing this and I would enjoy a nice comment with your opinion.

Do not reply when you didn't even read anything, and say 'NO' just because you're thinking of your own bank/stats.