1. Offline
    Apr 2018
    #
    What is the reasoning and logic behind the way this server has become? Player count has steadily dropped to a pitiful number since the server has changed from where it came from. What was so bad about BS2?
    We had clanning (up to 800 players on the weekend)
    Multiple main teams who were very competitive
    A wide variety of weapon and armor selection
    Custom dungeons where risk vs reward actually meant something
    Pk gear was easy to obtain aside from heavy hitting weapons such as rev drops
    Shit actually worked. Wilderness agility for example
    Slayer didn't take 17 years to level up, so new players had a quick source to creating basic wealth and obtaining gear for themselves

Edgeville used to be PACKED with pures, and a large selection of mains pking. Isn't it beyond clear at this point if you run pkers off, the player count never recovers?

Player count will most likely never reach 600+ again with that shitty version of fake old school RS out, but we could hit 300+ again. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    Farming has made its way into BattleScape! Grab your seeds, and start growing crops!

2. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Wide variety of weapons and armor selection? Tell me what was being used that isn't now?

BS2? I think you forget that was before the release of oldschool runescape, which killed off most private servers.

Custom dungeons was nice, I do agree, but that was for dungeoneering iirc and the only way to revive something unique to this server is to ADD ZOMBIES 2K19

What is difficult about obtaining pk gear now? Are you speaking of singles pk where people would go to deserted keep/mb 50 wild with max?

If there's wilderness related updates (like agility which you speak of) then your voice needs to be heard as not much feedback is given as it stands

edit:
    Just gonna add that sometimes in these sort of threads I come off as obnoxious. That's not my aim. Just trying to push the discussion further to get a better understanding of your points.
    Last edited by London; 12-19-2018 at 01:51 PM.

3. Offline
    Apr 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Wide variety of weapons and armor selection? Tell me what was being used that isn't now?

BS2? I think you forget that was before the release of oldschool runescape, which killed off most private servers.

Custom dungeons was nice, I do agree, but that was for dungeoneering iirc and the only way to revive something unique to this server is to ADD ZOMBIES 2K19

What is difficult about obtaining pk gear now? Are you speaking of singles pk where people would go to deserted keep/mb 50 wild with max?

If there's wilderness related updates (like agility which you speak of) then your voice needs to be heard as not much feedback is given as it stands

edit:
    Just gonna add that sometimes in these sort of threads I come off as obnoxious. That's not my aim. Just trying to push the discussion further to get a better understanding of your points.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, because the state of the server hasn't really gotten me interested enough to poke around any more, but I have yet to see a single person with any vesta, morigans, or statius. Is it not in the game now? That's part of what I meant for variety. Also, we had chaotics & streams, although they probably should've been nerfed in damage a bit. Korasi, ect.

Custom dungeons such as the mage bank dungeon for d plate, the Korasi dungeon, ect. Risk vs reward, more variety, more fun.

In terms of pking, basic shit shouldn't be difficult to get and take a long time. It's basic. Rigour, augary, torso, void, all take too long. It's just basic gear.

People shouldn't need to voice about simple things like a functioning agility course. Palidino should just have it working on his own. It worked in BS2 (After weeks of multiple people bitching about it)

Edit-Also, the fact you can't turn bounty hunter off is just stupid.

Farming has made its way into BattleScape! Grab your seeds, and start growing crops!

4. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus 6969 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, because the state of the server hasn't really gotten me interested enough to poke around any more, but I have yet to see a single person with any vesta, morigans, or statius. Is it not in the game now? That's part of what I meant for variety. Also, we had chaotics & streams, although they probably should've been nerfed in damage a bit. Korasi, ect.

Custom dungeons such as the mage bank dungeon for d plate, the Korasi dungeon, ect. Risk vs reward, more variety, more fun.

In terms of pking, basic shit shouldn't be difficult to get and take a long time. It's basic. Rigour, augary, torso, void, all take too long. It's just basic gear.

People shouldn't need to voice about simple things like a functioning agility course. Palidino should just have it working on his own. It worked in BS2 (After weeks of multiple people bitching about it)

It's an old school runescape private server. We have all the relevant items in osrs aside from raids 2 drops which will eventually be added with the release of raids 2 to the server. The items you're thinking of like chaotics etc. all have slightly better balanced equivalents in osrs, perhaps do some research into what items are available, like the occult necklace, tsotd, armadyl crossbow, elder maul.
    PVP weapons are in the game with a very rare drop rate from wilderness bosses (custom wildy drop tables), the armours do not exist in oldschool runescape as the community voted against them.

Over the last 1-2 years there were many updates to try and target and encourage pvp, none of them any noticeable difference. Pure clans have come and gone as well as some mains single teams, on the W1 server which is essentially a copy of the W2 server, with a slightly easier economy. By all means suggest what you think would attract a hoard of pkers, but I don't expect there's anything we could do to get the sort of numbers you expect, the truth of it is that osrs is easy and accessible, and most of the players who used to pk on rsps, now know how to train and do it on a osrs account, and do so.

Rigour/Augury are rare drops, as they are on osrs, void and torso don't take that long, however they are also bis items so a bit of time to get them is understandable imo, it's really not much different in time to previous versions of the server.

Lots of activities are in the wildy atm and not that popular, wildy slayer is the best exp and drops for examble, the wilderness skilling area provides multiple bonuses and is the best location for several skills, I've literally never seen another person in the wilderness skilling area aside from people who teleport to targets. Wilderness agility with custom xp rates to make it the best location is a good idea and has been suggested several times before, but at the end of the day there aren't enough pkers for it to make much difference, it woudn't become a pvp hotspot, it would allow the <5 pkers that do play to kill the occasional guy for his 5 super energy potions.

Regarding bounty teleport, seen as there are barely any people pking, the bounty spell allows them to find people, we have tried having a toggle for the bounty system, but it only drives away the few remaining pkers because they have to run around pvm spots for 10 minutes to find someone.

TLDR: We'd like more pkers but we don't know how to get them, and you seem to have missed a lot of things about the current server.
    Last edited by Dan; 12-19-2018 at 02:39 PM.

5. Offline
    Apr 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It's an old school runescape private server. We have all the relevant items in osrs aside from raids 2 drops which will eventually be added with the release of raids 2 to the server. The items you're thinking of like chaotics etc. all have slightly better balanced equivalents in osrs, perhaps do some research into what items are available, like the occult necklace, tsotd, armadyl crossbow, elder maul.
    PVP weapons are in the game with a very rare drop rate from wilderness bosses (custom wildy drop tables), the armours do not exist in oldschool runescape as the community voted against them.

Over the last 1-2 years there were many updates to try and target and encourage pvp, none of them any noticeable difference. Pure clans have come and gone as well as some mains single teams, on the W1 server which is essentially a copy of the W2 server, with a slightly easier economy. By all means suggest what you think would attract a hoard of pkers, but I don't expect there's anything we could do to get the sort of numbers you expect, the truth of it is that osrs is easy and accessible, and most of the players who used to pk on rsps, now know how to train and do it on a osrs account, and do so.

Rigour/Augury are rare drops, as they are on osrs, void and torso don't take that long, however they are also bis items so a bit of time to get them is understandable imo, it's really not much different in time to previous versions of the server.

Lots of activities are in the wildy atm and not that popular, wildy slayer is the best exp and drops for examble, the wilderness skilling area provides multiple bonuses and is the best location for several skills, I've literally never seen another person in the wilderness skilling area aside from people who teleport to targets. Wilderness agility with custom xp rates to make it the best location is a good idea and has been suggested several times before, but at the end of the day there aren't enough pkers for it to make much difference, it woudn't become a pvp hotspot, it would allow the <5 pkers that do play to kill the occasional guy for his 5 super energy potions.

Regarding bounty teleport, seen as there are barely any people pking, the bounty spell allows them to find people, we have tried having a toggle for the bounty system, but it only drives away the few remaining pkers because they have to run around pvm spots for 10 minutes to find someone.

TLDR: We'd like more pkers but we don't know how to get them, and you seem to have missed a lot of things about the current server.
    You keep saying it's the same as OSRS. How's that working out for the server? Kind of my point buddy.

6. Offline
    Dec 2018
    #

We pretty much have chaotics, they're osrs versions on them. We don't need to mix pre-eoc weaponary to an osrs server. Just makes for a shitty experience.

Normie modes can get void and torso fast through blood money shop.

And I agree we could use some kind of update to be able to get rigour and augury faster. I loved it when the raids items were in the boss shop. Would be nice for rigour and augury to be back there.

7. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Correct me if I'm wrong, because the state of the server hasn't really gotten me interested enough to poke around any more, but I have yet to see a single person with any vesta, morigans, or statius. Is it not in the game now? That's part of what I meant for variety. Also, we had chaotics & streams, although they probably should've been nerfed in damage a bit. Korasi, ect..
    Nobody pked in that gear anyway and you're playing the wrong revision if you want Korasi's sword and you know it. It just sounds like you're moaning for the sake of moaning and bringing this up as a point when you know there's actually nothing we can do about it. It's impossible to bring korasi into this revision

8. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    You keep saying it's the same as OSRS. How's that working out for the server? Kind of my point buddy.
    in 2012, which was more popular? servers that emulated the 2012 game, or servers that emulated the 2006 game and received no new content? 2012 servers. The same situation applies here.

9. Offline
    Apr 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    in 2012, which was more popular? servers that emulated the 2012 game, or servers that emulated the 2006 game and received no new content? 2012 servers. The same situation applies here.
    All 90 players must agree with you on that.

10. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    All 90 players must agree with you on that.
    Agree to disagree then, I'm confident the server would have less players within a month if we reverted to a pre-eoc version.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast