1. Is Battle-Scape going to expand?  - 12-12-2018 #1

Dec 2018
    #
    This might not look like a serious question, however, it is. Let me explain.

Back in the days (a long long time ago) when BS was thriving - it was thriving because it was the best server around.

Now the times are really different - there are a lot of really great servers with even greater player bases.

Now shortly, why was BS once on top? Because it was exceptionally good and advanced as a server.

Now, why BS player base is declining day by day? Because there are a lot of other great servers that are even more advanced, also, organic and WOM (word of mouth) growth is very unlikely to happen.

So back to my question to the current owners of the server - are you going to work on advertising the server to bring back the old players and attract the new ones?

I'm simply asking because I'm a huge fan of original Battle-Scape (since 2012 or so) and it is really difficult to dedicate the few extra hours of the day that I have to the server that's simply getting abandoned.

With all due respect,
    Dillashaw

2. Offline
    Nov 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by dillashaw View Post
    This might not look like a serious question, however, it is. Let me explain.

Back in the days (a long long time ago) when BS was thriving - it was thriving because it was the best server around.

Now the times are really different - there are a lot of really great servers with even greater player bases.

Now shortly, why was BS once on top? Because it was exceptionally good and advanced as a server.

Now, why BS player base is declining day by day? Because there are a lot of other great servers that are even more advanced, also, organic and WOM (word of mouth) growth is very unlikely to happen.

So back to my question to the current owners of the server - are you going to work on advertising the server to bring back the old players and attract the new ones?

I'm simply asking because I'm a huge fan of original Battle-Scape (since 2012 or so) and it is really difficult to dedicate the few extra hours of the day that I have to the server that's simply getting abandoned.

With all due respect,
    Dillashaw
    When owners stop paying attention and putting lots of time on a Server you can realise fast and thats what leads in a Dead server. Probably will happen to his one.

3. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    Good points, but this is one of the longest runing rsps’ of all time. This shit ain’t going nowhere.

4. Offline
    Nov 2016
    #
    there isn't much pking on battlescape so it wont grow

5. jirenz 12-12-2018 #5

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Good points, but this is one of the longest runing rsps’ of all time. This shit ain’t going nowhere.
    is the owner too stubborn to close down this game? yup. is it going to grow in players any time soon? nope. does everyone got choices? yup. is the owner planning on making active updates any time soon? nope.

6. Offline
    Apr 2018
    #
    I'd be shocked if it ever returned to former glory. I'll be very surprised if it ever hits 200 players again. It's boring, slow, pking is non existent, and after years of people asking for simple fixes in game, they give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    Farming has made its way into BattleScape! Grab your seeds, and start growing crops!

7. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    Pali has been most active in fixing issues as they are reported thru the proper forum threads. He is a perfectionist thats why when he does get something updated it has few bugs, better less often better quality. I also suggest discord as he is on there to talk to directly at times as well. Many players have many suggestions, often contradicting or a one liner fix this *cringe*, so if you want to see something changed or added best to explain thoroughly and with references to osrs. As far as pking goes, again, make suggestions that you want to see that might increase pking activity that are within osrs game mechanics.

8. Offline
    Apr 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by No1s View Post
    Pali has been most active in fixing issues as they are reported thru the proper forum threads. He is a perfectionist thats why when he does get something updated it has few bugs, better less often better quality. I also suggest discord as he is on there to talk to directly at times as well. Many players have many suggestions, often contradicting or a one liner fix this *cringe*, so if you want to see something changed or added best to explain thoroughly and with references to osrs. As far as pking goes, again, make suggestions that you want to see that might increase pking activity that are within osrs game mechanics.
    Was that a bad joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    Farming has made its way into BattleScape! Grab your seeds, and start growing crops!

9. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by dillashaw View Post
    OSRS exists.

You're talking of the glory days when we had 2k online at any given moment - those days are long gone and you won't see them again.

Whats brings players:
    • Active pk scene (more than 2 teams)
    • Active owner and updates
    • A staff team who hosts community pk events

Mostly it boils down to pkers themselves, not the updates for the pk scene.

RSPS' died with the release of oldschool as everyone migrated there.

He is a perfectionist
    You've been here long enough to know that's simply not true

10. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    This server sucks lol

It's a revolving door for players and staff

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast