1. Offline
    Nov 2016
    #
    Hello Battlescapers!

I would like to suggest getting rid of the trade restrictions between Normal and Hard accounts. As it currently stands, the shops for the two different modes vary slightly, with Normal accounts having access to a wider range of potions, foods, armours, weapons, and various other supplies. Because of these variations, Normal accounts cannot trade these "extras" they have in there shops to Hard accounts (and this makes sense because the shops are different right now, but I'm suggesting the shops are made the same across both account types).

I am suggesting the two modes have the same shops, either expanding Hard accounts to be able to purchase all the same supplies or limiting what Normal accounts can buy.

Before I say why I think we should do this, I would like to acknowledge that people have chosen Hard mode and that should come with a challenge. I get that, it should be "hard", but I will explain how this can be frustrating for players playing on the Hard mode.

The main thing I don't like about the split shops is that it splits the economy for certain early game things like d'hides and other potions.

My example of this was I was unable to get d'hide armour on my Hard account when I started training range. I understand some d'hide is available after quest completion (and I love the idea of having shops locked behind quests), but in this case, I wanted to train my range, so I could then safespot and kill dragons, so I could then train prayer (get protect mage), so I could THEN complete the quest. Now what does this remind you of? Ironman mode - I had to prepare everything for myself.

Another example is that I hit 70 combat and my first Slayer task after that was metal dragons, a tough task but doable. However, I was unable to get my hands on Antifire potions (not in shops, no players were selling, and I can't make them since I'm pretty early on in my game), again making me feel as though I'm an Ironman.

Another issue I ran into was not being able to loot things from non-Hard mode accounts. Often when killing monsters for Slayer task, I would look to loot items such as runes and other items that players neglected, only to be greeted with the message that "that item wasn't dropped by a hard mode player" (or something along those lines). Again, I feel as though I'm an Ironman.

Essentially, playing Hard mode in the early game very much felt like I was playing Ironman mode and that is a problem. I chose to be a normal player that could trade and interact with other players - not to be an Ironman.

Overall, I like and appreciate the unique idea on the server of locking certain items for Hard mode behind quests, especially because those players have selected "Hard" mode after all. However, I don't think it has been implemented very well and I feel the restrictions between Hard/Normal accounts is a little clunky.

I'm curious to see how other players feel about this and I am open to any other suggestions that could perhaps improve this. I would also like to point out that I've only been playing for a bit and may be wrong on some things so please feel free to correct me.

2. Offline
    Nov 2018
    #
    Didnt know they cant trade. I agree with your sugg althought im an ironman

3. Offline
    Nov 2018
    #
    Hard Mode and any other trade-available mode can trade (for the majority of items) but for menial items that are accessible via the shop it does not allow you. Why would you need to trade items that you can buy already in shops? It makes no sense. I'm fine with being able to trade high-end items because that's all I'll need.

You're playing on Hard Mode for a reason — to be a harder experience.

DIAMOND TEARS

4. Offline
    Nov 2018
    #
    support, also our prices are different, regs pay 6k for ppots, we pay 12k

@owen, the problem with that is we CANT buy the good food/pots from shops, we get the same shops as irons, we cant buy sharks, super restores, brews(which i foresee being a big issue for all but reg mode soon) etc, we share a market for ranarrs/toadflax but cant trade the pots, just makes no sense to me

with the current system, its not NEARLY worth a 20% droprate boost in exchange for all the extra effort we'd have to put in to be getting drops
    Last edited by Cheezy; 11-10-2018 at 06:51 PM.

5. Offline
    Nov 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post

@owen, the problem with that is we CANT buy the good food/pots from shops, we get the same shops as irons, we cant buy sharks, super restores, brews(which i foresee being a big issue for all but reg mode soon) etc, we share a market for ranarrs/toadflax but cant trade the pots, just makes no sense to me

with the current system, its not NEARLY worth a 20% droprate boost in exchange for all the extra effort we'd have to put in to be getting drops
    This is the problem I was trying to explain.

We share a market for some items, but cannot buy/sell certain items that Normal accounts can purchase from shops if they aren't present in Hard mode's shops. This makes the economy very awkward - you would assume all non-ironman accounts would be able to interact freely with no restrictions.

As I stated, I understand Hard mode is chosen, I just feel that the current system is clunky and awkward in terms of the economy. I'm also not trying to say that making the shops equal is a perfect solution, but I feel like something different needs to be done and I'm happy to hear what others may suggest.
    Last edited by Cladderly; 11-10-2018 at 10:50 PM.

6. Offline
    Nov 2018
    #

OK. I agree there's an excessive amount of un-obtainable items for hard mode, I get that. I assume the original idea is that you're playing hard to play hard (essentially) and nothing should be accessible but I can agree that this isn't an iron man mode and that even with the 20% increased rate (i could argue it helps little to none) it'd be nice that some items were made available — anti-venoms, prayer potions and such.

There needs to be a limit, however, we are playing for a harder experience.

DIAMOND TEARS

7. Offline
    Nov 2018
    #
    I feel the same way normal players have all the potions at their disposal and we dont and even if we wanted to grind for them we cant with no farming.

8. Offline
    Nov 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by sinaze22 View Post
    I feel the same way normal players have all the potions at their disposal and we dont and even if we wanted to grind for them we cant with no farming.
    exactly, its fucking ridiculous atm, after 99 slayer i have enough toadflax for 21 brews, how the fuck am i supposed to do gwd efficiently, or raids AT ALL

9. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    exactly, its fucking ridiculous atm, after 99 slayer i have enough toadflax for 21 brews, how the fuck am i supposed to do gwd efficiently, or raids AT ALL
    Farming is almost done, but would the seeds collected from 99 slayer make a difference?

10. Offline
    Nov 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    Farming is almost done, but would the seeds collected from 99 slayer make a difference?
    Never thought I'd say this, but I legit want farming in my life >.<, fingers crossed they grow fast xD

Closed Thread