• Do you agree with Suggestion 6?

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. World II Feedback & Suggestions  - 11-05-2018 #1

Nov 2018
    #
    Drastis' World II Suggestions

Hello everyone,

I am new to BS and so far I am enjoying it! I've been playing/developing/managing RSPS for 7+ years now and hopefully some of the suggestions I bring to the table can make it into the game. If this thread gains enough traction, I will more than likely keep adding to it as I play. If not, I'll make separate threads with less suggestions to give feedback on at a time. I have also added a poll to respond to for each individual suggestion.

1. ;; Commands: I've noticed that there aren't any ;; commands that can be used for the purpose of in-game features/content. By no means am I saying add so many commands that the wizard is completely useless, however I feel as if ;;train, ;;shops, ;;staff, and other commands of this nature would only benefit the community and server. I would be more than willing to compile a full list of commands that I feel would be useful to players if need be!

Summary: Make more :: commands

2. Donating/Donator Benefits: Battlescape has been around for awhile. That being said, there is no question about the servers ability to thrive. I looked into the way the donation system works and feel like changing how the donation system works could positively impact the server in all aspects. Instead of using bonds to purchase items in the store, make the bonds give a permanent membership. In fact, remove "membership" from the equation. If someone donates to keep this project alive, their status should be permanent. The only thing that should change is their donator level, and not just with a hat signifying how many bonds they've used.

Summary: Do away with Gold Membership, and use the traditional donator status set-up (Can still be made unique to BattleScape).

Donations Cont: Instead of using bonds to purchase items, add the Donator Bonds to the store along with the other items (Mystery Boxes, ROW, Outfits, Seed Box, etc), purchasable by donator points/coins/tokens/platinum (whatever you'd like to call them) I personally think BS Platinum sounds nice. Make the bonds anywhere from $10-$20, and permanent!

Summary Cont:Increase the price of a bond and put them in the store with other items that can be purchased with real money. Create a donator currency.

3. Teleport Wizard: The Teleport Wizard is obviously the way to go as far as getting around on a RSPS. However, the Teleport Wizard could use a revamp. The layout seems to have no organization to it other than the specific group that the teleports are apart of. I would love to help with this!

Summary: Revamp the Teleport Wizard

4. Player Death outside of Wilderness: If you're making players pay to retrieve their trade-able items to fight against AFKing, I could somewhat understand the purpose of this. If not, then I don't. The money sink aspect of this wouldn't make sense either. Deaths outside of the wilderness should be 100% safe deaths. Give players ALL of their items back, except for untrade-ables. That is where you would have an NPC to reclaim them.

Summary: Do away with trade-able item reclaiming after PVM deaths outside of the wilderness. Introduce an NPC for Non-tradeables only (Fire Cape, Defender, Avas, Etc).

5. Yell: I was informed that yell was staff only. Tying into my donation suggestion, donators should be able to yell, and the higher your donator status is, the less of a cooldown you'll have in-between yells. The 'Battlescape' CC should be used to assist newer players/players without clans/players that aren't donators, and act as a "help" CC. Yell adds a perk to the donator status, meaning more incentive to donate!

Summary: Make ;;yell donators+. This alone will make more players donate.

6. Teleporting in Combat: For locations outside of the wilderness, players should be able to teleport during combat without using a glory as long as the death is a safe death. There is no use restricting how long it takes to teleport after the NPC has died either.

Summary: Take away the log-out/teleport timer while fighting NPCs in safe areas.

Thank you guys for reading! Please leave your feedback in the comments or simply respond to the polls!

EDIT: I did not set up the poll how I would have liked for it to work. If you agree with the suggestion. Simply vote for it.
    Last edited by Drastis; 11-05-2018 at 12:57 PM.

2. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    1) Write a list of usefull ::/;; commands you've experienced using in other rsps so we can get a good idea of what you want

2) Been discussed before, won't happen

3) Wizard has been shit for ages and now it seems good you want it changed? I disagree. leave it.

4) No comment

5) Yell should be staff only. Home cc is already enough power

6) there's home tabs for a reason

I don't understand the poll either, lmao???

3. Offline
    Nov 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    1) Write a list of usefull ::/;; commands you've experienced using in other rsps so we can get a good idea of what you want

3) Wizard has been shit for ages and now it seems good you want it changed? I disagree. leave it.

4) No comment

4) No comment

Ah, you seem like a real pleasure! Not because you're disagreeing with all of the suggestions, because that's what I was looking for, feedback. More so because you responded to each suggestion like someone hurt your feelings this morning and ruined your day so you needed somewhere to act like an ass.

4. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    =

You don't understand anything anyway.

OT: Overall, some good suggestions. I wouldn't like all of them to be added, but some.

5. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Drastis View Post
    Ah, you seem like a real pleasure! Not because you're disagreeing with all of the suggestions, because that's what I was looking for, feedback. More so because you responded to each suggestion like someone hurt your feelings this morning and ruined your day so you needed somewhere to act like an ass.
    Act like an ass? Hurt my feelings? Seeing as you wanna try to play that game then here's my move.

Your first suggestion is good and you should develop it.

Your second suggestion has been discussed many times before and been shunned away at every opportunity so I'm telling you to not waste any more breath on it.

You're here in the suggestions forum, telling Palidino that the wizard interface isn't good won't help. How can he improve it? From how it's been in the past 2 years it's improved greatly so I personally don't see how it can be improved. That's your job to tell him how to improve it, you're the one suggesting things.

I don't have a comment for your 4th point

Yell should stay as a staff privilege so it doesn't get abused and seeing as the whole server is in the home cc, there's no need for it.

The final suggestion makes no sense because it renders the feature of not being able to tele because you're in combat useless. You're supposed to sacrifice an inventory slot so you have an escape (or glory does that job for you)

So please tell me how I'm being inconsiderate

6. Offline
    Nov 2018
    #
    Act like an ass? Hurt my feelings? Seeing as you wanna try to play that game then here's my move.

Your first suggestion is good and you should develop it.

Your second suggestion has been discussed many times before and been shunned away at every opportunity so I'm telling you to not waste any more breath on it.

You're here in the suggestions forum, telling Palidino that the wizard interface isn't good won't help. How can he improve it? From how it's been in the past 2 years it's improved greatly so I personally don't see how it can be improved. That's your job to tell him how to improve it, you're the one suggesting things.

I don't have a comment for your 4th point

Yell should stay as a staff privilege so it doesn't get abused and seeing as the whole server is in the home cc, there's no need for it.

The final suggestion makes no sense because it renders the feature of not being able to tele because you're in combat useless. You're supposed to sacrifice an inventory slot so you have an escape (or glory does that job for you)

So please tell me how I'm being inconsiderate
    I'm not wanting to play "that" game. I appreciate you revisiting and actually giving your feedback to the post.

Who shunned the donation idea away?

Are you for or against my 4th point?

If players wanted to be in a clan chat outside of the main Battlescape CC, wouldn't it be beneficial and convenient for a donator to reach more people?

In RSPS I've always seen non-wilderness areas allow you to teleport mid-combat, because there isn't a point to keeping you in combat on an RSPS when you're some place like rock crabs. I would only use a tab if I was PKing to be honest.

I didn't think you were truly being inconsiderate. I just thought it was a bit rude that you responded the way you did the first time.
    Last edited by Drastis; 11-05-2018 at 02:09 PM.

7. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    I'm not wanting to play "that" game. I appreciate you revisiting and actually giving your feedback to the post.

Who shunned the donation idea away?

Are you for or against my 4th point?

If players wanted to be in a clan chat outside of the main Battlescape CC, wouldn't it be beneficial and convenient for a donator to reach more people?

In RSPS I've always seen non-wilderness areas allow you to teleport mid-combat, because there isn't a point to keeping you in combat on an RSPS when you're some place like rock crabs. I would only use a tab if I was PKing to be honest.

I didn't think you were truly being inconsiderate. I just thought it was a bit rude that you responded the way you did the first time.
    Palidino doesn't want to do it, I'm just telling you in advance.

There is no benefit of the yell other than useless spam or promoting their sales in G,E/staking

I wouldn't be against the home teleport working in combat if it got added to the game, I just see no point in it when we have tele tabs and shit for that anyway

Your 4th point I have no comment on because I haven't experienced it, so I wouldn't wanna give an opinion on something I'm not familiar with.

That's the way I am, too tired of people suggesting things with no true good backing and a half assed tldr. You receive what you put out

8. Offline
    Nov 2018
    #
    Palidino doesn't want to do it, I'm just telling you in advance.

There is no benefit of the yell other than useless spam or promoting their sales in G,E/staking

I wouldn't be against the home teleport working in combat if it got added to the game, I just see no point in it when we have tele tabs and shit for that anyway

Your 4th point I have no comment on because I haven't experienced it, so I wouldn't wanna give an opinion on something I'm not familiar with.

That's the way I am, too tired of people suggesting things with no true good backing and a half assed tldr. You receive what you put out
    So you referred to my post as a half-assed TLDR, but you've asked me to go into more detail about my suggestions? Also, if that's the way you are, then why did you feel the need to reply with a detailed response?

9. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    1: I’ve never been a fan of commands. It’s harder for people to remember commands than to just talk to the Wizard.
    2: $3/14 Days membership isn’t much. Permenant he would lose money quickly.
    3: Palidino just updated it with the new Interface. He cannot make his own design ones like other servers have with pictures. He does not know how to make interfaces with a OSRS Deob. He is always open to suggestions on how it can be better though.
    4: Not a fan of the 100k since it’s very hard to make that. It should be 20k if anything or just allow users to run back.
    5: Yell isn’t needed. You are automatically put into Home CC when logging in if not in another Chat.
    6: Home teleport and Glories aren’t expensive. If you really need that extra inventory space, you shouldn’t be using low level foods.

10. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    So you referred to my post as a half-assed TLDR, but you've asked me to go into more detail about my suggestions? Also, if that's the way you are, then why did you feel the need to reply with a detailed response?
    That came out wrong, I'm too used to seeing those sort of posts is what I mean, and I'm comparing it to yours. Usually I don't even reply if they are half assed tldr's.

You seem like you put effort into the post but needed to elaborate, I'm trying to push you to do so.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast