1. Offline
    Mar 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by sharingan View Post
    Change the skilling xp rate for hard mode to x10. Atm, there's not much of a difference between normal mode and hard mode except that it takes slightly longer to max out combat. Perhaps also make combat xp 10x.
    Too low rates are just gonna kill the game before it launches. 20x is fine

2. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by rank one View Post
    too low rates are just gonna kill the game before it launches. 20x is fine
    "hard mode", not supposed to be same rate as normal mode

3. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Make the combat multiplier abit less
    Like x100 for normal mode Makes it more fun to train it.

4. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sharingan View Post
    "hard mode", not supposed to be same rate as normal mode
    180x slower than normal mode...?

5. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    180x slower than normal mode...?
    Skilling rates.

"Normal Mode: Combat x200 and skilling x20
    Hard Mode: Combat x20 and skilling x20
    Ironman Modes: Combat x20 and skilling x20"

6. Offline
    Feb 2018
    #
    Normal mode x50
    Hard mode x15

More pkers cuz' SkillScape tbh

7. Offline
    Nov 2017
    #
    If you want people to actually care about World 2, you need to market it as a re-release of "The Battlescape", build up more hype backed with more advertising. As of right now, I've asked around and nobody even knows or cares about BS anymore. I am what I consider to be a invisible player, I care and would play, but have no interest as there's more active PK-based server's which can itch my scratch. Would I, as well as probably hundreds of others come and play if Wilderness was active? YES. Proven to be home of like 30+ Clans in the past, you need to market towards the clans scene. The clans that server hop right now are in the hundreds of members, you bring one and a domino effect of more clans and players will follow. The content within Battlescape and it's gameplay is far superior than that of ANY other server. It's just other servers have more PK Incentive. Holding players who PK is hard, as dead Pking drives them away. You need to recruit them all at the same time in bulk, give them incentive to PK, something to DO or work towards, or compete for/against. Once they see the Content the server has they will enjoy the rest of the server, as ALOT of popular servers have "extremely limited" and mediocre game play outside of Wild.

How many times does this need to be said, as it's been said by hundreds of people over the last few years. There was nothing ever wrong with Battlescape 1, or 2. It was Pali going inactive that KILLED IT. 3,4,5... were less popular but still held active PK/PVM player base, but slowly ran downhill. Pali's determination on RS3 lost his PKers for good, at during that time new servers pop up and took the spotlight. Battlescape can sit at the big boy table once again, it just needs a solid structure build before release. The past year has been revamping the server, adding new/desirable content, keeping interest, building up what's already there. Decision for W2 was made, but it's just being released in the dark, and nobody will care.
    Last edited by Never Enough; 10-31-2018 at 12:12 AM.

- Since Battlescape Isles 07

AKA Tearitup, Y Sos Pure, Never Enough

8. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Never Enough View Post
    If you want people to actually care about World 2, you need to market it as a re-release of "The Battlescape", build up more hype backed with more advertising. As of right now, I've asked around and nobody even knows or cares about BS anymore.
    Agree with this, more emphasis should have been put around World 2 being an entirely new server. A much better job could also have been done hyping the new server up for existing/returning players.

Would I, as well as probably hundreds of others come and play if Wilderness was active? YES. Proven to be home of like 30+ Clans in the past, you need to market towards the clans scene. The clans that server hop right now are in the hundreds of members, you bring one and a domino effect of more clans and players will follow.
    There isn't currently an existing eco based server that has an active wilderness because pking just isnt as active as it was years ago. Marketing the game towards the clan scene may seem like a good idea to you since you're a part of it, but most RS and RSPS players now are ironmen and skillers. There's more marketability in designing a grindy eco based skilling server than there is a pk server.

With the release of W2 there's nothing to stop Palidino converting W1 into some kind of semi-spawn PK server to cater to the Pkers, but I don't see why he'd do that when it would never be able to compete content wise with the other PK servers.

Or are there other things stopping clans joining this game aside from an active wilderness?

How many times does this need to be said, as it's been said by hundreds of people over the last few years. There was nothing ever wrong with Battlescape 1, or 2. It was Pali going inactive that KILLED IT. 3,4,5... were less popular but still held active PK/PVM player base, but slowly ran downhill.

Agreed but the RSPS community has changed a lot since BS1 & BS2, so what made Battlescape active then probably wouldn't now.

Decision for W2 was made, but it's just being released in the dark, and nobody will care.
    Any suggestions you have for how to market the game better?
    Last edited by blazed you; 10-31-2018 at 01:56 AM.

9. Offline
    Nov 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrysysy View Post
    lol
    basically. smh

10. Offline
    Apr 2018
    #
    w1 completely dead iron man world thanks pali...
    Last edited by Anglers; 10-31-2018 at 11:39 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast