View Poll Results: Should an eco reset be done?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 41.58%
  • No

41 40.59%
  • Don't care either way

18 17.82%

1. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by No1sangel View Post
    Yes play and have fun. This is an unofficial poll. As a new player feedback is important. How does it look? How are the players and staff interacting? Are you happy with the game mechanics? Is getting started self explanatory or can it be improved on? Anything else to add? Please feel free to elaborate from a new players standpoint.
    Please provide a realistic justification as to why you oppose this poll. Thanks.

2. Offline
    Jul 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by sharingan View Post
    Please provide a realistic justification as to why you oppose this poll. Thanks.
    It's not official. Obviously. What ever that means.

3. Offline
    Super Donator
    Dec 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Number1 Bass View Post

30 afk at bank, 50 fake, 20 alts, the rest irons - thats what the server player base is made of and what keeps palidino in comfort. He's afraid to lose the donators, not the normies, but he doesn't realise that the existing donators have no reason to donate because the items they get are worthless with the current eco.
    couldnt agree more with this. id be more inclined to donate and buy bonds if there was an eco reset. at this point in the game i have no use for bonds at all other then gold membership, which i just buy from the ge when needed.
    Last edited by Marty; 09-24-2018 at 01:12 PM.

4. Offline
    Aug 2018
    #
    I know I'm a normie and just started out but I would love to see a server reset. Since the economy is pretty broken. Most item drops aren't worth much anymore except for like crazy rare items like a scythe. I could do saradomin and get an ACB while feeling like meh.. it's only 50m. It would be so much cooler if everyone is still struggling with trying to get these items. Because then you would actually be happy to be getting drops like an ACB. It would also be way more competetive to race to get such items.

One thing that can fuck things up right away tough is if very far progressed ironmans with multipe blowpipes and bandos sets just trade over their gear towards their normal mode account and they would get an insane headstart.

5. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Milan967 View Post
    I know I'm a normie and just started out but I would love to see a server reset. Since the economy is pretty broken. Most item drops aren't worth much anymore except for like crazy rare items like a scythe. I could do saradomin and get an ACB while feeling like meh.. it's only 50m. It would be so much cooler if everyone is still struggling with trying to get these items. Because then you would actually be happy to be getting drops like an ACB. It would also be way more competetive to race to get such items.

One thing that can fuck things up right away tough is if very far progressed ironmans with multipe blowpipes and bandos sets just trade over their gear towards their normal mode account and they would get an insane headstart.

Ironmen won't be able to trade normal accounts for a certain period of time.

6. Bruhhhhh 09-25-2018 #56

Can't exactly speak for the skillers / pvmers / fashionscapers but I think I can somewhat weigh in for the PK community and when I say this I mean this:

W/O a reset for normal mode it is very unlikely that the current condition of PKing will improve in the future, and I say this as someone who is on top of the leaderboards (Elo / Kills, etc) and pretty much 99% of my items/bank are from BM/PKing exclusively.

It also took a long time to get what I currently have alongside max cape but I'd rather have a wilderness reverted to mystic PKing and actually would like to get excited about seeing an ahrims set versus adding a set to my stack of 200 sets in the bank. Quite frankly, don't care about my max cape either at this point as it's easy to get

A new PKer who comes to this game cannot compete with someone like myself who just has 200+ basic ahrim return sets and 40+ actual max mage setups, and obviously doing a reset and given enough time this will probably become the case again - but the point is if you do a good reset and rebalance for normal mode not only do you open up the window to giving many people the opportunity of trying BS fresh but also the chance to get a lot of PKers in early, and if a PK community solidifies they will be here to stay longterm - similar to how pure clans used to carry your servers player count for years regardless of what the state was of BS or its economy.

The thought process of the PK community is kind of shallow and stubborn to say the least, but it's definitely worth considering the growth you can easily get from it. For every 10 skillers or PvMers you lose, a team of 30 can take their place (clans tend to move in groups), and if one big group moves to a server at least another will follow suit (and another after that, etc)

The matter of the fact is you're only lying to yourself because I havent seen the player count really increase in the last few months, still hovers in the 60-80s and you try to fabricate growth by showing fake player counters and ignoring the elephant in the room of people who play on alts and bank standers which are a real thing if you actually logged into your own game for 5 minutes and did a quick headcount. Its not all bad because most of the people here are longterm from what Ive seen, and its very unlikely you will lose those players post reset (yes, even the new accounts - people like to create new users for some reason here)

7. Offline
    Super Donator
    Dec 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Im w stupid View Post
    Can't exactly speak for the skillers / pvmers / fashionscapers but I think I can somewhat weigh in for the PK community and when I say this I mean this:

W/O a reset for normal mode it is very unlikely that the current condition of PKing will improve in the future, and I say this as someone who is on top of the leaderboards (Elo / Kills, etc) and pretty much 99% of my items/bank are from BM/PKing exclusively.

It also took a long time to get what I currently have alongside max cape but I'd rather have a wilderness reverted to mystic PKing and actually would like to get excited about seeing an ahrims set versus adding a set to my stack of 200 sets in the bank. Quite frankly, don't care about my max cape either at this point as it's easy to get

A new PKer who comes to this game cannot compete with someone like myself who just has 200+ basic ahrim return sets and 40+ actual max mage setups, and obviously doing a reset and given enough time this will probably become the case again - but the point is if you do a good reset and rebalance for normal mode not only do you open up the window to giving many people the opportunity of trying BS fresh but also the chance to get a lot of PKers in early, and if a PK community solidifies they will be here to stay longterm - similar to how pure clans used to carry your servers player count for years regardless of what the state was of BS or its economy.

The thought process of the PK community is kind of shallow and stubborn to say the least, but it's definitely worth considering the growth you can easily get from it. For every 10 skillers or PvMers you lose, a team of 30 can take their place (clans tend to move in groups), and if one big group moves to a server at least another will follow suit (and another after that, etc)

The matter of the fact is you're only lying to yourself because I havent seen the player count really increase in the last few months, still hovers in the 60-80s and you try to fabricate growth by showing fake player counters and ignoring the elephant in the room of people who play on alts and bank standers which are a real thing if you actually logged into your own game for 5 minutes and did a quick headcount. Its not all bad because most of the people here are longterm from what Ive seen, and its very unlikely you will lose those players post reset (yes, even the new accounts - people like to create new users for some reason here)
    what this man just said is absolute facts. i support 100%. the value of pk items has gone way down to the point that there its irrelevant, people aren't pking for money anymore they're pking for bragging rights over the the other person

8. Offline
    Aug 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Im w stupid View Post

stfu ur a planker

9. Offline
    Donator
    Sep 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by No1sangel View Post
    Yes play and have fun. This is an unofficial poll. As a new player feedback is important. How does it look? How are the players and staff interacting? Are you happy with the game mechanics? Is getting started self explanatory or can it be improved on? Anything else to add? Please feel free to elaborate from a new players standpoint.
    The game looks great, and I feel like there are plenty of systems with in the game to have the economy manage itself. It may involve some tweaking with the wishing-well, voting, etc. but any form of tweaking like that could help stabilize the economy.

Getting started is a little overwhelming, but I'm planning on writing some guides in the future to help out newer players like me.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456