Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. DKs (Dagannoth Kings) Guide  - 09-21-2018 #1

🅱🅸🅶 🅱🅾🆈
    Nov 2016
    #
    Welcome to my guide on the Dagannoth kings!

In this guide I will explain how to kill these three big boys, but let's start off with some background information.

The Dagannoth Kings

The three dagannoth kings are the strongest dagannoth creatures in Battlescape. This means that they count towards your slayer task when you've been assigned to slay dagannoths, so you could choose to kill the kings instead of the regular, small dagannoths in the Catacombs of Kourend or the Waterbirth Dungeon. If you've unlocked boss slayer tasks, you could also be assigned to kill the kings for your boss task.

As said, there are three kings. From left to right (see above), there's Dagannoth Prime, Dagannoth Rex and Dagannoth Supreme. Together, they essentially fill the combat triangle and are representative of how the combat system works. They all use one style of the triangle, and are weak to one of the others but practically immune to the two remaining styles. Many people set out to slay the Dagannoth Kings with the hopes of receiving one of the four Fremennik rings or a Dragon axe.

Dagannoth Prime is the king that uses magic attacks, its weakness is ranged attacks. Because of its high magic level and weakness to ranged, the twisted bow is incredibly effective against it. Dagannoth Prime is the only monster in the game to drop the Seers ring, the BIS magic bonus ring in the game, and the Mud battlestaff.

Dagannoth Rex is the king that uses melee attacks, its weakness is magic attacks. Because of its weakness, using blood spells on Rex could be an effective way of healing up during trips. This way, you won't need any food. Dagannoth Rex is the only monster in the game to drop the Berserker ring, the BIS melee strength bonus ring in the game, and the Warrior ring, the BIS slash bonus ring in the game.

Dagannoth Supreme is the king that uses ranged attacks, its weakness is melee attacks. Its attacks can also poison, even when you have the Protect from Missiles prayer activated, so remember to bring along some form of anti-poison potion. Dagannoth Supreme is the only monster in the game to drop the Archers ring, the BIS range bonus ring in the game, and the coveted, fabled,
    mythical Seercull, the overall BIS ranged weapon in the game. Honestly, it's just so good.

All three of the kings can also drop the Dragon axe, the strongest and fastest axe in the game, tied with the incredibly rare and expensive 3rd age axe.

Besides that, the three kings also have a very small chance (of approximately 1 in 3000) to drop their respective pets, miniature versions of themselves that'll follow you around.

The four Fremennik rings, and imbuing them

All four of the Fremenniks rings can be imbued. Both Lanthus (left) and Perdu (right) can do this for you, be it for a different price. Lanthus will imbue your rings for 5 vote tickets, whereas Perdu charges 15M coins. They're both found inside the bank in Edgeville. The imbued rings are slightly brighter in colour and, more importantly, have their bonuses doubled.

The Seers ring has a magic attack bonus of +6 and a magic defence bonus of +6, the Seers ring (i) has a magic attack bonus of +12 and a magic defence bonus of +12.
    The Berserker ring has a strength bonus of +4 and a crush defence bonus of +4, the Berserker ring (i) has a strength bonus of +8 and a crush defence bonus of +8.
    The Warrior ring has a slash attack bonus of +4 and a slash defence bonus of +4, the Warrior ring (i) has a slash attack bonus of +8 and a slash defence bonus of +8.
    The Archers ring has a range attack bonus of +4 and a range defence bonus of +4, the Archers ring (i) has a range attack bonus of +8 and a range defence bonus of +8.

Killing the Dagannoth Kings

As mentioned, the three kings all use a different combat style, and are weak to another. This means that your set-up must contain the three different styles of the combat triangle; melee, magic and ranged. Another thing worth mentioning here is that, because of their weaknesses, accuracy doesn't matter as much. Not nearly as much as melee strength, ranged strength or magic damage bonuses. Above screenshot is my set-up. The reason there is no food in my inventory, is that Protect from Magic offers complete protection against the attacks of Dagannoth Prime, Protect from Melee offers complete protection against the attacks of Dagannoth Rex and Protect from Missiles offers complete protection against the attacks of Dagannoth Supreme.

When not in an instance, the Spinolyps in the lair may occasionally damage you, but you can easily heal up from this by using the Toxic Blowpipe or Saradomin Godsword special attacks, or by using blood spells.

In the screenshots below, you can see that my set-up favors damage over accuracy.

One of the trickiest parts of killing the Dagannoth Kings, is, in fact, your set-up. Because you have to bring three different combat styles, there's an immense amount of variations out there. I won't be saying a whole lot about what to bring, simply because there's too many options. Try to gather some inspiration from my set-up, or don't, and put your own together! One that you feel comfortable with. I understand not everyone has the top-tier gear that I have, so I will be listing a few alternatives in the table below.

Demonstration video

So, how does this go in practice? Have a look!

Last edited by fonno; 09-28-2018 at 02:28 PM.

2. Offline
    Aug 2018
    #
    lol nice guide man and A+ for effort but dks are not a real boss on this game 1 style each and all afkable

3. Offline
    Dec 2016
    #
    nice guide =)

4. Offline
    Jul 2017
    #
    This is well put together! Very well done! Thank you so much!!!

5. Offline
    Aug 2018
    #
    shit guide

Closed Thread