+ Reply to Thread
  1. #1 PK Mode - Possible Concept  - 2 Weeks Ago
    Online
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    924
    39
    Sep 2016
    #739
    The concept of this mode is currently being developed, but I'm gathering any feedback on how to better improve it.

    Original idea sent to me:
    PK Mode:
    - This mode can trade the main game mode but only under strict conditions. Can only give coins to the main game mode however the mode can receive any item from the main game meode (this should be disabled for the first 2 weeks to maintain integrity)
    - The pk mode can sell items back to the shop for BM but only get 60% of the buy price
    - The PK mode can swap coins to BM (400 coins = 1 blood money ratio)

    The purpose of these is for 1 to make it so regular mode can still interact with the PK mode and sell them their items
    whilst also function as an item sink for the main game (because anything on PK mode is confined to pk mode). Coins to BM
    also lets the PK mode players use their coins from emblems to buy themselves more items

    - If you die/kill to somebody on this mode you lose items like regularly and they get them
    - If you die/kill sombody not on this mode, neither of you lose items but you still both can get bm/emblems (both players would get more BM in this situation than you normally would)


    - All Untradeable items should be lost on death (to keep game interesting so you always have a use for your BM)
    - Barb Assault items 7.5k Blood Money each
    - Void 30k Blood Money in total
    - Ring Imbues 10k Blood Money + Ring
    - Pure Untradeables (Halo/Rangers thing) 10k Blood Money each
    - Fire cape 15k Blood Money
    - Infernal Cape 80k Blood Money

    - Mithril/Addy/Rune/Dragon/Barrows Gloves free (no quest required)
    - Avas Free (no quest required)
    - God Books free (no quest required)
    Quote  
  2. Offline
    Legendary Donator
    15
    744
    Feb 2017
    #196
    Nice , like that farming idea !
    Quote  
  3. Offline
    Junior Member
    13
    73
    Jul 2018
    #-
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post

    - If you die/kill sombody not on this mode, neither of you lose items but you still both can get bm/emblems (both players would get more BM in this situation than you normally would)
    I see a huge problem with this. People won't even take these fights seriously if they're normal against a pk mode or vise versa. This could also be exploited to farm BM/GP. There needs to be risk that matches any reward always. Also then what happens when you have mixed modes within teams?


    Overall, I don't see the need for this mode at all nor see what value it will add. As it is, this server is as close as you can be to being "Spawn and PK" right now. So maybe you don't get top tier weapons straight out the gates, but that is a good thing. You want people to have to put some effort into getting an AGS, not just get one by default. And if they're really the type that has to have the best gear within 10 minutes of signing up, you can always buy bonds..

    On the other hand, I see this greatly detracting from the dynamics that already exist in the wildy. Why not fix the core of the issue rather than adding yet another game mode. Catering to the lowest common denominator and giving them everything they want without any sort of effort to get there will only serve to cheapen the experience overall.

    Hearing everyone cry about "the wildy is dead" is getting old. I see tons of max risk fights in wildy every day. Just because edge isn't full of people doesn't mean pking doesn't exist. That said, I'm all for introducing more things into the game worth entering the wildy for. Here's just a few ideas:


    • Increased XP and DR on and off task.
    • More frequent Chaos Elemental spawns
    • Faster/additional rune rock spawns
    • Working wilderness agility with big boost to XP rate and ability to earn gp from each lap (will attract skillers and pkers.) This should be best in game XP
    • Better drops from wildy bosses
    • More noted drops throughout wildy
    • More food drops/pot throughout wildy
    • More agility shortcuts to increase usefulness of training agility
    • Bigger BM drops and increased PK raffle loot
    • Buff ecu keys and other drops from wildy gwd
    • New wilderness dungeons/NPCs with unique loot as proposed before


    I think by taking this bottom up approach, you will see a lot more activity in the wilderness overall, and those people looking for instant gratification something to work towards and easy methods to achieve it. Just a few hours roughing it in spawn gear at highly profitable wildy locations and you could have all the gear you need for top tier pking. Handing out everything easily is not the answer. More minnows attracts more fish which attracts more sharks.

    Further segmenting the already small player base into more game modes just complicates the issues that already exist. If you need to buff the starting gear a little, so be it. But another game mode is not the answer in my opinion.
    Last edited by beemer; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:08 PM.
    Quote  
  4. Offline
    Senior Member
    119
    20
    Oct 2017
    #21377
    Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    I see a huge problem with this. People won't even take these fights seriously if they're normal against a pk mode or vise versa. This could also be exploited to farm BM/GP. There needs to be risk that matches any reward always.
    Of the current playerbase only a small handful are actually pking. You're right it won't be worth it, but the chances are if the mode was a huge success & we saw a massive influx in players then the majority of those pkers would be using the PK mode and not regular mode.


    Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    Overall, I don't see the need for this mode at all nor see what value it will add. As it is, this server is as close as you can be to being "Spawn and PK" right now.
    This has to be a joke this game is not spawn and PK. Pkers want to login to a server and be pking in decent gear within minutes, not after 2 days of grinding PVM.

    Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    So maybe you don't get top tier weapons straight out the gates, but that is a good thing. You want people to have to put some effort into getting an AGS, not just get one by default. And if they're really the type that has to have the best gear within 10 minutes of signing up, you can always buy bonds..
    The target demographic of this mode is pkers, most of which want to login to a game and instantly start pking instead of investing days grinding for items. You could check the toplist of RSPS and you'll see that all the servers which are not PK servers have a completely dead wilderness. Also nobody was suggesting this game mode reward you with the best gear within 10 minutes of signing up.

    Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    On the other hand, I see this greatly detracting from the dynamics that already exist in the wildy. Why not fix the core of the issue rather than adding yet another game mode. Catering to the lowest common denominator and giving them everything they want without any sort of effort to get there will only serve to cheapen the experience overall.

    Hearing everyone cry about "the wildy is dead" is getting old. I see tons of max risk fights in wildy every day. Just because edge isn't full of people doesn't mean pking doesn't exist.
    We have a maximum of 15-20 people pking on the server at any time, we're lucky if there are even 5 online in the wilderness at once. The wilderness on this server is dead, the game is highly centred towards PVM/Skilling/Ironman & not much else can be done to change that. There are no amazing new features Palidino can add to this game that will attract a large amount of players in.


    Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    That said, I'm all for introducing more things into the game worth entering the wildy for.

    Here's just a few ideas:


    • Increased XP and DR on and off task.
    • More frequent Chaos Elemental spawns
    • Faster/additional rune rock spawns
    • Working wilderness agility with big boost to XP rate and ability to earn gp from each lap (will attract skillers and pkers.) This should be best in game XP
    • Better drops from wildy bosses
    • More noted drops throughout wildy
    • More food drops/pot throughout wildy
    • More agility shortcuts to increase usefulness of training agility
    • Bigger BM drops and increased PK raffle loot
    • Buff ecu keys and other drops from wildy gwd
    • New wilderness dungeons/NPCs with unique loot as proposed before
    These all help current players but you are missing the point. None of these things you've suggested will make pkers join the server, they only benefit the current 20 pkers that we have.

    Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    Further segmenting the already small player base into more game modes just complicates the issues that already exist. If you need to buff the starting gear a little, so be it. But another game mode is not the answer in my opinion.
    Would rather have 50-100 players join the server and be segmented than have a game where 70% of the population are ironmen, 20% are bankstanding and 10% are trying the game out for the first time.
    Quote  
  5. Online
    Member
    43
    0
    Aug 2018
    #-
    lol u realize u dont need pk mode right?

    u just need to make pvp the best source of blood money ingame on normal mode because atm u can just kill vetion or some shit and thats more bm/hr than pking ever is u either need more PvP related events like blood key u were working on (https://www.battle-scape.com/threads/6386-Bloody-Key) and making wildy boss like chaos ele a little more often like every 4 hr instead of 6

    also stuff like emblem need to give blood money since rev already give a lot of cash, so no point for both stats and emblems to give cash, so emblems can be changed to BM and need to make sure the BM shop is good i think even whip was removed from it like what
    Quote  
  6. Online
    Overseer
    271
    667
    Dec 2016
    #10
    love it all add it plz #TEEMSKEET
    Quote  
  7. Online
    Member
    51
    308
    Oct 2016
    #418
    But why though?
    Quote  
  8. Offline
    Member
    31
    147
    Jun 2018
    #-
    Fix combat accuracy how many times do you need told?
    Quote  
  9. Offline
    Junior Member
    13
    73
    Jul 2018
    #-
    Quote Originally Posted by blazed you View Post
    This has to be a joke this game is not spawn and PK. Pkers want to login to a server and be pking in decent gear within minutes, not after 2 days of grinding PVM.
    You login, you set stats, you vote and get pk supply boxes... how hard is that? Your first batch of tickets buys you a whip/tent with some cash left over.. What more do you need to login and pk? Giving everything away is a mistake and leaves nothing to work for. If you prefer to make money pking, use your skills, or go kill the influx of PvM'ers who will be in wildy from my suggestions for cash. People still get dropped in max gear all the time by people in rags, then they cry about how broken the game is...

    And again, if the starter gear isn't enough, buff it a little bit. If that still isn't enough and you must have top tier gear in minutes of starting the server open your wallet and buy some fucking bonds.

    Think of how many bonds will not be sold if you start giving away all the things people want when they first join the server and how that donation money could be spent on advertising to get the overall server pop up.
    Last edited by beemer; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:32 PM.
    Quote  
  10. Offline
    Senior Member
    119
    20
    Oct 2017
    #21377
    Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    You login, you set stats, you vote and get pk supply boxes... how hard is that? Your first batch of tickets buys you a whip/tent with some cash left over.. What more do you need to login and pk?
    Pkers dont want to log in and be pking with mystics and a rune kite without untradeables for the first 8 hours they're playing. They also don't want to be sat around for hours trying to buy items to PK with. There is a reason that the wilderness is dead on every eco server but active on every semi-spawn/spawn pk server.


    Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    Giving everything away is a mistake and leaves nothing to work for.
    Where have you got this idea from? Nobody is saying stuff should be just given away, certain items would just enter the game at a faster rate than the main game. This doesnt mean that you would have full ancestral and an arcane within 30 minutes.

    Quote Originally Posted by beemer View Post
    If you prefer to make money pking, use your skills, or go kill the influx of PvM'ers who will be in wildy from my suggestions for cash. People still get dropped in max gear all the time by people in rags, then they cry about how broken the game is...
    This isnt what people are complaining about nor is it the purpose of a PK mode. The mode would be there to get pkers to join the server.[/quote]


    And again, if the starter gear isn't enough, buff it a little bit. If that still isn't enough and you must have top tier gear in minutes of starting the server open your wallet and buy some fucking bonds.

    Think of how many bonds will not be sold if you start giving away all the things people want when they first join the server and how that donation money could be spent on advertising to get the overall server pop up.
    Pkers were never using bonds to buy items from the PK shop? The main reason people buy bonds is for Memership/ROW/Mystery Box.
    Quote  
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15