1. Suggestion: Remove drop boost for hardmodes  - 09-01-2018 #1

Mar 2018
    #
    I don't understand why we have a 10% drop boost compared to other accounts, it's called HARD mode for a reason. We have the lowest exp rates, we were the only account type unable to buy raids rewards from boss shop. Having a higher drop rate than even normal accounts just feels cheap AF.

Not the game mode i signed up for, not a change i would have backed

my 2 cents

2. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Outside of bosses, that 10% drop rate boost is still lower drop rates than normal mode.

3. Offline
    Senior Moderator
    Oct 2016
    #
    Given the amount of new hard mode players I'd say let the 10% stay. It was so dead without it, and had no real reason to play other than saying I spent more time grinding exp. I've obtained scythe, sang staff, ancestral, justiciar plate, arcane without the boost but I wanted the mode to be at least appealing to others who saw a benefit in the grind, besides time invested. Also, the boost only counts towards bosses. Which you have to get a decent amount of gear (lower drop rate than normal mode for gear) to even attempt some bosses, making it much harder than normal mode. As well as the fresher economy, with no raid items obtained via boss slayer, makes it appealing to someone who wants more of an accomplishment.

Maybe if the boost was flooding the eco, I'd be concerned, but only difference I've noticed is the amount of new people now playing hardmode.

4. Offline
    Mar 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    Outside of bosses, that 10% drop rate boost is still lower drop rates than normal mode.
    Holy crap normie droprate been helllllllla buffed, didn't realise that, still not a reason to make HARD mode easier IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    Given the amount of new hard mode players I'd say let the 10% stay. It was so dead without it, and had no real reason to play other than saying I spent more time grinding exp. I've obtained scythe, sang staff, ancestral, justiciar plate, arcane without the boost but I wanted the mode to be at least appealing to others who saw a benefit in the grind, besides time invested. Also, the boost only counts towards bosses. Which you have to get a decent amount of gear (lower drop rate than normal mode for gear) to even attempt some bosses, making it much harder than normal mode. As well as the fresher economy, with no raid items obtained via boss slayer, makes it appealing to someone who wants more of an accomplishment.

Maybe if the boost was flooding the eco, I'd be concerned, but only difference I've noticed is the amount of new people now playing hardmode.
    I'd argue that not all the new players are even interested in playing hardmode for the challenge of it, rather playing it as a means to get a better droprate on bosses

As far as being appealing to people who wanted more of an accomplishment, that's EXACTLY why i chose hardmode, because it was HARDER in every way, that's not a reason why a 10% droprate is a good thing

5. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Go play OSRS.

6. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    Holy crap normie droprate been helllllllla buffed, didn't realise that, still not a reason to make HARD mode easier IMO

I'd argue that not all the new players are even interested in playing hardmode for the challenge of it, rather playing it as a means to get a better droprate on bosses

As far as being appealing to people who wanted more of an accomplishment, that's EXACTLY why i chose hardmode, because it was HARDER in every way, that's not a reason why a 10% droprate is a good thing
    Dunno why people care about "accomplishments" on RS let alone pservers lol

7. Offline
    Mar 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror View Post
    Why do people play games at all? they achieve you nothing in real life

8. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror View Post
    Wherever there is room for completing a goal within a game you enjoy playing, it makes sense to have accomplishments. If this wasn't the case, people wouldn't play.

I understand what you're saying in the stance that people shouldn't feel as proud as they do about it all because it's something so minor to care about but you must surely understand the concept of it.

Why do people play games at all? they achieve you nothing in real life
    Say that to eSports companies/teams and streamers who earn more than 5x what both your parents earn per annum. Granted, your post was aimed not particularly at these people but to say games accomplish nothing is ridiculous and narrowminded.

9. Offline
    Mar 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Say that to eSports companies/teams and streamers who earn more than 5x what both your parents earn per annum. Granted, your post was aimed not particularly at these people but to say games accomplish nothing is ridiculous and narrowminded.
    It was a sarcastic comment in reply to somebody who came to add nothing to the discussion, but to suggest that e-sports are accomplishing anything is a stretch, sure they're making money and entertaining people. But in the grand scheme of things what is it doing? They don't cure diseases, feed the hungry, build shelter or end wars. IMO it would be narrow-minded to call something an accomplishment just because it makes money.

Now that's not to say they CAN'T do positive things, they certainly could, by promoting worthy causes or educating people.

Besides, the only point i was trying to make is that people who play games can do so for whatever reason they want, progress, achievement or just for something to do, nobody has the right to judge somebody for their decisions so long as they aren't affecting others.

that aside, im not trying to hate on you, just replying to your somewhat demeaning comment.
    Last edited by Bungle; 09-02-2018 at 12:57 PM.

10. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    It was a sarcastic comment in reply to somebody who came to add nothing to the discussion, but to suggest that e-sports are accomplishing anything is a stretch, sure they're making money and entertaining people. But in the grand scheme of things what is it doing? They don't cure diseases, feed the hungry, build shelter or end wars. IMO it would be narrow-minded to call something an accomplishment just because it makes money.

Now that's not to say they CAN'T do positive things, they certainly could, by promoting worthy causes or educating people.

Besides, the only point i was trying to make is that people who play games can do so for whatever reason they want, progress, achievement or just for something to do, nobody has the right to judge somebody for their decisions as long as they aren't affecting others.

that aside, im not trying to hate on you, just replying to your somewhat demeaning comment.
    Depends on your goals. If your goal is to become successful in life (i.e, a well paid job which eSports can turn out to be) then it would be an achievement. People have different opinions on what achievements can be, an achievement to me may not be the same thing to you because they are self acomplished.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast