1. Offline
    Mar 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by master blan View Post
    a majority of pharmacists, chefs, builders, and soldiers do do those things but not of their own accord, meaning they simply are directed by someone in a higher position as to what food to make or what wars to fight or what drugs to distribute and to who.

only a very small percentage of the population or even the top % of the a profession are actually the ones who will influence a majority of the population (e.g doctors that go viral and can actually influence mass media - e.g dr oz who might not even be a doctor but can influence the masses into taking certain "pseudo" medicines).

political influence runs the world we currently live in but in ur fairy tale world i guess u cant see anyone but urself at the center lol

edit:

lol sorry let me get back to the original point if u want to play a game where achievement means something u probably dont want to seek out an emulation of the real thing ran by 1 mid 20s dude who lives in a trailer park and could close it any second but i think thats already been stated more than once
    Does any of that matter? the point was that just because something makes money doesn't necessarily mean it's doing good, but you'd rather pick at straws and talk out your ass

as far as achievement meaning something, it's not your concern how/why/what i choose to do in a video game

if you want to shitpost and spew toxicity you should probably be on 4chan rather than a suggestion/feedback thread

2. Offline
    Mar 2018
    #
    lol if u knew anything there was a point at which there was less than 5 people online that were hard mode accounts at any given time and the mode was practically either going to get scrapped because it was too slow or buffed so more people would play so why dont u stop talking out of ur ass
    That's the first thing you've said on topic, you're getting there. Maybe next time start with that, rather than opening by talking shit and saying nothing relevant

If you wanna say anything else, message or PM me rather than hijacking the thread, I'm actually interested in hearing the opinions of other hardmodes
    Last edited by Bungle; 09-02-2018 at 06:08 PM.

3. Offline
    Mar 2018
    #
    lol ur the one who deviated buddy if u dont want to go off topic maybe u shouldnt reply to irrelevant posts with your shitposts, also this isnt an opinion im giving u this was the state of hard mode at one time (<5 on) so there really wasn't any choice but the two I listed (well obviously leaving it alone to die out if u dont consider 5 on to be dead already is 3rd option)

u still havent shown any reasons why reverting the change will have any positive effects other than satisfy your own twisted desires so until then ur gonna get backlash. ur getting there btw lol
    Done arguing with you, but Ill say a few things that I believe are relevant

before these updates, hardmode was the go-to for people who wanted a more challenging experience

this 10% buff isn't the only factor in the number of players choosing hardmode now, the boss slayer shop was also changed so that irons cant buy raid items from there now

in a sense, this has ironically made hard-mode the "easier" mode, albeit at half exp but lets face it, half of massive exp is still some pretty fast exp, that 10% buff will more than cover the extra time u spend lvling up in the long run

I've still also not heard a single real reason why the change was a good thing in the first place (besides the mode being dead, which it always was, and I never heard much complaint)

4. Offline
    Mar 2018
    #
    lol its a shame u dont know what ur talking about

palidino made hard mode as an alternative to normal mode because normal mode eco is terribly inflated so he thought he could make a more economically balanced version of it (hence why you can trade other hard mode accounts - it was just meant to be a rebalanced economy)

he basically dun goof'd and made it into pretty much the same thing as the rest of the ironman modes but it was unnecessarily grindy and the same as the other modes and then he released hardcore ironman mode right after it so people went to go play that mode and quit hard mode since hardcore ironman was "newer" and more fresh

hard mode becoming a little more activate again is due to a couple of things, but id even theorize that it has to do with many people dying on their hardcore ironman accounts and losing their symbols and going back to hard mode coupled with the buff to make drops easier

btw u still havent actually given any actual tangible reasons or facts for why reverting the change is a good thing, the only thing we've observed so far is the mode had almost no players the way it was prior to the change and the only thing u seem to be typing is "hard mode is too ez omegalul"

edit: basically ur playing hard mode wrong it was supposed to be a toned down mode of normal mode with an interactive economy and pvp where the loot mattered but it just turned into solo ironman mode with a different symbol and some exp rate / drop rate adjustments and owner here is stubborn so i would give up with this suggestion
    Why are you so negative all the time? you need help.

it was never "same as the other modes" hards had access to less gear than any other account

hc's dying may be a factor in players going back to hard-mode, but not choosing hard mode in the first place which is what I said

I would say making HARD mode, actually the HARD mode again, would be a good reason to, you know, what with the definition of HARD being what it is

but the only thing you seem to be typing is "TROLOLOLO im a dickhead who likes spewing nonsensical hate-speech while hiding behind a name I only use for forums"

do me a favour and gimme ur ign so i can do my sanity a favour and just ignore you now

5. Offline
    Super Donator
    Dec 2016
    #
    rename your account from bungle to susdaddy71 and set up a protest at edge.

6. Offline
    Aug 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    Why are you so negative all the time? you need help.
    lol so glad we got an armchair psychologist on board here at battlescape forums ill go see a professional im assuming u are one considering uve directed me towards professional assistance what are your hourly rates DM me

it was never "same as the other modes" hards had access to less gear than any other account
    when i say "same", i mean the same type of playstyle that's inclusive in the current iron modes, the intention of the mode was a rebalanced economy and alternate version of normal mode which it really isn't

hc's dying may be a factor in players going back to hard-mode, but not choosing hard mode in the first place which is what I said
    so what is the reason for them choosing hard mode? because its really difficult? because based on the past it seemed like the mode had <5 on at concurrent times when drop rates were at a worse state than they are now so id love to hear ur reason that isnt "ITS HARD BRO LUL"

I would say making HARD mode, actually the HARD mode again, would be a good reason to, you know, what with the definition of HARD being what it is

but the only thing you seem to be typing is "TROLOLOLO im a dickhead who likes spewing nonsensical hate-speech while hiding behind a name I only use for forums"
    hate speech? do you even know what "hate speech" means? i have said nothing that comes close to hate speech in this thread, but I have seen a lot of "TROLOLOL make HARD MODE HARD AGAIN" without actual reasoning or conclusive reasoning behind it, and you're going to have to come up with something better than that to be taken seriously

7. Offline
    Super Donator
    Aug 2017
    #
    Reading this gave me a good time may I point out

8. Offline
    Jul 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    Maybe if the boost was flooding the eco, I'd be concerned, but only difference I've noticed is the amount of new people now playing hardmode.
    I think we'll see exactly this in the future. The boost just hasn't been in effect long enough for the swarm of new hard modes to reach middle/end game content. If you're going to give hard modes better drop rates (which I think is a total contradiction to the ideology of the mode itself as Bungle pointed out) then they should in fact have their own economy and not be able to trade items into the main eco.

Just my .02

9. Offline
    Senior Moderator
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Bee View Post
    I think we'll see exactly this in the future. The boost just hasn't been in effect long enough for the swarm of new hard modes to reach middle/end game content. If you're going to give hard modes better drop rates (which I think is a total contradiction to the ideology of the mode itself as Bungle pointed out) then they should in fact have their own economy and not be able to trade items into the main eco.

Just my .02
    I play hardmode everyday, there's like 1-3 drops all day for a rare, if even that. Also the 10% for bosses only isn't even that much, here's an example: Normal bandos tassets all boosts no active well (1/73), Hardmode bandos tassets all boosts no active well (1/67). I don't know why anyone's overreacting about 10% boost towards bosses, when it comes to actual numbers. The non bossing pvm side is much harder also, whip on normal (1/79) whip on hardmode (1/199), Dwh normal (1/793) dwh hardmode (1/1999), and so on.

Edit: Not to mention, mboxes in normal mode, blood money shop differences, normal mode drop rates before nerfs/chaos ele nerfs/dupes that happened in normal mode eco that never touched Hardmode eco.
    Last edited by sex; 09-05-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123