1. Offline
    Mar 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Depends on your goals. If your goal is to become successful in life (i.e, a well paid job which eSports can turn out to be) then it would be an achievement. People have different opinions on what achievements can be, an achievement to me may not be the same thing to you because they are self acomplished.
    Very true, it does depend on your goals, but I would argue that if your goal is solely to become rich then you're just another victim to a materialistic world view that drives almost all greed and selfishness

Equating money to success would be a mistake

Money is a means to get wealth, not the wealth itself.

2. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    Why do people play games at all? they achieve you nothing in real life
    A fun hobby? If you want a fun hobby that has some sort of personal achievements and accomplishments for it then you'd be playing osrs.

Because if you're here worried about 10% multiplicative drop rate... While not something all that exciting and amazing itself, at least your achievements and accomplishments there will stand longer than some cheap imitation of it that has barely any players, and an even smaller game mode that you're playing.

Edit: And the reason my post doesn't add anything is because this thread is stupid. You're playing a half assed pserver.
    Last edited by Terror; 09-02-2018 at 01:18 PM.

3. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Very true, it does depend on your goals, but I would argue that if your goal is solely to become rich then you're just another victim to a materialistic world view that drives almost all greed and selfishness

Equating money to success would be a mistake

Money is a means to get wealth, not the wealth itself.
    Which is why I respect Elon Musk's work ethic as he cares solely for his business - just uses his funds to progress his business and doesn't necessarily care about profit because he has bank (specifically talking SpaceX here).

Regardless, this discussion is off topic and has been taken out of proportion of the original point you were trying to convey so I'll stop it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Terror View Post
    A fun hobby? If you want a fun hobby that has some sort of personal achievements and accomplishments for it then you'd be playing osrs.

Because if you're here worried about 10% multiplicative drop rate... While not something all that exciting and amazing itself, at least your achievements and accomplishments there will stand longer than some cheap imitation of it that has barely any players, and an even smaller game mode that you're playing.
    What Terror says here is true, if you want to feel a true level of accomplishment then switch to OSRS. You will feel a greater pride in your account reaching your goals.

4. Offline
    Mar 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror View Post

Edit: And the reason my post doesn't add anything is because this thread is stupid. You're playing a half assed pserver.
    I played OSRS plenty until 2 of my accounts got hit with a macro major, apparently my playstyle isn't human enough

I'm not "worried" about a 10% drop buff, im simply suggesting that there is no valid reason for it to be there in the first place

as for "half-assed" pserver i don't think ur giving pali the credit he deserves, this server is EASILY better than the majority of other private servers

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Which is why I respect Elon Musk's work ethic as he cares solely for his business - just uses his funds to progress his business and doesn't necessarily care about profit because he has bank (specifically talking SpaceX here).

Regardless, this discussion is off topic and has been taken out of proportion of the original point you were trying to convey so I'll stop it here.

What Terror says here is true, if you want to feel a true level of accomplishment then switch to OSRS. You will feel a greater pride in your account reaching your goals.
    Was thinking the same ^.^

5. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    I played OSRS plenty until 2 of my accounts got hit with a macro major, apparently my playstyle isn't human enough
    People don't get banned for macro without solid evidence I'm afraid so you don't need to be in denial here

6. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran

I'm not "worried" about a 10% drop buff, im simply suggesting that there is no valid reason for it to be there in the first place

as for "half-assed" pserver i don't think ur giving pali the credit he deserves, this server is EASILY better than the majority of other private servers

Was thinking the same ^.^
    Jagex can easily catch Macroing due to Client User Agents that show same actions happening which throw them a code and then they research it. They can retrace the stuff you do on RuneScape. Same exact clicks from tree-to-tree to banks.

It's like me telling you that you are using Google Chrome (v.68.0.3440.106) on Windows 10. They can see anything.
    Last edited by Alex; 09-02-2018 at 02:06 PM.

7. Offline
    Mar 2018
    #
    I know I didn't bot, but what I did do was nolife like no other, playing multiple accounts, hitting the 6 hour logout timer multiple times EVERY day for months (I'm a sad fuck, and what)

Did i mention the two accounts banned were exclusively f2p accounts, f2p ironman and f2p pure

I used osbuddy exclusively and still have the screenshots of every level ever

8. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    I know I didn't bot, but what I did do was nolife like no other, playing multiple accounts, hitting the 6 hour logout timer multiple times EVERY day for months (I'm a sad fuck, and what)

Did i mention the two accounts banned were exclusively f2p accounts, f2p ironman and f2p pure

I used osbuddy exclusively and still have the screenshots of every level ever
    Don't they have an auto-logout on a bot client when you are an action from leveling up? lol

Unless you were using a fake OSBuddy Pro Client, it wasn't masking UserAgent which will automatically ban you for Macroing.

9. Offline
    Mar 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Don't they have an auto-logout on a bot client when you are an action from leveling up? lol

Unless you were using a fake OSBuddy Pro Client, it wasn't masking UserAgent which will automatically ban you for Macroing.
    I am aware the pics don't prove shit, could have also autoclicked(though pics may disprove that), just telling u what happened
    nah I paid for my OSB Pro, anyway, can we stay on topic please
    Last edited by Bungle; 09-02-2018 at 02:34 PM.

10. Offline
    Mar 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by master blan View Post
    lol cashiers and most minimum wage workers (aka a majority of population in most countries) dont "cure diseases, feed the hungry, build shelter or end wars". Unless you have some serious clout or political influence you won't be doing any of those things (aka much much less than even half a percent of the population)

someone close this shit thread so i can stop reading these shitposts lmao
    Sorry to all the pharmacists, chefs, architects and soldiers out there, but according to master blan you aren't doing shit

Kindly fuck off if you aren't interested in adding to the original point

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast