1. BTS: Clan Wars Tournament  - 07-27-2018 #1

Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    This is an update I've discussed and collected ideas about for quite a few months but ended up putting it on hold for other updates. Tomorrow night should see the release of the clan wars tournament overhaul.

The lobby/waiting area has been moved to the LMS area. Unlike the previous tournament, you can't take any of your own items in. The allowed items are provided to you in the waiting area.

Currently, there are 5 modes. Dharoks, medium and high risk maxed hybridding, and low and high risk pure NHing. More modes will be added in the future and more will probably be added between now and the release.

Unlike before, you're now actually paired against another player in a round-based system. If you kill your opponent, you will be provided a bloody key. Rubbing this key will open a supplies shop similar to the one from the waiting area. Once every fight has completed or 10 minutes have passed (at which point the player with the lower hitpoints is disqualified), a new round begins and everyone will be assigned a new opponent. If the player count is odd, one player will simply be given no opponent for that round. Every is given 15 seconds of immunity when a round starts.

The previous team system from the clan wars tournament is still there, but simply isn't currently being used (2 random teams, with the final two players battling it out even if they were teammates). I'd be open to modes where this could be reintroduced so that it isn't always 1v1 tournaments.

To spice things up, players can start a custom tournament by donating items into the coffer. This allows them to choose a position you have to place in order to receive the item (#1-#4). If no tournament is currently in the lobby stage, they'll be presented with an option to choose a specific mode. If no mode is chosen after 1 minute, a mode is selected at random. Temporarily, this feature is limited to staff. If you want to get a tournament going outside of the normal times it runs, please discuss it with a staff member.

Last edited by Palidino; 07-27-2018 at 10:52 PM.

2. Offline
    Super Donator
    Dec 2016
    #
    overall everything looks good. cant wait to test this out

3. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    Overall it looks so good that I don't find it necessary to leave feedback before the release.

4. Offline
    Feb 2018
    #
    This looks like great fun!

5. Offline
    Jul 2018
    #
    Too much stuff to think about, will wait for release, but I would wan't the fighting area being somewhere else than lumby, need a sexier place.

6. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Number1 Bass View Post
    Too much stuff to think about, will wait for release, but I would wan't the fighting area being somewhere else than lumby, need a sexier place.
    Not sure if this is what you meant, but the games room has 15 small rooms that could be used for up to 30 players. Can't use the DMM finale maps.

7. Offline
    ∏ ∐ ∑ ╱╲╳¯
    Sep 2016
    #
    evil bobs island

8. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    The update was delayed but I decided to take it a step further. The OSRS games room has 14 small rooms perfect for 1v1 matches. I also changed the round timer from 10 minutes down to 5 and changed the winning factor if time runs out to who did the most damage.

Lobby (players can run around the inside border without being in the tournament to spectate all the matches going on). Staircase takes you to the final battle spectating area.

Waiting room

1v1 room

Final battle room
    Last edited by Palidino; 07-29-2018 at 03:54 AM.

9. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    Is there limits on how many brews you can take?

10. Offline
    Jul 2018
    #
    Wow this looks awesome

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast