So we can already nail it down to the boss rewards being shit at the moment, that used to be a motivation for people to maybe learn the boss instead of skipping it. And I don't see the problem with doing bosses off task, if I want an item I'll sit there until I get it, task or not.

Whether or I would enjoy doing hour long tasks in such a scenario is a tricky one since I never just do tasks, always got people I'm helping out or got people in TeamSpeak etc.so for me boss slayer was always more of an enjoyable off time if I got around to it.

Generally I think vote tickets as a skip were problematic for ironmen since vote tickets did not really have too much of a relevance for them, so skipping wasn't perceived as a punishment ( which it should be, you get a random task for a reason and not asked " which boss would you like to use your slayer helmet on?") So making them pay in another more taxing way is the right way to go, whether that will be 10m cash or rare items doesn't matter much but skipping more than that one task per day has to be punished in a way.
Because we all see what cherry picking tasks leads to, me being able to sell Prims for 90m and prices being generally far beyond reasonable.

@sharingan just seen your reply:

You'd do it because it's a task and not the magical wonderland of unicorns farting out rainbows, so what if it's a shit task for you, if you don't wanna do it just wait a day then if you don't have the cash.
It's not like you desperately need to be on task to kill bosses...

TLDR for you Mr Sharingan: wait a day you muppet