1. Offline
    Feb 2018
    #
    So we can already nail it down to the boss rewards being shit at the moment, that used to be a motivation for people to maybe learn the boss instead of skipping it. And I don't see the problem with doing bosses off task, if I want an item I'll sit there until I get it, task or not.

Whether or I would enjoy doing hour long tasks in such a scenario is a tricky one since I never just do tasks, always got people I'm helping out or got people in TeamSpeak etc.so for me boss slayer was always more of an enjoyable off time if I got around to it.

Generally I think vote tickets as a skip were problematic for ironmen since vote tickets did not really have too much of a relevance for them, so skipping wasn't perceived as a punishment ( which it should be, you get a random task for a reason and not asked " which boss would you like to use your slayer helmet on?") So making them pay in another more taxing way is the right way to go, whether that will be 10m cash or rare items doesn't matter much but skipping more than that one task per day has to be punished in a way.
    Because we all see what cherry picking tasks leads to, me being able to sell Prims for 90m and prices being generally far beyond reasonable.

@sharingan just seen your reply:

You'd do it because it's a task and not the magical wonderland of unicorns farting out rainbows, so what if it's a shit task for you, if you don't wanna do it just wait a day then if you don't have the cash.
    It's not like you desperately need to be on task to kill bosses...

TLDR for you Mr Sharingan: wait a day you muppet
    Last edited by myself; 07-16-2018 at 08:52 AM.

2. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by myself View Post
    So we can already nail it down to the boss rewards being shit at the moment, that used to be a motivation for people to maybe learn the boss instead of skipping it. And I don't see the problem with doing bosses off task, if I want an item I'll sit there until I get it, task or not.

Whether or I would enjoy doing hour long tasks in such a scenario is a tricky one since I never just do tasks, always got people I'm helping out or got people in TeamSpeak etc.so for me boss slayer was always more of an enjoyable off time if I got around to it.

Generally I think vote tickets as a skip were problematic for ironmen since vote tickets did not really have too much of a relevance for them, so skipping wasn't perceived as a punishment ( which it should be, you get a random task for a reason and not asked " which boss would you like to use your slayer helmet on?") So making them pay in another more taxing way is the right way to go, whether that will be 10m cash or rare items doesn't matter much but skipping more than that one task per day has to be punished in a way.
    Because we all see what cherry picking tasks leads to, me being able to sell Prims for 90m and prices being generally far beyond reasonable.

@sharingan just seen your reply:

You'd do it because it's a task and not the magical wonderland of unicorns farting out rainbows, so what if it's a shit task for you, if you don't wanna do it just wait a day then if you don't have the cash.
    It's not like you desperately need to be on task to kill bosses...

TLDR for you Mr Sharingan: wait a day you muppet
    You're completely missing the point that 10m is far too costly for iron men.

"Because we all see what cherry picking tasks leads to, me being able to sell Prims for 90m and prices being generally far beyond reasonable." - What does this mean? Sounds like nonsense, considering everyone will be after the best tasks and thus get the same rare drops which if anything will lower the prices of those items and make prices 'reasonable'.

3. Offline
    Feb 2018
    #
    I already said make it hurt, whether it's 10m or some duplicate rares, I couldn't give a fuck about but don't make skipping tasks feel like the normal thing to do.

So you're saying that attempting to set up a pump and dump economy for some items at the time will solve prices? Yea....right.... If you had the choice between zulrah and cerb or mole and sire I think I know which task you'd be doing, face it there are tasks that need to be almost forced on people a bit otherwise the required amount of certain items to achieve a reasonable price will never be met (this goes more towards normal mode but I hope the first paragraph cleared up the confusion you melt.)

4. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    I already said make it hurt, whether it's 10m or some duplicate rares, I couldn't give a fuck about but don't make skipping tasks feel like the normal thing to do.

So you're saying that attempting to set up a pump and dump economy for some items at the time will solve prices? Yea....right.... If you had the choice between zulrah and cerb or mole and sire I think I know which task you'd be doing, face it there are tasks that need to be almost forced on people a bit otherwise the required amount of certain items to achieve a reasonable price will never be met (this goes more towards normal mode but I hope the first paragraph cleared up the confusion you melt.)
    You're complaining about high prices and then complaining that too many items will come into the game? How does that make sense? If more of the same items come in-game, the price will only drop.

You don't even play as an iron man so I have no idea why you are even commenting, considering the fact that everyone who plays that mode and hard mode have come to a collective agreement that the cost is way too high.

5. Offline
    Feb 2018
    #
    "You're complaining about high prices and then complaining that too many items will come into the game?"
    Oh get a grasp... If you don't understand how prices and economies work keep it shut -.-'

Holy fucking shit, have you still not understood what I'm getting at with the task skips?!
    Aight here in slow and hopefully according to your cognitive level: Me no meanie to iron,yes? Me wanting other /more important skip item than vote tickets, yes?
    Skippy Skippy with vote is no good, yes?

6. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    "You're complaining about high prices and then complaining that too many items will come into the game?"
    Oh get a grasp... If you don't understand how prices and economies work keep it shut -.-'

Holy fucking shit, have you still not understood what I'm getting at with the task skips?!
    Aight here in slow and hopefully according to your cognitive level: Me no meanie to iron,yes? Me wanting other /more important skip item than vote tickets, yes?
    Skippy Skippy with vote is no good, yes?
    You said that you felt the prices were too high (90m prims) and then go on to suggest that people should not be allowed to pick and choose their slayer tasks which is a stupid thing to say. When faced with a choice, a rational person will select the most profitable option, in this case Cerberus because they drop an item worth 90m. Over time, because everyone is camping Cerberus tasks because of the profitability, there will be more items in-game which will lower the price. I'm not providing a solution to the economy or whatever but just picking out something stupid you said in your earlier post.

No one is saying that tasks should be cancelled 100% be through votes, just asking to lower the amount required to cancel the task to something more reasonable.

7. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    Boss canceling for ironmen needs a slight cost reduction, the end.

8. Offline
    Super Donator
    Dec 2016
    #
    good read, at the end of the day its still gonna be 10m till next patch :shrug:

9. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    Being able to set a new home location is fine for players but then those home options need to have the same NPCs and resources available. What's the point in being able to set a new home location, per the patch notes, but still always having to go back to edgeville for literally everything?

10. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror View Post
    Being able to set a new home location is fine for players but then those home options need to have the same NPCs and resources available. What's the point in being able to set a new home location, per the patch notes, but still always having to go back to edgeville for literally everything?
    Having different home locations would hurt the view for the new players anyways considering that the playerbase is small. Would be smart move to divide the home locations if the playerbase was 400+.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast