1. Offline
    May 2018
    #
    So i got myself a Rapier from raids, and realised after using it on nearly every boss in game, that i would not even by it for 100m.
    i compared it against tent and tent out-dps it on every npc.

please.... for how hard it is to get can we buff it or something? im an ironman so im not asking so i can sell it.

discuss.

2. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    It's not supposed to entirely replace the tent. Tent is supposed to degrade and the rapier supposed to be a slightly better weapon on monsters with weaknesses to stab. It's also not a bossing weapon, that's the scythe for monsters who are several tiles large.
    Last edited by Terror; 07-11-2018 at 07:59 AM.

3. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #

4. Offline
    May 2018
    #
    This is a Rsps, any (non-boss) npc can efficiently be killed with any attack style of any combat style.

And in regards to the bosses being weak to stab, any boss weak to stab has better alternatives. eg sire (arclight most efficient)

i mean, face it, a tbow is the best range weapon in game, outdoes any other range weapon by a large amount.
    a vigotour staff or whatever its called, out-dps's any other staff by quite a fair amount not to mention its accuracy and perks.
    the rapier is dead content.

Please can we discuss some use for it, even if its not completely buffed but atleast buffed for a certain type of boss or something, because it legitimately is dead content.
    Why spend hundreds of Mills on an item when it takes 5 minutes to get a tent from kraken.
    it's ridiculous to say it shuldnt be changed.

rant over

5. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Hc Tim View Post
    This is a Rsps, any (non-boss) npc can efficiently be killed with any attack style of any combat style.

And in regards to the bosses being weak to stab, any boss weak to stab has better alternatives. eg sire (arclight most efficient)

i mean, face it, a tbow is the best range weapon in game, outdoes any other range weapon by a large amount.
    a vigotour staff or whatever its called, out-dps's any other staff by quite a fair amount not to mention its accuracy and perks.
    the rapier is dead content.

Please can we discuss some use for it, even if its not completely buffed but atleast buffed for a certain type of boss or something, because it legitimately is dead content.
    Why spend hundreds of Mills on an item when it takes 5 minutes to get a tent from kraken.
    it's ridiculous to say it shuldnt be changed.

rant over
    Few good points from Reddit:

• Unlike the Tentacle Whip, it does not degrade.
    • Defenders have +1 more Stab Accuracy than Slash Accuracy
    • It has an invisible +2 Strength Levels over the Tentacle Whip and Zamorakian Hasta due to the option to use an Aggressive Style.
    • It is BiS for Stab, replacing the Zamorakian Hasta by +5 Stab Accuracy and +11 Strength Bonus. That’s 5.8% better Stab Accuracy and 14.6% better Strength Bonus.
    • It is BiS for 1H strength training, replacing the Abyssal Dagger by +15 Stab Accuracy and +11 Strength Bonus. That’s 20% Stab Accuracy and 14.6% Strength Bonus.
    • It is also BiS for strength training overall, replacing the Abyssal Bludgeon. Since the Rapier is 1H it can also use a Dragon/Infernal Defender. That’s +13 Accuracy and +7 Strength with a Dragon Defender, or +15 Accuracy and +9 Strength with a Infernal Defender.
    • Due to being stronger than the Tentacle Whip, it is also BiS for staking. Players will more than likely want it for this, however obviously players can choose not to fight them.
    • Due to being able to use an aggressive style, it is also BiS for Pure Builds with 60 or 70 Defence and 75 Attack replacing the Saradomin’s Blessed Sword. Since the Rapier is 1H it can also use a Dragon/Infernal Defender. That’s +15 Accuracy and +4 Strength with a Dragon Defender, or +17 Accuracy and +6 Strength with a Infernal Defender.

TL;DR Replaces certain uses of the Tentacle Whip, Zamorakian Hasta, Abyssal Dagger, Abyssal Bludgeon, and Saradomin’s Blessed Sword.

Closed Thread