+ Reply to Thread
  1. Online
    No longer active
    Sep 2016
    At no point in this thread am I suggesting the tightening of the economy or making any current feature or activity less accessible, nor am I suggesting removing anybody's items like certain other commies have suggested before. Any suggested values are scenarios and examples, they are not to be taken at face value.

Currently gold (gp, regular gp), serves as dead weight, it's not very usable or very necessary in general. What most people do is accumulate gold through whatever means and then spend it on items and hoard those items and that's because money right now isn't very flexible or needed for the most part.

1. General Feedback and Advice:
    • Not sure why prayer pots cost money but super restores are free, maybe make these free as well?
    • Fossil Island Wyverns are missing from the eternal ring teleport. Pls add to teleport by type (ie: each type of Wyvern should have their own selection).
    • Stop changing coin drop values unless the content is broken/OP. By making any dramatic changes you are effectively harming either new players or current players. If you reduce coin drops then you are harming new players because they will not be able to afford items as quickly as current players thereby putting them at a disadvantage. Since economies, however small, take time to adjust, prices will remain higher than intended even after reducing coin drops due to outstanding gold in the game => new players are disadvantaged. By increasing coin drops you end up hurting current players due to sunk time.
    • New players should have increased coin drops for the first 24 hours of real gametime, not too much of an increase.
    • The skilling outfits make more sense to cost 1-2(?) bonds for all of them instead of 1:1.
    • Allow combination of easy, medium, hard and elite to master clues. Will give easy clues a purpose.

2. Remove Rare Shop
    • This is a suggestion to remove it as it currently works right now. I used to be a supporter of this method of a gold sink from the game but it has relatively large issue as it is now:
      1. It does not work long-term: Prices are fixed to shop values which then act as price ceilings on the items (ie: nobody will pay 900m street for an item they can purchase from the shop for 800m).
      2. As soon as there is an equilibrium in the game in the amount of rares out there then no more will be purchased from the shop as the prices on the street will always be lower than the shop.
      -> A combination of these makes the shop useless in the long-term and therefore an ineffective gold sink. As it currently stands now, the shop should be removed in its current form. This will be touched upon again in a later section.

3. Ring of Wealth Changes
    • Change charge 2 cost from vote tickets to gp.
      1. Reasoning: As noted by the vote shop, and voting in general, updates vote tickets are very volatile in terms of cost. Basically a fluctuation of 50m -> 250m -> 150m can be seen in terms of fully charging a wealth using vote tickets. or you pay a bond price which is more or less volatile as well.
      2. Solution: Replace charge 2 vote ticket cost to gp at a rate of 2% to 1m, which equals to 50m to fully charge the second option. Make the instance also skip GWD KC.

4. Boss Slayer Shop Overhaul
    • Bones to peaches should be a permanent unlock (1 time purchase for the ability to purchase using gp for the tablets). Nobody is going to use boss slayer points to use these.
    • Cancel task should cost a flat 10m cash, nothing else.
    • Move zamorak hasta here from regular slayer.
    • Add scroll to allow people to choose their next slayer task with boss points (1 time use per task selection).
    • Add scroll to allow people to extend their current boss task and double the point reward for completing it (increased base points online, not the consecutive point rewards) (1 time use per purchase with boss pts)
    • Add scroll that would increase raids target drop. For example, a scroll to increase the drop rate of 1 gear OR raid 2 gear (no stacking allowed, only one raid bonus active at a time [so no increased bonuses to raids 1 AND 2 at the same time].
    • Add ring of life to shop that could be traded in to skip death costs, which will be mentioned in the next section, "Death Costs." Let it be usable from the bank, should be rubbed to cancel death costs which will allow people to choose if they rather use a ring of life to skip costs or pay gp. IE: if they only died with hides, I don't think they'd want to use a ring of life. (1 time use per purchase with boss pts; break on use).

5. Death Costs
    • Add the death mechanic from RS3/742. It's coming to OSRS as well and has been mentioned in the DevBlog.
    • Make new players immune for 24 hours of gametime.
    • Make the boss slayer shop ring of life allow the skipping of this cost entirely.
    • Give gold members a 10% discount on cost. (Remove gold members keeping their items on death outside of the wild).

6. Staking Changes
    • Disable item staking.
    • Disable gp staking.
    • Allow only an untradable, something similar to platinum coins [could just make them untradable as they are right now, this wouldn't have an impact on anybody's experience), to be stakable.
    • Charge .50% per stake from each player in terms of platinum coins. So a 1m stake (2m total) would remove 20k gp from the game.
    • Exchange back and forth between gp and platinum coins should remain free to prevent any impact to any player who currently has platinum tokens.

7. Item Sink Shop
    • Add a shop where you can exchange "rare" items for points to be exchanged for powerful passives and items. Even unlocking the shop should have a cost, and then have 3 tiers within each version with each tier having to be unlocked and all rewards unlocked in each tier to progress forward. For example, you have to purchase an access to the shop (1 time cost), unlock tier 1 (1 time cost) and then purchase all rewards in the tier 1 shop before being able to unlock tier 2 (1 time cost).
    • Permanent passives are 1 time unlocks that work forever, other things have to repurchased.
      1. Access Cost [10 whips] -> provides access to shop
      2. Tier 1 Cost [10 barrow items] -> access tier 1
      3. Tier 2 Cost [5 zenyte items] -> access tier 2
      4. Tier 3 Cost [5 GWD items (no shards/blades/bandos boots/bucklers to unlock] -> access tier 3
    • Exchangeable items for points: this should be roughly anything with any decent values (whips, tents, dark bows, onyx items, real rares, corp drops, occult necklace, all raid items, all barrow items, all gwd items, main drops from Zulrah, zenyte items, visages/dfs/wards, ETC.)
    • Rewards:
      1. Tier 1:
      A. 25% reduction in ring of wealth costs (charge 1 and 2) [permanent passive]. So 750k per 2% for charge 2, reduction in slayer point cost for charge 1.
      B. 25% reduction in eternal ring charging [permanent passive].
      C. All dragonhide drops to be noted and banked free [permanent passive].
      D. Double bone drops from all monsters [permanent passive].
      E. Increase zulrah scale drops by 50% [permanent passive].
      F. Infinite run energy outside of wild [permanent passive].
      2. Tier 2:
      A. Automatic invisible 5-10 prayer bonus (slower prayer drain) [permanent passive].
      B. Item similar to Spring Cleaner from 742. Charges should cost points.
      C. Teleport cosmetic override (basically changing the teleport gfx for that person to a gfx of their choosing, like gnome tree pod teleport, etc).
      D. Allow free exchange of dragonhide to the highest craftable dhide bodies based on the player's crafting level. (Example, could exchange black dhides to black dhide bodies if you have the crafting level, blue to blue dhide bodies, etc) [permanent passive].
      3. Tier 3:
      A. New home for rares (phats, add h'ween, etc)
      B. 25% reduction cost for boss slayer shop rewards [permanent passive].
      C. Additional roll at raids rewards (must be repurchased each time per use with points).
      D. Improve crystal chest rewards (higher quality and higher quantity [ie: better ores, better bars, better logs, double d stones, slight increase % for 3rd age]) [permanent passive].
      E. Start Inferno at a later wave, stacks with gold mem. (must be repurchased each time per use with points).

8. Wilderness "Overhaul"
    • This is definitely not going to be popular or recommended or suggested or supported because it hasn't been tried really but it wouldn't hurt as the wild is dead anyway.
    • I'm not entirely familiar with the current reward system in pvp (if there are any statuette drops, or the kind of resources are dropped and at what rates).
    • Allows for minimum risk values and provides for real rewards for making real risks.
    • Would need checks and balances to make sure people don't abuse reward system.
    • Reward values and system would need relatively substantial amount of work to prevent abuse while also keeping it rewarding.
    • Make it so people lost all of their tradable items on death in the wild. When I say lose I mean the game deletes it from the game. So if someone kills me and I have an AGS that I didn't protect, the AGS gets deleted from the game. A "box" type item should drop instead:
      1. Worth plus or minus 10% of the expected loot values. So if I lost an AGS only, the "box" value should be around the value of an AGS so the pker who killed me can buy one from the shop if they choose => allows for wealth transformation. The other person doesn't have to purchase an AGS from the shop, they could buy other items. This would also create value for items that have an abundance in the game but with little purpose. For example, if I die with 10 onyxes in the game to someone, could use that to transform those onyxes into another item that is sellable or usable. This would also make killing people in trash gear worthwhile as well as whatever they drop could be saved up in terms of this "currency" for other items.
      2. Allow to "sacrifice" the box item to generate EP. So basically instead of claiming the loot, allow the box to be deleted to generate 10% (?) EP.
      -> By having to get actual kills you prevent people from splashing to farm EP.
      -> Sacrificing to build "up to" 50% EP (5? kills) will increase this consecutive blood money by 10%. So 50% EP, 6th kill would generate 50% bonus "blood money" in the box.
      -> 50% - 100% EP would drop statuettes as well per kill or the emblem to exchange for GP.
    • Untradeables should break on death to cash, the more untradeables the higher the break cost. For example, dying with 10 untradeables in inventory should cost more to fix than dying with 5.
    • Add incentives for traveling through the wild:
      1. KBD to always drop bones/hides noted.
      2. Free total KBD antifire protection? (just antifire, not his poison or freeze, etc).
      3. Higher % chance of elites in the wild from NPCs.
      4. % chance of master clues in wild from NPCs.
      5. Double resource generation?
      6. Brawler gloves from revenants or continue waiting on revenant update on OSRS?
      7. 5% more accuracy against corp
      8. Lava dragons drops are noted?

9. Wishing Well HiScores/Pet
    • Add wishing well to the hiscores based on total donated over the lifetime by a player.
    • Add a pet, bloodhound, penance queen? for the #1 on the hiscores in terms of overall donated.
    • Have the pet only remain with the person who is #1 on the hiscores at the end of the day. Basically, at the end of the day have the game grab who is currently #1 on the HS in terms of overall donations and have the pet be moved to that player. So there should be only one pet in the entire game and only person with the highest cumulative donations to the well can have the pet. Add next to the person's name on the hiscores how many days they have had the pet, doesn't have to be consecutive.
      Example:

1. Terror (69) - 500M
      -> 69 is the # of the days I have had the pet and the 500m is how much I have donated in cumulative value to the chest.
      -> If someone was at 450m so far and donates 60m then at the end of the day they should have 510m donated to the well and if I don't donate any more then the pet should move to the new player and look like this.
      1. Player X (1) - 510M
      2. Terror (69) - 500M

P.S. Spent a little bit too much time making this thread, so pls leave feedback.
  2. Offline
    Super Donator
    Oct 2016
    hmmm I don't think no one is going to stake if they take away items and gp
  3. Offline
    Super Donator
    Dec 2016
    staking changes and wilderness overhaul definitly not a good idea. everything else support.
  4. Online
    No longer active
    Sep 2016
    <
    Quote Originally Posted by xcapoh View Post
    hmmm I don't think no one is going to stake if they take away items and gp
    GP and platinum coins are the same thing. They're going to disable item staking on OSRS as well.
  5. Offline
    Simply the Best
    Jan 2017
    <
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror View Post
    8. Wilderness "Overhaul"
    • This is definitely not going to be popular or recommended or suggested or supported because it hasn't been tried really but it wouldn't hurt as the wild is dead anyway.
    • I'm not entirely familiar with the current reward system in pvp (if there are any statuette drops, or the kind of resources are dropped and at what rates).
    • Allows for minimum risk values and provides for real rewards for making real risks.
    • Would need checks and balances to make sure people don't abuse reward system.
    • Reward values and system would need relatively substantial amount of work to prevent abuse while also keeping it rewarding.
    • Make it so people lost all of their tradable items on death in the wild. When I say lose I mean the game deletes it from the game. So if someone kills me and I have an AGS that I didn't protect, the AGS gets deleted from the game. A "box" type item should drop instead:
      1. Worth plus or minus 10% of the expected loot values. So if I lost an AGS only, the "box" value should be around the value of an AGS so the pker who killed me can buy one from the shop if they choose => allows for wealth transformation. The other person doesn't have to purchase an AGS from the shop, they could buy other items. This would also create value for items that have an abundance in the game but with little purpose. For example, if I die with 10 onyxes in the game to someone, could use that to transform those onyxes into another item that is sellable or usable. This would also make killing people in trash gear worthwhile as well as whatever they drop could be saved up in terms of this "currency" for other items.
      2. Allow to "sacrifice" the box item to generate EP. So basically instead of claiming the loot, allow the box to be deleted to generate 10% (?) EP.
      -> By having to get actual kills you prevent people from splashing to farm EP.
      -> Sacrificing to build "up to" 50% EP (5? kills) will increase this consecutive blood money by 10%. So 50% EP, 6th kill would generate 50% bonus "blood money" in the box.
      -> 50% - 100% EP would drop statuettes as well per kill or the emblem to exchange for GP.
    • Untradeables should break on death to cash, the more untradeables the higher the break cost. For example, dying with 10 untradeables in inventory should cost more to fix than dying with 5.
    • Add incentives for traveling through the wild:
      2. Free total KBD antifire protection? (just antifire, not his poison or freeze, etc).
      3. Higher % chance of elites in the wild from NPCs.
      4. % chance of master clues in wild from NPCs.
      5. Double resource generation?
      6. Brawler gloves from revenants or continue waiting on revenant update on OSRS?
      7. 5% more accuracy against corp
      8. Lava dragons drops are noted?
    I don't like the idea of replacing drops with the shop system that you suggested. It would remove the joy from pking specific item and make it "too easy". I'm not saying that it would be bad idea, but I just don't personally like it.

I don't get why KBD should drop noted bones / hides while you can access it without pkers having chance to kill you. Remove the teleport inside the lesser cage and it would be reasonable.

If lava dragon drops are not noted, they should be. Anyways doubt that people would still touch them, if not in wildy task.
  6. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    <
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeik View Post
    I don't get why KBD should drop noted bones / hides while you can access it without pkers having chance to kill you. Remove the teleport inside the lesser cage and it would be reasonable.
    Agree with this

I don't see the point in removing rare store either. Terror, you mentioned about when there grows to be enough phats on the community market the shop would be unused - what about iron men with that long term goal of obtaining a party hat? It's a part of the game and a specific community enjoys it (the stakers). Incentive to stake keeps players.

Just like how boss/slayer updates keeps pvmers and wilderness keeps pkers (well at least it attempts to).
    I said what I meant and I meant what I said.
  7. Online
    No longer active
    Sep 2016
    <
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Agree with this

I don't see the point in removing rare store either. Terror, you mentioned about when there grows to be enough phats on the community market the shop would be unused - what about iron men with that long term goal of obtaining a party hat? It's a part of the game and a specific community enjoys it (the stakers). Incentive to stake keeps players.

Just like how boss/slayer updates keeps pvmers and wilderness keeps pkers (well at least it attempts to).
    ??

Literally says to reintroduce the rare shop in the item sink shop instead of a flat gp shop.

<
    I don't like the idea of replacing drops with the shop system that you suggested. It would remove the joy from pking specific item and make it "too easy". I'm not saying that it would be bad idea, but I just don't personally like it.
    <

If lava dragon drops are not noted, they should be. Anyways doubt that people would still touch them, if not in wildy task.

It says for the noted bones/hides if you travel through the wild to get there.
  8. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    <
    ??
    Literally says to reintroduce the rare shop in the item sink shop instead of a flat gp shop.
    I read it as "you have to exchange a rare in to unlock the shop", didn't realize that it could be unlocked with X amount of cost. My bad.
  9. Offline
    Simply the Best
    Jan 2017
    <
    It says for the noted bones/hides if you travel through the wild to get there.
    Says where?
  10. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    <
    Says where?

Add incentives for traveling through the wild:

But I don't think it should, regardless.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast