1. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    i understand raids is a team sport and the more people = more points = better drop chance. However, you can't always find a team so you're left to solo. A normal raid with 2 bosses you usually get 29k points which is a low drop rate potential. With the release of long raid i figured doing that solo would be a good boost to points. That is not the case. A short solo raid = 29k pts in roughly 15-20 mins a long raid = 36kpts in 25 mins that doesnt seem right seeing there is 2 extra bosses. I think a slight point buff is needed or it just aint worth soloing.

2. Offline
    Senior Moderator
    Oct 2016
    #
    I'm always under 15-16 mins in solo's, not using max gear/void. Solo is best rates in my opinion, duo's coming in 2nd usually 24k pts at end of a duo but 10-13min raid, if you got a decent partner.

3. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    i get that for max points as an individual but isn't a drop determined by overall points and then usually goes to the person with the highest percentage?

4. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fe Yahtz View Post
    i get that for max points as an individual but isn't a drop determined by overall points and then usually goes to the person with the highest percentage?
    Points do determine the percentage for how likely a unique will be dropped, and the more points you over your teammates the more likely the unique will go to you.

5. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    i figured but as an iron soloing is your best chance of getting a drop in your name and doing raid is fast and convenient but you only get 29k pts which is a low drop rate percentage... if you do a long raid you'd think it'd pay off but it doesnt make any sense how doing 2 more bosses and 1 extra demi boss room you only get 7k more points?

6. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Fe Yahtz View Post
    i figured but as an iron soloing is your best chance of getting a drop in your name and doing raid is fast and convenient but you only get 29k pts which is a low drop rate percentage... if you do a long raid you'd think it'd pay off but it doesnt make any sense how doing 2 more bosses and 1 extra demi boss room you only get 7k more points?
    Points increased based on total damage done, so two more bosses only actually add so much more potential for points. If anything I could replace long mode with a hard mode where everything has higher hitpoints, you'd probably see more points that way.

7. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    wouldnt that pretty much be the same as starting a raid with 2 people but soloing it? not that it matters for me anyways im 110 kc dry

8. Offline
    May 2017
    #
    Time balances out with points with all bosses except Vanguards. So if you did a long raid without vanguards and a short raid without vanguards it would be awarding you the same points per minute. Due to vanguards being annoying and healing up if you mess up and keep having to wait for their cycle changes etc you lose lots of time for being rewarded low points.

The only time long raids would be worth doing is when it gets turned into Jessie's suggestion being a Challenge mode awarding double points, but mistakes leading to death leaves you with no points. Be good, get rewarded for it

Closed Thread