1. State of Battlescape - June 2018.  - 06-28-2018 #1

1Donator
    Jun 2018
    #
    Before we start off..

1. Any 'valueable' item dropped when grinding since your first time log in is worthless. Example? I been training this new ironman account, let's Imagine It's a normal account and I achieved 85 slayer. Got a whip, wich should be a decent item. Nobody buys those, since they're completely worthless.

2. Barrows items are completely worthless since people have more of those than runes in their banks.

3. Every single GWD item is worthless. The 'main items' people use to actually do nice things in this game like boss or PK are not worth anything. All godwars items variate in price from 20-75m and that's legit nothing on this game.

4. Everybody hoards their banks, and nobody ever sells anything.

I explained this before..

It comes down to the point where we all have a loyal group of players that will always play this game since they've made nice progress. But If you would look at the bigger picture, people can't be asked to play this game not because of lack of content or whatever. They just don't like it since whatever you make on this game is worthless. Nobody PK's and if they do they come out with mystics and black dragonhide having over 15b banks.

A reset is needed in every single way. It's way more fun grinding all these new items that got released in the passed few months from a fresh account. People just like this new 'start' and puts them to grind out the game.

Who ever disagrees to this, doesn't see the bigger picture. Only thinks about their own items and stats.

Myself, I got a proper good main account almost maxed out with a few bill bank, I just don't play it anymore since It's boring and means nothing.

If you all want to have a nice summer with fresh players and a new fresh start where everyone is actually alching all their slayer drops and scream over a barrow set they obtained (wich is the most fun part of playing this game) you would agree to this 100%.

2. Offline
    1Donator
    Jun 2018
    #
    IDEA #2 @Palidino

Let me and a few friends (some people with a lot of influence of possible new players) open a new game with you as owner under a new name and concept. This game would still exist and have all the attention you guys want it to have.

The new game could be given a new name and website (I'll even pay for it) and It would be advertised and promoted (and ofcourse edited on how we think it should fit perfectly). I promise you 200+ on release and will take over the RSPS scene within weeks.

Would like to hear from you again.

3. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #

4. Offline
    Now that's one fine iron!
    May 2017
    #
    [ r e k t ]

5. Offline
    Senior Moderator
    Oct 2016
    #
    Would need a large amount of people to want to play the new server to have any lifting off progress. Not sure if someone has a clan, or large following or people who can join on day 1. If not, we'll be back to same thing in a few months. Although I have nothing against current eco, you play alot and put effort in you get alot. Also have to remember this a private server where it's kinda meant to be sped up and have an odd economy.

Yes it's very fun to have a fresh economy, but whoever wants to put in alot of effort will have alot more than others due to the speed of how rsps work. (look at dmm, people who spent 16 hrs/day training have barrows vs 5 hrs/day in d'hide) Also, promise 200+ on release? Where? You have a large following (and proof) to bring in? I'm not against it, just it'd have to be set up right with adverts, a date where people would be prepared to log in on that day, etc.

6. Offline
    1Donator
    Jun 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud View Post
    Would need a large amount of people to want to play the new server to have any lifting off progress. Not sure if someone has a clan, or large following or people who can join on day 1. If not, we'll be back to same thing in a few months. Although I have nothing against current eco, you play alot and put effort in you get alot. Also have to remember this a private server where it's kinda meant to be sped up and have an odd economy.

Yes it's very fun to have a fresh economy, but whoever wants to put in alot of effort will have alot more than others due to the speed of how rsps work. (look at dmm, people who spent 16 hrs/day training have barrows vs 5 hrs/day in d'hide) Also, promise 200+ on release? Where? You have a large following (and proof) to bring in? I'm not against it, just it'd have to be set up right with adverts, a date where people would be prepared to log in on that day, etc.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ3...5ihMIPunsgJqRQ
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAd...zmkDvyNz6DhNYw
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO-...ldbYHbcePw_leQ
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Reality...annel/featured
    https://www.youtube.com/user/ImDrainify

I'm a member of multiple single teams. We all have youtube channels to advertise any game (battlescape for sure). Contacts go from Wolves RS to frontline to Aryan and Foreign Forces to Solidtag and multiple other single teams.

I can reach over 5k subscribers that are RSPS related. Been here and done it before. We're in need of a game to play since all servers are boring and dead or have a uptime of 2 weeks.

If Palidino would only speak to me on discord or teamspeak for once, 10 minutes would even be enough.

7. Offline
    1Donator
    Jun 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by sharingan View Post
    Been in Team Execution back in 2011. Then went to Team Kala, left for Aryan 3 years ago and was in FF for a few months and now hanging out with the Gundrilla squad. We've been playing this game for over 10 years. I've never seen you around in any previous versions of this game, but I can assure you, I've played all the 500+ player versions this game had and brought more activity to any RSPS then you will ever do. We made OSRune pull 500+ on release 1 year ago, let 50 v 50 fights at magebank happen, and tons more. Don't come here and give me that cocky reply of my join date when you don't know anything at all.

8. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile761 View Post
    Been in Team Execution back in 2011. Then went to Team Kala, left for Aryan 3 years ago and was in FF for a few months and now hanging out with the Gundrilla squad. We've been playing this game for over 10 years. I've never seen you around in any previous versions of this game, but I can assure you, I've played all the 500+ player versions this game had and brought more activity to any RSPS then you will ever do. We made OSRune pull 500+ on release 1 year ago, let 50 v 50 fights at magebank happen, and tons more. Don't come here and give me that cocky reply of my join date when you don't know anything at all.
    Now go and write that on your CV.

9. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by sharingan View Post
    Now go and write that on your CV.
    Your replies are arrogant and quite frankly for someone who seems to want the server move forward, you should listen to him.

10. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptile761 View Post
    Before we start off..

1. Any 'valueable' item dropped when grinding since your first time log in is worthless. Example? I been training this new ironman account, let's Imagine It's a normal account and I achieved 85 slayer. Got a whip, wich should be a decent item. Nobody buys those, since they're completely worthless.

2. Barrows items are completely worthless since people have more of those than runes in their banks.

3. Every single GWD item is worthless. The 'main items' people use to actually do nice things in this game like boss or PK are not worth anything. All godwars items variate in price from 20-75m and that's legit nothing on this game.

4. Everybody hoards their banks, and nobody ever sells anything.

I explained this before..

It comes down to the point where we all have a loyal group of players that will always play this game since they've made nice progress. But If you would look at the bigger picture, people can't be asked to play this game not because of lack of content or whatever. They just don't like it since whatever you make on this game is worthless. Nobody PK's and if they do they come out with mystics and black dragonhide having over 15b banks.

A reset is needed in every single way. It's way more fun grinding all these new items that got released in the passed few months from a fresh account. People just like this new 'start' and puts them to grind out the game.

Who ever disagrees to this, doesn't see the bigger picture. Only thinks about their own items and stats.

Myself, I got a proper good main account almost maxed out with a few bill bank, I just don't play it anymore since It's boring and means nothing.

If you all want to have a nice summer with fresh players and a new fresh start where everyone is actually alching all their slayer drops and scream over a barrow set they obtained (wich is the most fun part of playing this game) you would agree to this 100%.
    With your first point, slayer items like whips have always intentionally been this way for normal mode. You're missing the bigger picture in the sense that the whip drop rate is a fraction of what it was on past BS servers that thrived while pulling in hundreds of players. Having items like whips rare generally does not work on an RSPS. If you don't believe me, just look at all the top servers above us and below us excluding just one (Alora). The same could likely be said about barrows items too.

This one I can somewhat agree with. GWD drop rates started out a bit higher than I ultimately settled on. I don't believe this is a good enough reason to reset the entire server, though.

People will always hoard and there isn't a lot I can do about it. The people hoarding there bank have also played long enough to have established a good enough bank to not need to sell every single item they don't specifically use.

On to your next point about 15b banks PKing in 100k gear, a reset won't change this. Someone scared to risk isn't going to be less scared to risk because they no longer have items. If anything, that player will no longer ever step foot in the wilderness because they'll be too busy rebuilding in safety outside of the wilderness.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast