Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    Wait.. You're serious. AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Your replies are arrogant and quite frankly for someone who seems to want the server move forward, you should listen to him.
    Although some of his points are fair and make sense, it becomes tiresome reading the same knee-jerk reasonsings given to support a reset over and over again. It is apparent that most people who actually play the server are strongly against a reset and the people who are campaigning for a reset are very few in number, don't even play normal mode or have very little wealth. Yes the game may need some changes but asking for a reset, even when the server is currently in a decent place and has been for the past year, is just too far. Most servers who do re-releases fail within a week: RuneWild, OSrune, Alotic, Lost Isle, LetsPk etc even when they gain 500 new players on release, for the reason that in the long haul no one can be bothered grinding out everything again, even if they do seem keen on doing that for the first few days. Overall, the arguments for a reset are far from compelling and should not warrant much attention.
    Last edited by sharingan; 06-29-2018 at 04:04 AM.

4. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by sharingan View Post
    Although some of his points are fair and make sense, it becomes tiresome reading the same knee-jerk reasonsings given to support a reset over and over again. It is apparent that most people who actually play the server are strongly against a reset and the people who are campaigning for a reset are very few in number, don't even play normal mode or have very little wealth. Yes the game may need some changes but asking for a reset, even when the server is currently in a decent place and has been for the past year, is just too far. Most servers who do re-releases fail within a week: RuneWild, OSrune, Alotic, Lost Isle, LetsPk etc even when they gain 500 new players on release, for the reason that in the long haul no one can be bothered grinding out everything again, even if they do seem keen on doing that for the first few days. Overall, the arguments for a reset are far from compelling and should not warrant much attention.

Point me in the direction of this decent economy you speak of? Normal mode might as well be spawn

5. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post

Point me in the direction of this decent economy you speak of? Normal mode might as well be spawn
    If that was the case, no one would be complaining about it being difficult to buy/sell items or about people who hoard items.

6. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    I didn't say agree, I said listen. It appeared as though you just wanted to reply instantly with some ignorant BS as though you hadn't even read what he had to say. His join date doesn't matter.

7. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    I didn't say agree, I said listen. It appeared as though you just wanted to reply instantly with some ignorant BS as though you hadn't even read what he had to say. His join date doesn't matter.
    It's the same thing being said everytime, suggesting a reset and ordering what needs to happen without providing a compelling justification for a possible economy reset. His join date signals that he doesn't even play the game, so why even entertain his thoughts over and above those who actually play the game? I understand that he may have good ideas which can be implemented but suggesting a complete reset whilst he probably does not even play the game is far-fetched.

8. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    It's the same thing being said everytime, suggesting a reset and ordering what needs to happen without providing a compelling justification for a possible economy reset. His join date signalled that he doesn't even play the game, so why even entertain his thoughts over and above those who actually play the game? I understand that he may have good ideas which can be implemented but suggesting a complete reset whilst he probably does not even play the game is far-fetched.
    I disagree with a reset entirely. And you know it's not about bank/levels because I don't play anymore (looking to come back though). I would grind through it again if I truly had to (if anything it would make me want to come back to pursue a max cape again). But it won't be good for the server at all.

However, I was strictly talking about how he has experience in the pk scene and therefore should at least know what he's talking about because he was active when the server was thriving. At least consider points on how to rebuild the server or direct or more towards pkers.

9. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    If that was the case, no one would be complaining about it being difficult to buy/sell items or about people who hoard items.
    It's not like it just became fashionable to hoard items.. People don't engage in trade because terrible economy. No one's gonna sit selling 500k whips for a month to be able to afford a bond.

10. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    It's not like it just became fashionable to hoard items.. People don't engage in trade because terrible economy. No one's gonna sit selling 500k whips for a month to be able to afford a bond.
    Adding to this, people need to remember that hoarding items isn't unheard of in the RSPS scene.

It's fucking RSPS, there's a plethora of items within such a small community.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast