1. Battlescape - What do I see?  - 06-11-2018 #1

Donator
    Apr 2017
    #
    What I've noticed playing Battlescape for the last year.

After playing this game I realised something that I would want to share with you guys. There's legit not a single game that has such a worked out way of playing a game like Battlescape currently has. For once Palidino has managed to complete out one of his versions of Battlescape. From almost all skills working, to multiple ways to train your skills, to new minigames and very up to date content he likes to code. I'm really surprised, good job on that Palidino!

What I've also noticed playing this version of Battlescape.

When this game got released, it got released as a PVP based game where you didn't really need to work hard to obtain any sort of item. When the game made more progress we all decided it was a better idea to move to a more Economy based server. Since not a lot of people have agreed on resetting the game when doing so, this has had it consequences. All the items that were obtained before(being very easy to obtain) still move around in the economy.

With this being said.. I have the oppinion that there's to many items in this economy for the amount of players we currently have. People do have bills and bills stacked in their banks, and other people hoard items without a reason. For new players who join, It's not very fun to make a 5-10m avarage money per hour doing slayer (whats supposed to be best moneymaker in game) and seeing all these people have amounts they will never have.

What am I trying to say here?

A lot of games are dying out, and we'll never make it back to the golden days where we pulled 2.000 players on weekends, but we could make the best of it. Os-Scape and others are dying out quick because of lack of content, and not a real challenge to play the game. Then other games gain more players, when those games barely have any good content. Battlescape is the best game out there, and I think we're all being very ignorant.

I think this game should NOT be reset, but a second Battlescape server should come online (Like a World 2). This game would be almost exactly the same as this one, but more attractive for people who want to do PVP. A fresh start, good barrows minigame rates and decent speed of slayer training would get people to get a good setup within the first few hours of playing the game.
    The content you have now, could insure people would stay for a longer period on a PVP based game, since people need things 'to do' to keep playing.

Myself and others could already start advertising this game-mode (It could be posted on multiple youtube channels throughout the single community) All Pkers know Battlescape, and a lot of us still think about how fun it was to play this back in the day.

I think we can still peak 300-400 daily, when you play the game correctly, and listen to what I have to say.

I hope to get in touch with @Palidino to maybe discuss some terms.

Thanks for reading!

The people I'm speaking about are the ones who insured a solid 550-600 people on release when Zonica released.
    Last edited by Cobra; 06-11-2018 at 03:28 PM.

2. Offline
    ∏ ∐ ∑ ╱╲╳¯
    Sep 2016
    #
    I've mentioned this to him and many other have as well, the problem is, he doesn't have enough players/funds to support a second world. It would most likely happen in the future for sure if things picked up.

3. Offline
    Super Donator
    Dec 2016
    #
    could be cool but i feel like the second world could be just as dead as the wilderness is now, because the current player base likes to pvm and make iron mans.. its a fantastic idea though ... if we had more players

4. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    I don't understand, you're asking for an easier BS server? Why not just suggest ways to make normal mode a little easier if you think it would encourage PKing?

5. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    Why not just use your human resources from youtube / that community of yours and make some kind of PKing events? Our main problem is that every pker who joins, either sees the empty wild and leaves or just afk's at bank for 8 hours to do a quick wildy run for 15 minutes. If we can manage to get a big chunk of pkers to join and fill wildy up, we'll be fine.
    No additional content will help with wildy numbers.

6. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphis View Post
    Why not just use your human resources from youtube / that community of yours and make some kind of PKing events? Our main problem is that every pker who joins, either sees the empty wild and leaves or just afk's at bank for 8 hours to do a quick wildy run for 15 minutes. If we can manage to get a big chunk of pkers to join and fill wildy up, we'll be fine.
    All those noobs need to login at the same time, to start wildy up.

7. Offline
    Donator
    Apr 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    I don't understand, you're asking for an easier BS server? Why not just suggest ways to make normal mode a little easier if you think it would encourage PKing?
    It's all about the fact that this server was build on a easy to play mode, and then changed to harder game mode. The items that are ingame now are hoarded by people. If I worked for 30 dollars/hour irl, and it would change to 10 after a certain period, people would not like to work anymore, and prices of items would go really low. I'm just saying, battlescape in my opinion is very stable coded, a new server (world 2) with some adjustments could be a really good game. Also the 'new release hype' these games have, makes people join. The rush of achieving certain items at the start is what people like. We all know having a few bill on battlescape isn't something 'special' while a few bill for a new player will take ages to obtain.

With the correct playstyle of adertising and listening to people about how the game should run, i think it could go a long way.

8. Offline
    Donator
    Apr 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphis View Post
    We don't need extra content. It's about the fact this economy is been fucked for a long time already. Me and other people don't enjoy gamed where certain items are 'rare' in our eyes, but are worthless in those who played it for 2 years. Like look.. A acb was obtained with BM when server got released, took you a few 10 minutes to get one doing things right. If you want a ACB now, it's option 1, buying(impossible). Or option 2, going sara GWD for 10 hours to get lucky to get one. I'm not saying that battlescape needs reset, I'm saying a new world with a fresh start should be opened.

9. Offline
    Nov 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by 12 MONKEYS View Post
    We don't need extra content. It's about the fact this economy is been fucked for a long time already. Me and other people don't enjoy gamed where certain items are 'rare' in our eyes, but are worthless in those who played it for 2 years. Like look.. A acb was obtained with BM when server got released, took you a few 10 minutes to get one doing things right. If you want a ACB now, it's option 1, buying(impossible). Or option 2, going sara GWD for 10 hours to get lucky to get one. I'm not saying that battlescape needs reset, I'm saying a new world with a fresh start should be opened.
    Shouldn't someone who has played for 2 years have a decently accumulated bank though? Even though the richest people in-game started much later than when the server first came out. I do agree with a fresh starting world (also kinda just me being competitive with fresh eco's), but alot of people don't want another split in the playerbase we have. Unless there was a large new following just ready to log in when the new world came out it would just fail most likely. I'd like to see an item sink of some kind tbh.

10. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by 12 MONKEYS View Post
    You saying that it's impossible to buy an acb just shows that you're too lazy to type in the cc for more than 20 minutes to buy one. And with our eco/player count, the extra 5m paid for it wont hurt you.

By saying this, I'm trying to understand your point of view, so dont think I'm just flaming you, but lets admit it, pkers are lazy as fuck. The more ambitious ones won't ever touch PvM content which is the main source of GP income. And since this isn't even close to a PvP based server, people like them won't make it here.
    So this brings me to what I said before - bring a chunk of pkers all at once, so they have something to do and they will survive and evolve starting with a water staff. Otherwise, you will be always forced to do a little bit of PvM to gain the w/e wealth you think is needed for pking.

Also, people should stop teaming up on this server if they want wildy to evolve. Even if it's with givebacks or complete rag gear, YOU NEED to show activity in the wildy to get new PKers interested.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast