Quote Originally Posted by 12 MONKEYS View Post
It's all about the fact that this server was build on a easy to play mode, and then changed to harder game mode. The items that are ingame now are hoarded by people. If I worked for 30 dollars/hour irl, and it would change to 10 after a certain period, people would not like to work anymore, and prices of items would go really low. I'm just saying, battlescape in my opinion is very stable coded, a new server (world 2) with some adjustments could be a really good game. Also the 'new release hype' these games have, makes people join. The rush of achieving certain items at the start is what people like. We all know having a few bill on battlescape isn't something 'special' while a few bill for a new player will take ages to obtain.

With the correct playstyle of adertising and listening to people about how the game should run, i think it could go a long way.
That's not completely true though. The Blood Money shop hasn't seen any major changes since release other than individual items being changed to a random item related to it, and drop rates have been pretty consistent. The only main difference is XP could be set without a penalty and most shop items were free. Those same free items were also removed in place of having a cost, and weren't alchable while they were free.