1. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    My account is 15 months old, with only 12 hours of played time and just the other day I asked myself why I stopped playing and I logged in to answer my own question with the same answer as before.

Right now:
    120 players online, 25 at edge bank, 5 at duel arena, 80 PvM'ing, and 10 people in the wilderness.

What happened to 2010 Battlescape?
    I remember 120 players online and at least half of them were at level 1 Edge smacking the S*** out of each other with Gravite 2h G maul pures (best 4 hit combo ever, promise), sometimes attempting to brid with the occasional range tank and tons of void PJers lmao.

What needs to be done to get people to actually pk? Better pvp rewards? economy/map reset? At this moment the server is said to be "centered around PvP" in Paladinos own words, but this is not the case. What do you think?

2. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    2010 BS? You know OSRS came out right?

3. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    I believe it just comes down to if you want to PK on RSPS in 2017-2018, you choose a PK server. Anything else and most people are basically choosing it specifically because they aren't big into PKing.

4. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    For the case of ' what happened ' to 2010 BattleScape; OSRS happened. The majority of people playing private servers back then was to relive the old days of PKing, when OSRS came out a lot of servers lost their player base, as for BattleScape in particular we have a reputation so to speak. Lots of resets. That usually scares the veterans from coming back. I doubt we will have that amount of player again, and we'll never 'Bring back' old servers as they do not exist anymore.

As for PKing as of now the rewards could definitely be tweaked, we heavily depend on player feedback and suggestions so if nobody suggests things they wont be changed. At the moment the current pkers have nobody else to fight unless they ask in the Home cc, or they hunt PvMers doing bosses or Revenants. We have events, but those are mostly player driven. The staff team rarely holds events with rewards that anyone would bother to join 'EI. like 200m cash for first place, 150 for second and 100 for third' its really a waste of their time for so little.

Again, we run off of player suggestions. If you have any suggestions of your own in terms of PKing (rewards etc) make sure you let us know.

5. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    2010 BS? You know OSRS came out right?
    OSRS? How are so many people content with the grindfest it is to obtain 99 range, mage str, hp, and quest a pure? (especially those that did it like me, and their account rots on rs3)? Am I just that lazy? I wouldn't mind playing OSRS but I work 50 to 60 hours a week and it would be impossible to get 99's anytime soon not mention forget about a zerker not doing all those quests again.

Maybe I am the only one that wants to oldschool pk without spending ages to get there, and also do it for a reward/risk rather than just to kill to say you are better than the other person.

We should Eco reset, and make all of the pking items vote rewards and pvp drops. That'll encourage both voting AND pking.
    Last edited by Dro; 03-21-2018 at 05:59 PM.

6. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dro View Post
    OSRS? How are so many people content with the grindfest it is to obtain 99 range, mage str, hp, and quest a pure? (especially those that did it like me, and their account rots on rs3)? Am I just that lazy? I wouldn't mind playing OSRS but I work 50 to 60 hours a week and it would be impossible to get 99's anytime soon not mention forget about a zerker not doing all those quests again.

Maybe I am the only one that wants to oldschool pk without spending ages to get there, and also do it for a reward/risk rather than just to kill to say you are better than the other person.

We should Eco reset, and make all of the pking items vote rewards and pvp drops. That'll encourage both voting AND pking.
    Eco reset throws away players. We've learnt that too many times to make that mistake again.

OSRS is the new epidemic, there is no point in pking on RSPS anymore unless it's a spawn server to practice on.

7. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #

"Eco reset". Then make the main PVP items easy to obtain. LOL

8. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    There should, and could be a point to pking besides practice. Maybe I need to make a server "actually" centered around pvp, where the reason to pk is REWARD/RISK such as making the good pking items ONLY obtainable through means of PKING or VOTING. Throw in a story line and custom maps with Elvarg base or something decent and it might go somewhere.

9. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    There should, and could be a point to pking besides practice. Maybe I need to make a server "actually" centered around pvp, where the reason to pk is REWARD/RISK such as making the good pking items ONLY obtainable through means of PKING or VOTING. Throw in a story line and custom maps with Elvarg base or something decent and it might go somewhere.
    "Voting". Your RSPS will be flooded with VPN voters lol

10. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by sharingan View Post
    "Voting". Your RSPS will be flooded with VPN voters lol
    Easy if you want it to be, I think it should take at least a week of voting to obtain a decent pk weapon, and the drop rates of statues to obtain said drops would be low..
    Last edited by Dro; 03-21-2018 at 05:29 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast