1. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphis View Post
    Please stay on topic, I want this suggestion to get implemented, not to start an argument about something that has nothing to with this and the thread getting closed because of it.
    My intention is to stay on topic and develop the conversation into different lanes as that can sometimes help Palidino choose what he wants to do.

Look at my thread on boss kc global shoutouts.... It started as a global shoutout suggestion and now we have actual hiscores for it.

I apologise if you feel like I'm trying to be argumentative and disagreeing, it's not my intention.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeik View Post
    Most of the reports would be like "Fix the combat system it's shit" and nothing specific. There would be too much bullshit coming from doors and the windows that the administrators wouldn't be able to determine which report to take seriously. In nutshell, it would waste their time.

Anyone who would be smart enough to give a good report in short terms could really use their "time" to write actual report on the forums.
    People who abuse the system to shitpost can be blocked from posting in that forum if that were to be the case.

2. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    It's not a case of moderators/senior moderators being untrustworthy.

Administrators have access to the Bug Report forum - but what can they do about it? It's like asking senior mods for name changes... Their attitude to this would be "what's the point". You may answer "so it can be monitored and found out who is abusing it". It's a good answer, but in practicality, it's not on their priority list. They do the job voluntarily and to go out of their way just to find specific users abusing a bug - it isn't a reality. This isn't my opinion, this is fact; backed up by my experience on the team.

I really do like the idea of a Report feature working in-game. Maybe even if the button, for now, links a user to the respective reporting forum (bug/player) as suggested by Zeik, above.

Edit:

There was a discussion that Tim initiated, for staff and potentially donators to be beta testers before an update comes out. It's not the worst idea in the world but there's some downsides like extra server hosting, stay on top of it, who would actually bug test it. A prime example I can think of as to why it's a waste of time though is: about 2 updates ago, there was absolutely 0 change log on Zulrah... next thing you see is 50 people running into Zulrah because it didn't attack back. Like gmaul bug in the most recent update. Yes there was a special attack bug with the gmaul because of changes to the special attack feature - but out of all the weapons to try, who would test the gmaul specifically to find it? Not only that, the update was to hit instead of pause animation when the special was meant to hit if the energy was low enough. If someone tested with dds and it worked the way it's intended to, they would think it's fine and just move on.
    And even then, finding the bug with the granite maul would have meant trying to spec without enough energy remaining, otherwise it would still work as expected.

3. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    It's not a case of moderators/senior moderators being untrustworthy.

Administrators have access to the Bug Report forum - but what can they do about it? It's like asking senior mods for name changes... Their attitude to this would be "what's the point". You may answer "so it can be monitored and found out who is abusing it". It's a good answer, but in practicality, it's not on their priority list. They do the job voluntarily and to go out of their way just to find specific users abusing a bug - it isn't a reality. This isn't my opinion, this is fact; backed up by my experience on the team.

I really do like the idea of a Report feature working in-game. Maybe even if the button, for now, links a user to the respective reporting forum (bug/player) as suggested by Zeik, above.

Edit:

There was a discussion that Tim initiated, for staff and potentially donators to be beta testers before an update comes out. It's not the worst idea in the world but there's some downsides like extra server hosting, stay on top of it, who would actually bug test it. A prime example I can think of as to why it's a waste of time though is: about 2 updates ago, there was absolutely 0 change log on Zulrah... next thing you see is 50 people running into Zulrah because it didn't attack back. Like gmaul bug in the most recent update. Yes there was a special attack bug with the gmaul because of changes to the special attack feature - but out of all the weapons to try, who would test the gmaul specifically to find it? Not only that, the update was to hit instead of pause animation when the special was meant to hit if the energy was low enough. If someone tested with dds and it worked the way it's intended to, they would think it's fine and just move on.
    About the extra testing server; It wouldn't really waste resources as it would be opened only before updating the main server. Same host could be used on different port. As the server is DEOB, it would be wise to atleast look what updates Jagex has done, to figure what could be broken. The betatest server could be tested with limited group of players that have actual knowledge how mechanics work. Maybe open it for few hours before the update.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12