1. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    I'm not sure I follow that last part. The time you have to kill the crystal is random and if you don't kill it on time, it should already go into the teleport phase.
    On Oldschool the Vasa Crystals all share the same 1 Global time which is 1 minute long.

Whenever Vasa starts moving from the center of the room towards the next crystal, the timer starts ticking. however whenever he is walking from the crystal towards the center of the room the timer is paused (because the next crystal to attack hasn't been decided yet). If the timer ever hits 0 then he walks to the center of the room then teleports you. Then when he starts walking to the next crystal the timer begins again.

I believe your Vasa uses a different timer on every single crystal and that timer resets each time you kill the crystal.

2. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by drizl32 View Post
    On Oldschool the Vasa Crystals all share the same 1 Global time which is 1 minute long.

Whenever Vasa starts moving from the center of the room towards the next crystal, the timer starts ticking. however whenever he is walking from the crystal towards the center of the room the timer is paused (because the next crystal to attack hasn't been decided yet). If the timer ever hits 0 then he walks to the center of the room then teleports you. Then when he starts walking to the next crystal the timer begins again.

I believe your Vasa uses a different timer on every single crystal and that timer resets each time you kill the crystal.
    So basically the only difference now is that the timer needs to start when vasa moves to the crystal not when he gets there, and then also always been 1 minute total time?

3. Offline
    Dec 2017
    #
    Wouldn't have thought the time to kill would be random, I'm pretty sure a second teleport phase is inevitable unless you're able to get Vasa down before the 2nd or 3rd crystal. So for instance on OSRS If you don't kill a crystal in-time Vasa will head back into the middle and do the teleport phase again. I'm honestly not sure the amount of time it takes.
    Last edited by Zhang Xiu; 01-23-2018 at 11:23 PM.

4. Offline
    Dec 2017
    #
    So basically the only difference now is that the timer needs to start when vasa moves to the crystal not when he gets there, and then also always been 1 minute total time?
    Example, Say if you finish killing the first crystal and it's taken you 25 seconds to kill it, when you reach the next crystal the timer would start at 25 seconds, now say it has taken you 55 seconds to kill the 2 crystal's, the 3rd crystals timer would start at 55 seconds giving you only 5 seconds before it moves back into the teleport phase. So that is spending 25 seconds on the first crystal, 30 seconds on the 2nd crystal and 5 seconds on the 3rd crystal making a total of 1 minute before moving back to teleport for example.

I'm almost 100% certain the timer doesn't start from 0 everytime, it picks up from where you have left off. Drizl might be able to explain it better than me i'm not a coder in any way I've just experienced the boss thats all
    Last edited by Zhang Xiu; 01-23-2018 at 11:27 PM.

5. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    No the timer keeps ticking even when he is standing next to the crystal. The only time the timer should stop ticking (pause) is when he is walking back to the center from a crystal or when he is doing his teleport attack every 60 seconds.

Also to elaborate on the teleport attack that he does when you initially enter the room/every 60 seconds:

• Teleports everybody inside the room (people who have passed the flames) to a random spot within the room, however only 1 person gets teleported to the center.
    • The person teleproted to the center is stunned (has a confused bird spinning over head emote) and they can't move or use any prayers until Vasa's damage hits them.
    • Everybody else that wasn't teleported to the center can move/pray still.
    • After he does his teleport, if you are within a 2 tile raidus of Vasa before his projectiles hits the floor & you have protect from magic on, it will divide the damage by that number of people that did so. If 10 people run to center with mage protect on then the damage to the 1 chosen person is /10.
    • Usually it scales the amount of people teleported to the middle but honestly its only ever 3 max in a big raid (20+ people)

In a practical sense these are the scenarios of how the teleport mechanic is used in Oldschool by players to minimilise damage:

• When people first go to Vasa only 1 person usually enters the room. This person is the one with the lowest hitpoints. Reason for this is that you can minimilise the damage he takes if he has less HP.
    • Vasa teleports the 1 person in the room to the center, then everybody else runs in the room with mage protect on to the center. This is to divide the damage he will deal to that teleported person.
    • Same tactic is then applied at any later teleports

Here is a vid of all the mechanics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qqnFxFVZ54
    Last edited by drizl32; 01-24-2018 at 04:58 AM.

6. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    - Revitalisation pots dont give prayer points like they should
    - OVL cant be made
    - Storage doesnt work - only opens interface
    - Tekton is unable to be hit when it walks back to anvil - you should be able to hit him until he starts hammering the anvil.
    - Pots from boss room drops cant be picked up
    - Have to re-log to stop raid when completed
    - Raids only supplies such as seeds and secondary's should appear instantly to everyone when dropped by someone.
    - Mutadiles should drop full potions, just like Tekton does
    - This pool should give a run energy refill
    - Shaman aggro range should be a lot bigger
    - Shaman poison splats should have a bigger range
    - Reward points should be based on points gotten during raid, currently it says every player has same chance when it should be a higher chance on drop when having more points

- Completing a raid should refill all drained stats/hp/pray etc
    Which boss pots can't be picked up? I just tested Vasa and was able to pick up the pots.

7. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Which boss pots can't be picked up? I just tested Vasa and was able to pick up the pots.
    Tekton is what I can recall dropping pots but unable to be picked up

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12