1. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobkid44 View Post
    Ouch... You're really going to lie and say the server in 2015 didn't have 100s of players? Such a shame

Truth is the admins of the server just aren't any good at pking. They like pvming and skilling so they're in the owners ear telling them that everyone wants a skilling server! Meanwhile, the "742!" that Alex was referring to had 10 players for the however many months (6+, dragged it out because all of the staff slaved it) they had it up.

People want to play BS for the namesake. The excuse that people play spawn servers instead of battlescape is rubbish. People just don't want to slave for 16k hours.

(TRIGGER WARNING FOR THE NERDY SKILLING STAFF) If Pali actually made a thread of what the old pkers wanted (triggered yet skillers?), I'm sure it would be understood that we want easy everything but hard enough that pking good items meant something. Obviously we used to have to slave for stuff because we were 14-18, but now we are adults. If it was known 3 weeks prior that the same-ish BS was coming back there would be a lot of excitement. Obviously for not, seeing as it seems Pali doesn't like pking servers anyway, but still
    You're correct with the admins not preferring the pvp content, but Palidino actually listen's to the community. Create feedback threads what you'd like to be changed.

Never seen you at wilderness, do you even play the game?

2. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Ouch... You're really going to lie and say the server in 2015 didn't have 100s of players? Such a shame

Truth is the admins of the server just aren't any good at pking. They like pvming and skilling so they're in the owners ear telling them that everyone wants a skilling server! Meanwhile, the "742!" that Alex was referring to had 10 players for the however many months (6+, dragged it out because all of the staff slaved it) they had it up.

People want to play BS for the namesake. The excuse that people play spawn servers instead of battlescape is rubbish. People just don't want to slave for 16k hours.

(TRIGGER WARNING FOR THE NERDY SKILLING STAFF) If Pali actually made a thread of what the old pkers wanted (triggered yet skillers?), I'm sure it would be understood that we want easy everything but hard enough that pking good items meant something. Obviously we used to have to slave for stuff because we were 14-18, but now we are adults. If it was known 3 weeks prior that the same-ish BS was coming back there would be a lot of excitement. Obviously for not, seeing as it seems Pali doesn't like pking servers anyway, but still
    Pretty sure that "we" are not the only ones triggered

3. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeik View Post
    You're correct with the admins not preferring the pvp content, but Palidino actually listen's to the community. Create feedback threads what you'd like to be changed.

His account is just made today, probably to scared to post on his main

4. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran

Are you referring to this, that pretty much died very fast?

5. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #

Interesting theory, however, I cannot validate this as I quit in 2010. But if that is the case, we are truly missing out because BS was a gem back then for pking. The community and clan activity with high level pking at MB was just top!

Although we are mostly all in adult age who played BS back then haha and it does affect the amount of time you can spend on a game to be fair, although I seen Dawntained RSPS have nailed it with Pking scene and the thrill of pking good items is there. But I feel Pali can achieve a great PK server like he has done in the past, no doubt. It would be a matter of advertising the server as a renewed RSPS which yes it was cause alot of excitement. That is if he would even consider doing this...but I am not getting into any of this because it isn't my server. Haha

6. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #

I do not, nor does any of the clan pkers he used to have (unless they've transitioned into staff)

Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    Are you referring to this, that pretty much died very fast?
    Actually, no. I'm referring to this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoQ36VfRBIw

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie V1 View Post
    Interesting theory, however, I cannot validate this as I quit in 2010. But if that is the case, we are truly missing out because BS was a gem back then for pking. The community and clan activity with high level pking at MB was just top!

Although we are mostly all in adult age who played BS back then haha and it does affect the amount of time you can spend on a game to be fair, although I seen Dawntained RSPS have nailed it with Pking scene and the thrill of pking good items is there. But I feel Pali can achieve a great PK server like he has done in the past, no doubt. It would be a matter of advertising the server as a renewed RSPS which yes it was cause alot of excitement. That is if he would even consider doing this...but I am not getting into any of this because it isn't my server. Haha
    Gave up on the nostalgia after the video I linked above. I realized the direction the server is headed towards and I can't be mad at that lol. In a perfect world we have the same 2 world system with just an easier eco but instead we get what we have had the last few times it's come back. Not worth having hope anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    His account is just made today, probably to scared to post on his main
    Nice observation, genius
    Last edited by Noobkid44; 01-24-2018 at 02:52 AM.

7. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    *delete*

8. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    I do not, nor does any of the clan pkers he used to have (unless they've transitioned into staff)

Actually, no. I'm referring to this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoQ36VfRBIw

Gave up on the nostalgia after the video I linked above. I realized the direction the server is headed towards and I can't be mad at that lol. In a perfect world we have the same 2 world system with just an easier eco but instead we get what we have had the last few times it's come back. Not worth having hope anymore

Nice observation, genius
    You're referring to completely different generation. Times change, people change.

9. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    You're referring to completely different generation. Times change, people change.
    +1

It is completely different, some people hold on the past sometimes too much. Everyone who played old BS will want a nostalgic dump now and again. Haha

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123