1. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithed View Post
    God talk about a OG server
    Another video of mine although not as good as the Team Haggis. But still a OS video. Wish the server was like this still, but I don't think it is wanted as the player base has changed? Correct me if I'm wrong?
    Last edited by Ollie V1; 01-12-2018 at 06:29 AM.

2. Offline
    Super Donator
    May 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie V1 View Post
    Another video of mine although not as good as the Team Haggis. But still a OS video. Wish the server was like this still, but I don't think it is wanted as the player base has changed? Correct me if I'm wrong?
    Well the server now favors more of the PVM players, and personally i don't like the graphics and movement animations of that style, but i wouldn't mind have a option for both graphic sets. I would say the player base now-a-days probably like the direction the server is taking, i like both so im satisfied either way.

3. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Now a days PKing is mostly dead unless you're specifically a PK spawn server. Even some of the larger servers that are economy don't pull the wilderness numbers that we used to with the same number of players. It's basically you either spawn PK on RSPS or you focus on PvM in eco. There are just too many spawn servers with a lot of players to take an eco server serious for PKing.

4. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    Now a days PKing is mostly dead unless you're specifically a PK spawn server. Even some of the larger servers that are economy don't pull the wilderness numbers that we used to with the same number of players. It's basically you either spawn PK on RSPS or you focus on PvM in eco. There are just too many spawn servers with a lot of players to take an eco server serious for PKing.
    Lies, those PK servers use PK bots, they probably have same amount of pkers as we do + their bots.

5. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    I understand in a way how it is dead, but like it was such a huge aspects of private servers. One of the main reasons privates came about was because of the wilderness being removed from RS07. I guess it makes sense on how you can't have the best of both...but still BS was the best PK server that replicated RS the best back when I used to play.

Times have changed!

Have you ever thought of releasing the old version, for a separate PK server? Or is there no appeal for that at all?
    Last edited by Ollie V1; 01-15-2018 at 07:19 AM.

6. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    I understand in a way how it is dead, but like it was such a huge aspects of private servers. One of the main reasons privates came about was because of the wilderness being removed from RS07. I guess it makes sense on how you can't have the best of both...but still BS was the best PK server that replicated RS the best back when I used to play.

Times have changed!

Have you ever thought of releasing the old version, for a separate PK server? Or is there no appeal for that at all?
    Palidino had old server open between 2013-2015, no one joined so he ended up making a 742 loading Oldschool. I don't think he has it anymore other than the 742.

7. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Palidino had old server open between 2013-2015, no one joined so he ended up making a 742 loading Oldschool. I don't think he has it anymore other than the 742.
    Didn't realize he opened one up, thanks for clarifying that. Must be a different player base now wanting different things.

8. Offline
    Dec 2016
    #
    Good old days

9. Offline
    Nov 2016
    #
    was fun

10. Offline
    Jan 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Ouch... You're really going to lie and say the server in 2015 didn't have 100s of players? Such a shame

Times have changed!

Truth is the admins of the server just aren't any good at pking. They like pvming and skilling so they're in the owners ear telling them that everyone wants a skilling server! Meanwhile, the "742!" that Alex was referring to had 10 players for the however many months (6+, dragged it out because all of the staff slaved it) they had it up.

People want to play BS for the namesake. The excuse that people play spawn servers instead of battlescape is rubbish. People just don't want to slave for 16k hours.

(TRIGGER WARNING FOR THE NERDY SKILLING STAFF) If Pali actually made a thread of what the old pkers wanted (triggered yet skillers?), I'm sure it would be understood that we want easy everything but hard enough that pking good items meant something. Obviously we used to have to slave for stuff because we were 14-18, but now we are adults. If it was known 3 weeks prior that the same-ish BS was coming back there would be a lot of excitement. Obviously for not, seeing as it seems Pali doesn't like pking servers anyway, but still
    Last edited by Noobkid44; 01-17-2018 at 05:31 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast