1. @Palidino Pre eoc content idea, discuss.  - 11-04-2017 #1

Donator
    Oct 2017
    #
    There's been talks about how to revive normal mode and this server in general. I have an idea that i think would work well.

Seeing as 07 has been out for a long time, most people have maxed 07 accounts by now. This means there's no reason for people to play an 07 based private server. Besides, 07 is not nostalgic anymore like it used to be.
    To me, pre eoc is what's nostalgic. It's been many years since pre eoc was at its peak. I'd love to see some pre eoc content. The ideas i come up with will make it so no items are overpowered compared to the current 07 items.

Glacors and their boots. Add glacors with same slay req as cerberus, and only killable on task.
    Steadfasts would have the same stats as primordials, and have to be used to d boots to be made into a full, wearable boot
    Glavien boots would have same stats as pegasians, and would require ranger boots to be made into a full, wearable boot
    Ragefire boots would have the same stats as eternal boots, and would require infinity boots to made into a full, wearable boot.

Ice strykeworms, only killable on task, same task length as dragons, drops staff of light
    Staff of light gives same stats as staff of the dead, but can not have a magic fang attached to it, essentially making it worse than tsotd.

DUngeoneering and chaotics for pvm only?
    Chatotic rapier would have same stats as abyssal bludgeon
    CHaotic maul would have same stats as elder maul
    CHaotic staff would have same magic bonus as toxic staff of the dead
    Chaotic crossbow would have same stats as armadyl crossbow
    CHaotic longsword, idk, dead content
    Arcane stream necklace would be same stats as occult necklace, maybe slightly better

Korasi to chaos ele drop table

Revenant cave with revenants and their full drops (including corrupt and weapons).

Dagon'hai armour and the cave in lvl 5 edge wild or whatever it was

Tormented demons with dragon claws?

The elder third age mage robes from master clues

Auras?

Cant think of more stuff atm, but please feel free to suggest tweaks or more stuff

Edit1:

Polypore and ganodermic, pvm only?

Potion flasks, pvm only?

NO SUMMONING THO

Overloads pvm only

Nex?

Handcannon?

Saradomin amulets?
    Last edited by Sexual; 11-04-2017 at 05:14 AM.

2. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    There's new content coming to 07 all the time. I'm a big hater of pre-eoc content, so no support

3. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeik View Post
    There's new content coming to 07 all the time. I'm a big hater of pre-eoc content, so no support
    You disagree with every single item? Why do you not want extra content if they're going to be the same stats as your 07 equivelents? I'm not suggesting to replace 07 items with pre eoc

4. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    I disagree on the whole NON-07 content thing sorry. This server revision is focused on being as 1:1 with the real game as possible. Don't really see the point of 'cosmetic weapons' either, will only confuse people. If it were for me none of these would be added sorry.

5. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I disagree on the whole NON-07 content thing sorry. This server revision is focused on being as 1:1 with the real game as possible. Don't really see the point of 'cosmetic weapons' either, will only confuse people. If it were for me none of these would be added sorry.
    Yeah and to me, the whole 1:1 with 07 doesnt really seem to work. We're at 20 players on a saturday morning, yesterday we peaked 65 or 70 on a friday night, and the numbers just keep getting lower, which is why a change, in my head, might get us more players, and if it doesnt, then it's just gonna be the same as now, slowly losing players.

6. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    I like pre-eoc content, but I think we need to hold on this, because of the wilderness update on osrs. I want to see if the update brings us players, if not, we can start thinking about this content.

7. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape View Post
    You disagree with every single item? Why do you not want extra content if they're going to be the same stats as your 07 equivelents? I'm not suggesting to replace 07 items with pre eoc
    It's about ruining the idea of the server. Battlescape wouldn't be oldschool server anymore.

Yeah and to me, the whole 1:1 with 07 doesnt really seem to work. We're at 20 players on a saturday morning, yesterday we peaked 65 or 70 on a friday night, and the numbers just keep getting lower, which is why a change, in my head, might get us more players, and if it doesnt, then it's just gonna be the same as now, slowly losing players.
    Don't think PRE-EOC content would increase player count at all, most likely it would just downcrase. The playercount has nothing to do with the ingame content in my opinion. The problem is on the toplists, we are #14 on Runelocus. For such low position in the toplists the player count is quite big.
    Nowadays every single server bots their votes up on the toplists and Battlescape doesn't seem to be doing so.
    Last edited by Banned 42; 11-04-2017 at 05:46 AM.

8. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphis View Post
    I like pre-eoc content, but I think we need to hold on this, because of the wilderness update on osrs. I want to see if the update brings us players, if not, we can start thinking about this content.
    I can agree with this, tho i dont think the wilderness update will do much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeik View Post
    It's about ruining the idea of the server. Battlescape wouldn't be oldschool server anymore.

Don't think PRE-EOC content would increase player count at all, most likely it would just downcrase. The playercount has nothing to do with the ingame content in my opinion. The problem is on the toplists, we are #14 on Runelocus. For such low position in the toplists the player count is quite big.
    Nowadays every single server bots their votes up on the toplists and Battlescape doesn't seem to be doing so.
    How can it decrease the player count? More content wont make people quit, besides, the player count can only decrease by so much before it has no players left. We would be higher on the toplists if we stood out, something we dont.

9. Offline
    Banned
    Jan 2017
    #
    I can agree with this, tho i dont think the wilderness update will do much of a difference.

How can it decrease the player count? More content wont make people quit, besides, the player count can only decrease by so much before it has no players left. We would be higher on the toplists if we stood out, something we dont.
    New content can make people quit if it's bad content. If you look at the history of Runescape, you can read it from the statistics.

10. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Yes player count seems higher since some people just idle at home, after an update they are all logged off. Most mornings we hit like 40-50 maybe, evenings boast more.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast