1. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    As Palidino stated several times on why Pre-eoc will not work on here.

- Models of NPCs and Items do not fit in an OSRS Deob Cache, if he loads an item, the item is going to be the size of Jad or bigger.
    - There is no program that fixes that yet since only a select servers use an actual OSRS Client.
    - This is not a custom 317 server where you can throw random shit that does not exist in OSRS.
    - Majority of the items are the same as on OSRS, just different models but same use.
    - We don’t need untradable paradise with Chaotics.
    - Palidino is not going to go back to a 317/377 Client.
    Soooooooooooo no chance of growth? Assuming he's gonna keep going on the path he's on

2. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape View Post
    Battlescape is one of the most known servers out there. The reason noone is here, as stated 10 times before, is because we're basically 07. Every1 has 07 accounts. if they want to play 07, they'll play 07, not battlescape. And we havent peaked 100 players since release of hard mode which is 1 month ago almost.

i Could ask you the same question tho, please explain to me how you expect BS to grow by not changing a god damn thing? we havent done anything but lose players since release, so unless something changes around here, that's what's gonna keep happening.
    People play BS and RsPs in general because it is an easier version of the game. You still have not answered my questions though. Whilst my stance may not necessarily ensure the growth of this server, it sure won't completely kill the game which would 100% happen if your suggestions were implemented, for the reasons I stated in my previous post.

3. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Money View Post
    People play BS and RsPs in general because it is an easier version of the game. You still have not answered my questions though. Whilst my stance may not necessarily ensure the growth of this server, it sure won't completely kill the game which would 100% happen if your suggestions were implemented, for the reasons I stated in my previous post.
    Being able to forsee the future is pretty neat. Cool that you can tell, with 100% certainty, that adding pre eoc will KILL the game ENTIRELY. Keeping on this path will also KILL the game ENITRELY, because every day the player count falls.

4. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Being able to forsee the future is pretty neat. Cool that you can tell, with 100% certainty, that adding pre eoc will KILL the game ENTIRELY. Keeping on this path will also KILL the game ENITRELY, because every day the player count falls.
    Did you even read my first post?

5. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    There's been talks about how to revive normal mode and this server in general. I have an idea that i think would work well.

Seeing as 07 has been out for a long time, most people have maxed 07 accounts by now. This means there's no reason for people to play an 07 based private server. Besides, 07 is not nostalgic anymore like it used to be.
    To me, pre eoc is what's nostalgic. It's been many years since pre eoc was at its peak. I'd love to see some pre eoc content. The ideas i come up with will make it so no items are overpowered compared to the current 07 items.

Glacors and their boots. Add glacors with same slay req as cerberus, and only killable on task.
    Steadfasts would have the same stats as primordials, and have to be used to d boots to be made into a full, wearable boot
    Glavien boots would have same stats as pegasians, and would require ranger boots to be made into a full, wearable boot
    Ragefire boots would have the same stats as eternal boots, and would require infinity boots to made into a full, wearable boot.

Ice strykeworms, only killable on task, same task length as dragons, drops staff of light
    Staff of light gives same stats as staff of the dead, but can not have a magic fang attached to it, essentially making it worse than tsotd.

DUngeoneering and chaotics for pvm only?
    Chatotic rapier would have same stats as abyssal bludgeon
    CHaotic maul would have same stats as elder maul
    CHaotic staff would have same magic bonus as toxic staff of the dead
    Chaotic crossbow would have same stats as armadyl crossbow
    CHaotic longsword, idk, dead content
    Arcane stream necklace would be same stats as occult necklace, maybe slightly better

Korasi to chaos ele drop table

Revenant cave with revenants and their full drops (including corrupt and weapons).

Dagon'hai armour and the cave in lvl 5 edge wild or whatever it was

Tormented demons with dragon claws?

The elder third age mage robes from master clues

Auras?

Cant think of more stuff atm, but please feel free to suggest tweaks or more stuff

Edit1:

Polypore and ganodermic, pvm only?

Potion flasks, pvm only?

NO SUMMONING THO

Overloads pvm only

Nex?

Handcannon?

Saradomin amulets?
    So just to preface this reply: a big reason the owner of this server does not add custom items is because he's not that familiar with making clients edits to the OSRS client, which isn't really a great excuse but it's one that's been given a couple of times.

Anyways:

You suggested glacors and their boot drops... you realize that the boots cerb drops are the same boots with a different name, right?

You suggested staff of light being added... you realize the staff of the dead is the same item but with a different name, right?

You suggested arcane stream necklace, and chaotic maul/staff/c'bow... you realize occult necklace, elder maul/staff and armadyl c'bow are essentially the alternatives of those items, right? The other stuff like rapier and longsword didn't get added to OSRS because they weren't balanced weapons.

You listed handcannon... you realize ballista is like an alternative version of that item, right?

Are you beginning to see a pattern yet?

Rest of the stuff you listed, e.g korasi - was balanced terribly and was overpowered during pre-eoc... and probably why it hasn't been added OSRS.

tl;dr The sooner normal mode is reset, the better for the health of the mode

6. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by mr white View Post
    So just to preface this reply: a big reason the owner of this server does not add custom items is because he's not that familiar with making clients edits to the OSRS client, which isn't really a great excuse but it's one that's been given a couple of times.

Anyways:

You suggested glacors and their boot drops... you realize that the boots cerb drops are the same boots with a different name, right?

You suggested staff of light being added... you realize the staff of the dead is the same item but with a different name, right?

You suggested arcane stream necklace, and chaotic maul/staff/c'bow... you realize occult necklace, elder maul/staff and armadyl c'bow are essentially the alternatives of those items, right? The other stuff like rapier and longsword didn't get added to OSRS because they weren't balanced weapons.

You listed handcannon... you realize ballista is like an alternative version of that item, right?

Are you beginning to see a pattern yet?

Rest of the stuff you listed, e.g korasi - was balanced terribly and was overpowered during pre-eoc... and probably why it hasn't been added OSRS.

tl;dr The sooner normal mode is reset, the better for the health of the mode
    Which is exactly my point? To add more content without adding different items with different stats?

7. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    There's literally no point in having a feedback and suggestion thread at this point

8. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Which is exactly my point? To add more content without adding different items with different stats?
    Most of the items that are the OSRS variant of the pre-eoc item have the same exact bonuses and the same requirements to wield.

If you add the same exact item with a different name, and the stats of the new items are changed to be higher than what's currently available, that will make them the new BiS (best in slot) items, and nobody will use the old items.

Conversely, if you do the opposite and add them with lowered stats, the BiS items won't change and the addition of the new items will be meaningless because people will continue to use the BiS items.

9. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    As Palidino stated several times on why Pre-eoc will not work on here.

- Models of NPCs and Items do not fit in an OSRS Deob Cache, if he loads an item, the item is going to be the size of Jad or bigger.
    - There is no program that fixes that yet since only a select servers use an actual OSRS Client.
    - This is not a custom 317 server where you can throw random shit that does not exist in OSRS.
    - Majority of the items are the same as on OSRS, just different models but same use.
    - We don’t need untradable paradise with Chaotics.
    - Palidino is not going to go back to a 317/377 Client.
    You forgot to tick the close thread box when posting this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123