1. PvP related item reset  - 10-27-2017 #1

Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    So every now and then a guy shows up asking for a full, economy or whatever reset with his opinions why.. Here is my suggestion.
    What if we would reset/delete all the items that are used in PvP combat? Main focus is on AGS, maybe BGS, all barrows items (with the condition that they would be harder to get after the reset), SOTD, etc. This would affect only normal mode players.

Some points I would like to address few points:

-I'm pretty sure that 99% of the players wouldn't cry over if they would lose X amount of AGS', because even if they had like 20 godswords, they most likely also would have a few billion in cash and a few elys.
    Unless we're talking about a few people who just started and got their first barrows sets, we wouldn't risk any player loss after this reset. Stakers would keep their bank, which usually consists of cash piles, elysians, bonds, etc. and those things would stay in their banks. Also, this wouldn't affect skillers/pvm'ers.
    My only concern is towards newer players, the ones who have just gotten their first set of bandos or whatever. I'm almost certain that most of normal mode PvM'ers wouldn't really mind losing a few sets of bandos.

-This would pretty much just give people get back to PKing, because now you neither risk anything, nor gain anything. Pkers either are annoying the hell out of pvmers or they're doing dh/pure fights with no risk. The reset would give the items value and with that - pking (pker vs pker) would be more exciting and rewarding.

-This would really work well together with the upcoming OSRS update (http://services.runescape.com/m=news...249.1500311833) and also we wouldn't risk losing players as much as we would with a full reset/economy reset. Also, we wouldn't need to continue making PvM'ers/skillers the slaves of wilderness, because so far the efforts of trying to make pking more active by sacrificing the rest of the people haven't been successful.

Also, I'm too lazy to think of all the items that would be deleted, but if the majority of people like this idea - we can think of them later.

This is just an idea, would love to hear what you have to say about this. Additional changes to the suggestion are welcome.
    Last edited by Amorphis; 10-27-2017 at 11:32 AM.

2. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphis View Post
    So every now and then a guy shows up asking for a full, economy or whatever reset with his opinions why.. Here is my suggestion.
    What if we would reset/delete all the items that are used in PvP combat? Main focus is on AGS, maybe BGS, all barrows items (with the condition that they would be harder to get after the reset), SOTD, etc. This would affect only normal mode players.

Some points I would like to address few points:

-I'm pretty sure that 99% of the players wouldn't cry over if they would lose X amount of AGS', because even if they had like 20 godswords, they most likely also would have a few billion in cash and a few elys.
    Unless we're talking about a few people who just started and got their first barrows sets, we wouldn't risk any player loss after this reset. Stakers would keep their bank, which usually consists of cash piles, elysians, bonds, etc. and those things would stay in their banks. Also, this wouldn't affect skillers/pvm'ers.
    My only concern is towards newer players, the ones who have just gotten their first set of bandos or whatever. I'm almost certain that most of normal mode PvM'ers wouldn't really mind losing a few sets of bandos.

-This would pretty much just give people get back to PKing, because now you neither risk anything, nor gain anything. Pkers either are annoying the hell out of pvmers or they're doing dh/pure fights with no risk. The reset would give the items value and with that - pking (pker vs pker) would be more exciting and rewarding.

-This would really work well together with the upcoming OSRS update (http://services.runescape.com/m=news...249.1500311833) and also we wouldn't risk losing players as much as we would with a full reset/economy reset. Also, we wouldn't need to continue making PvM'ers/skillers the slaves of wilderness, because so far the efforts of trying to make pking more active by sacrificing the rest of the people haven't been successful.

Also, I'm too lazy to think of all the items that would be deleted, but if the majority of people like this idea - we can think of them later.

This is just an idea, would love to hear what you have to say about this. Additional changes to the suggestion are welcome.
    Like you always break down my suggestions with nonsense I will do the exact same but with actual braincells used.

So you want to reset only barrows and godswords and PK related things? Everything is PK related except for twisted bow. If you reset godswords and barrows only with the current economy of the coins that are ingame prices of a barrows piece would be 100m. I'm just saying that not only ITEMS are a downfall in this eco, so are coins. Where will you cross the line on 'items used for pking' btw?

3. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    I agree on items like Godwars items, Dragonfire shields, all barrows items, whips, dbows, Gmauls, Furies, all boots, and coins.

Nerf all drop rates but not as hard as hardcore.

Not sure about Raid items, would say maybe to them when raids come out, then reset those items.

4. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by what is this View Post
    Like you always break down my suggestions with nonsense I will do the exact same but with actual braincells used.

So you want to reset only barrows and godswords and PK related things? Everything is PK related except for twisted bow. If you reset godswords and barrows only with the current economy of the coins that are ingame prices of a barrows piece would be 100m. I'm just saying that not only ITEMS are a downfall in this eco, so are coins. Where will you cross the line on 'items used for pking' btw?
    What is "like always"? Even if I knew who you are, I'm more than certain that you have suggested a full reset which is a death sentence for the server.

My goal with this suggestion is not to make the prices more pleasable for people who play OSRS daily, but to take out PvP items out of the game so it make the pking actually worth doing. This has absolutely nothing to do with the amount of cash being in game. I don't care if in the first day a DH set would be 200m, as long as people are risking something and not doing the classic pure pking which is die, run back to bank, die, run back to bank, die, run back to bank, die, run back to bank, die, run back to bank, die, run back to bank and at the end of the day even if you go 5-200 K/D, you still are making profit cause of the emblems and absolutely no risk involved, which also concerns DH pking.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I agree on items like Godwars items, Dragonfire shields, all barrows items, whips, dbows, Gmauls, Furies, all boots, and coins.

Nerf all drop rates but not as hard as hardcore.

Not sure about Raid items, would say maybe to them when raids come out, then reset those items.
    Nobody PK's in raids items anyways and cash would be irrelevant in this case so yeah, most of the items you listed.

5. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    Only reason I said raid items because people will just canp bosses with tbows. Most maxed players have one.

6. Offline
    Apr 2017
    #
    So you're telling me you're only in favour of a reset if palidino makes everybody else but you & the other 4 bank standing pvmers/afk/skillers?

You're the reason palidino should do a full reset. 0 care for the server growth, only interest is maintaining your worthless items on a worthless game.

7. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    We all know how successful this server becomes after a reset. It reaches #1 RuneLocus, literally spammed by mods on RuneServer telling everyone to come play. We get big name RSPS youtubers trying to suck our dicks and they would pay US to make an advertisement video.

Hell yeah it definitely worked in the past, let’s do it again!

8. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    We all know how successful this server becomes after a reset. It reaches #1 RuneLocus, literally spammed by mods on RuneServer telling everyone to come play. We get big name RSPS youtubers trying to suck our dicks and they would pay US to make an advertisement video.

Hell yeah it definitely worked in the past, let’s do it again!
    He's never reset this game & actually made an effort to hype up a rerelease. Only time he hyped up a server release was the 317 & that ended up having 500 on release.

9. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by blazed me View Post
    So you're telling me you're only in favour of a reset if palidino makes everybody else but you & the other 4 bank standing pvmers/afk/skillers?

You're the reason palidino should do a full reset. 0 care for the server growth, only interest is maintaining your worthless items on a worthless game.
    Yeah, sure. I'm making a suggestion in attempt to help the pkers just so I could benefit as a pvmer/skiller.

Edit: Fuck, wrong acc.
    Last edited by London; 10-28-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Closed Thread