+ Reply to Thread
  1. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    Given the huge inconsistency (or so you've all claimed) that the ratio of GWD armour to hilts was wrong, the armour sits on a drop table that is 1/128 rather than a higher drop table that equals the armour out to 1/128. So when you factor in the x1.5 on a drop table of 1/128 with 3 items, you end up with 1/256 or whatever the exact number is. More specifically the drop table itself for GWD armour is 1.18% (1 in 84), the interface just factors in the number of items on the drop table to give the chance of receiving that specific item.
    Just checked the rates shown ingame, comparatively to the osrs wiki. Your rates are more generous at gwd.

So can you confirm a few things for me then?

The most optimal rates you can have are the following: Gold membership, Voting, Ring of Wealth, Wishing Well, (and having a boss pet dropped whilst fighting a boss???). Giving a max of 62% bonus?

And if you're in a multi combat zone, you get x2 if a normal member, x1.5 for hc/iron?
    "iM gOoD aT mY jOB"
  2. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Just checked the rates shown ingame, comparatively to the osrs wiki. Your rates are more generous at gwd.

So can you confirm a few things for me then?

The most optimal rates you can have are the following: Gold membership, Voting, Ring of Wealth, Wishing Well, (and having a boss pet dropped whilst fighting a boss???). Giving a max of 62% bonus?

And if you're in a multi combat zone, you get x2 if a normal member, x1.5 for hc/iron?
    Yes, if a boss pet is dropped and you've voted you had an additional 12.5% added on for a total of 75%, otherwise 62.5% (31.25% for ironman and hc).

All solo/singleway bosses/demi-bosses/normal monsters have a fixed drop rate multiplier of x2 of the OSRS rate, with multicombat/team bosses being fixed at x1.5. This applies to all game modes under any circumstances (1 player killing it, 2, 10, etc). There are a few special circumstances (only one of which I can remember) being the KBD that has more than even x2 OSRS rates for the visage.

Also, if an item is listed as more rare than OSRS wiki by an odd margin (like GWD armour being twice that of the wiki), it's because the armour all shares the same drop table and the interface displays the rate for each individual item, not the rate that you'll hit the table the item is on. Example being GWD armour is 1 in 84 for any piece, but (listed as) 1 in 254 for a specific GWD armour piece.

Multipliers stack additively, hc and ironman rates are each half of the numbers below:
    Gold member: 25%
    Ring of wealth (i): 12.5%
    Wishing well: 12.5%
    Voted: 12.5%
    Voted and hitting a pet drop table: 12.5%

Max possible item total: 62.5%
    Max possible ironman/hc item total: 31.25%

Max pet total: 75%
    Max pet ironman/hc total: 37.5%

If a drop is 1 in 256, and you have the full 62%, it would be 1 in ~157 (256 / 1.625); hc and ironman: 1 in 195
    Last edited by Palidino; 10-26-2017 at 04:02 AM.
  3. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Whenever I see an argument about drop rates, I'll redirect them to this thread thank you.

I have stickied this thread in the meantime. Can you please update Mary Berry's GM Benefits thread?
    "iM gOoD aT mY jOB"
  4. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    what about instances? do they increase drop rate at all? or only accuracy?
  5. Offline
    Palidino's Bitch
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfz View Post
    what about instances? do they increase drop rate at all? or only accuracy?
    There is no boost in instanced rooms.

6. Offline
    Jul 2017
    #
    how can you check how much % your sitting on?
  7. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack City View Post
    how can you check how much % your sitting on?
    Don't think there is an automated check, you have to do it manually. An automated check in let's say the quest tab Would be useful

8. Offline
    Jul 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Don't think there is an automated check, you have to do it manually. An automated check in let's say the quest tab Would be useful
    whys 25% has a line through it?. i mean everybody in game has that too...... right?
  9. Offline
    Palidino's Bitch
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Rack City View Post
    whys 25% has a line through it?. i mean everybody in game has that too...... right?
    If you set your stats, you lose a 25% drop rate boost.

10. Offline
    Jul 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    If you set your stats, you lose a 25% drop rate boost.
    if i reset right now. do i get back that 25%?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast