1. Offline
    Apr 2017
    #
    Idk why you faggots are crying about people being at an advantage. When it comes down to it we all know if I could be bothered to play this game I'd blow you all out the water & have you back on main accounts within 3 days. It'll be ironman mode all over again

Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    Anything in mind to do for pre-release?
    • Lower Well Donation cost to 15m for boosts, Ironman/Hardmode donations should be worth *5.
    • Change hard mode starter cash to 25k
    • Give new mode the Hardcore Ironman Icon
    • Add the Event RPG to the general store for 50k, only for Hardmode players.

- Event RPG fires 1 tick faster than scimitars
      - Give it a +35 Strength bonus & + 35 Crush bonus.
      - Uses the unequipped weapon interface

edit:

also disable tome of exp from bonds & voting
      This just adds a weapon exclusive to the mode that is very good for training with up until the D Scim unlock.

• Add double exp weekend
    Last edited by blazed it; 10-06-2017 at 06:07 AM.

2. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    If you rightclick use bond on a player in oldschool it promts you with the option to give them 14 days membership. Seeing as we use the same client, we should make this the case here to prevent the false economy which you and Amorphis were debating.

Amorphis raises a good point.

Maybe we could have a prompt for "Give ROW (I)" "Give skilling outfit > X outfit" "Give 14 day membership"
    Except you can't safely trade a bond for cash that way. You're missing the majority of the point, in that I don't want normal modes having a hard time selling bonds because the people buying them are on hard mode. I'm not trying to screw over the players paying by saying "sorry, no one who you can trade you wants to buy your bonds! But if you make a new account on a different mode and buy them again, you can sell them!" The point of normal mode is that there are no restrictions, you can choose it knowing things won't be locked to you.

I think you're all putting too much value on bonds. Buy them on your normal accounts and trade them over or buy them IRL if you're so scared of letting a hard mode account selling traded bonds and having the biggest cash stack or whatever.
    Last edited by Palidino; 10-06-2017 at 01:01 PM.

3. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2017
    #
    Except you can't safely trade a bond for cash that way. You're missing the majority of the point, in that I don't want normal modes having a hard time selling bonds because the people buying them are on hard mode. I'm not trying to screw over the players paying by saying "sorry, no one who you can trade you wants to buy your bonds! But if you make a new account on a different mode and buy them again, you can sell them!" The point of normal mode is that there are no restrictions, you can choose it knowing things won't be locked to you.
    From what ive seen the last week, bonds are very hard to come by. if you have bonds and try to sell them the whole server will come trade you. I could see a restriction working for atleast a month without people having trouble selling bonds on normal mode. If you make it possible to use bonds from a normal mode account on hard mode accounts to give row (i), skilling outfits and gold membership, then there will still be alot of people playing hard mode who would buy bonds on their normal mode account to use on their hard mode accounts.

4. Offline
    Apr 2017
    #

I think you're all putting too much value on bonds. Buy them on your normal accounts and trade them over or buy them IRL if you're so scared of letting a hard mode account selling traded bonds and having the biggest cash stack or whatever.
    nvm
    Last edited by blazed it; 10-06-2017 at 02:00 PM.

5. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by blazed it View Post
    As long as bonds don't let players get the tome of exp then there is 0 issue in trading multiple over.

London needs to stop crying, it's not an issue. Wasn't a problem on regular iron man, won't be a problem on hard mode.
    Because ironmen cant trade? There is no eco on ironmen, but there will be on hard mode lol. How can you compare ironmen and hard mode when it comes to economy?

6. Offline
    Apr 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape View Post
    Because ironmen cant trade? There is no eco on ironmen, but there will be on hard mode lol. How can you compare ironmen and hard mode when it comes to economy?
    nvm

7. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2017
    #
    - If somebody buys a bond to sell for money on their hardcore, then they will buy it on their hardcore.
    - If somebody is buying a bond to sell for money on a regular account then they will buy it on their regular account

?????
    If sharingan has 200 bonds on his normal accounts, he will xfer 200 bonds to his hard mode account to sell for hard mode gold and have eco on hard mode too without any effort

??????????????????

8. Offline
    Apr 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Cape View Post
    If sharingan has 200 bonds on his normal accounts, he will xfer 200 bonds to his hard mode account to sell for hard mode gold and have eco on hard mode too without any effort

??????????????????
    nvm

9. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2017
    #
    & That's a bad thing? Having at least somewhat of a connection between the 2 game modes through an item is good. It stops them from being completely separate entities. It hardly even effects the Hard Mode economy, it just means 1 individual could potentially be richer than others. Why do you care?

Likelihood is the bonds also will hold 0 value for the first couple months since the game mode will be very new & an economy will not have been formed.
    Because he hoards like crazy on normal mode and hes gonna do exactly the same on hard mode. He can have 100m by day one from selling bonds and buy all the rare items, and never sell them again, meaning everything will have to be obtained by yourself if you want something. This is obviously annoying as shit. The fact that you cant see it being a problem is scary.

10. Offline
    Senior Moderator
    Oct 2016
    #
    It's not hardmode if you can just sell bonds for hardmode gp, it's just bondmode at that point. It needs a limit per month or week on how many hardmode accounts should have. I would easily trade over 20+ bonds on hardmode release, if there's no limit. Making it hardly a "hard" mode, which makes me not want to play such an easy mode. That's just me though, I guess.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast