1. My opinion on the video competition.  - 05-06-2017 #1

Apr 2017
    #
    @staff team. If you want people to actually put effort in the videos and actually make proper edits, the prize has to be a lot better. Have you considered spawing in money or taking items from accounts that are permanently banned to increase the winners prizes? Also making it so that only 1st,2nd and 3rd get a prize would also help out. I MYSELF don't see a reason for me or anyone else to spend hours and hours to make a proper edit for such a small prize. [proper edits take 20h+ easily.] If you compare other server's video competitions [ THIS IS NOT SERVER ADVERTISING.] like os-s or locopk that prize pool is a laugh. oss had a prize pool of 10m blood money which is a huge amount of money in that game and loco pk had 13B prize pool. It gave motivation to people who did not even play the servers to hop on and dedicate their time in providing top tier videos to win the competitions. Also adding a youtube rank and making it so the top 5 participants get one would be nice. It would motivate more people to enter. Even making it so you can apply for a youtuber rank [after getting the requirments like 5+ videos and decent amount of views.] would motivate new and old content creators to create content on the server and at the same time promote battlescape.

What prize pool should look like in my opinion:
    1st Place: 1B and Youtuber Rank
    2nd Place: 600m and Youtuber Rank
    3rd Place: 400m and Youtuber Rank
    4th Place: Youtuber rank
    5th Place: Youtuber rank

To sum up what im trying to say here is that i think the prize should be a lot higher than it is at the moment. Making videos of the server promotes it and people who have dedicated countless hours in making QUALITY videos/edits should be rewarded accordingly. But hey what do i know, im just a dumb flaming pker.

THIS IS MY OPINION ON IT, PLEASE LEAVE YOURS BELOW

2. Offline
    Apr 2017
    #

Gl trying to convince them to actually have a worthwhile prize lol

3. Offline
    Apr 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by blazed it View Post

Gl trying to convince them to actually have a worthwhile prize lol
    they dont understand what u were trying to say. Sure people will enter but the entries are most likely gona be garbage. They expect people to dedicate 10h+ for a good edit or video for 200m, when they can just go pvm or pk and achieve 5x the amount they would win from the competition in the same time.

4. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    Well I mean it's more than just 200m.
    We currently don't have a youtube rank and don't recall us ever really having that rank so much as having an icon when those were a thing.
    We can't spawn and taking items from banned accounts just feels wrong. I could possibly speak with Palidino and see if we can give out free membership to the winners?

5. Offline
    ∏ ∐ ∑ ╱╲╳¯
    Sep 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Well I mean it's more than just 200m.
    We currently don't have a youtube rank and don't recall us ever really having that rank so much as having an icon when those were a thing.
    We can't spawn and taking items from banned accounts just feels wrong. I could possibly speak with Palidino and see if we can give out free membership to the winners?
    The youtuber rank could work for people who have like 5+ vids or so and is an active video maker also pretty sure pali wouldn't mind free mems.

6. Offline
    Apr 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by M N M View Post
    The youtuber rank could work for people who have like 5+ vids or so and is an active video maker also pretty sure pali wouldn't mind free mems.
    Or maybe make it so if u get the youtube rank it gives u free members, making it something rare and not something that is given out easy. Also gives a lot of motivation for pvmers but doesnt benefit the pkers too much. Maybe make it so members have a additional 5-15% boost of bm per kill. [ talking about 10+ vids or 5k+ views or stuff like that.]
    But still think prize needs to be better, TO ME free members doesnt sound too tempting even though its a improvement. Anyway i hope you guys can come up with something more to add for the winners even if its just for the 1st and 2nd or something like that. [but be sure to promote the upgraded reward in time so that people know and have time to get content.]
    Last edited by Goat Boat; 05-06-2017 at 12:56 PM.

7. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    I added 600.

If there are more entries that are worthwhile, I'll up it to 1b.

8. Offline
    Apr 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror View Post
    I added 600.

If there are more entries that are worthwhile, I'll up it to 1b.
    Sweet! now i will enter :]

9. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Meh, i guess its just hard to make a competition for this i guess. Takes some time to get clips and it also needs people who want to invest time in it.

Closed Thread