1. Offline
    Dec 2016
    #
    The speed that this server is traveling in comparison towards other RSPS is...really slow.

Could be because of lack of motivation, the unfortunate feeling of depression, or just...no time.

However, With the recent updates/bug fixes...many of them seem to be sitting in one spot, going around in a circle.

The updates aren't fulfilling the players expectations / wants / desires is what i'm trying to say.

If you legit go into space, live there for like 10 years, then come back to Earth, what happens to you? What do you see?
    Everything has changed. You're still living in 10 years in the past, while the rest of the planet and it's people have progressed 10 years into the future.

That is the current state of Pali's server / probable mindset. [ IMO ]

Now...his updates...

If you go to the same amusement park once ever week, what happens? What do you see? You get bored, you see the same rides over and over, you go on the same rides over and over, even the food gets tiring...

That is how us players are feeling.

We appreciate the updates and all, but our perception will not change unless changed by someone who is able to, which is Pali.

-

This is the current cycle Battlescape is in, and it will not leave the cycle unless forced, which can be made by Pali.
    This is a habit that happens with many of Pali's servers...except for BS2, being his most successful version of Battlescape..but that was because it mostly revolved around pures / pkers.

-
    This server seems to have a majority of PVM lovers, but if that's the case...he will have to adapt the majority of his updates towards those PVMers...which is very limited.

Which will them prove to limit this current OSBS server to the amount of content it will provide.

This however all depends on how Pali wants to make HIS server.

Does he want to keep it as an ordinary OS server? When there are so many more out there...
    Or will he want to change it up and add in content from his previous servers, or even Pre EoC?

He made a combination of Pre EOC material for his BS2 server, which was a great Hit!, but that's risky because of all the idiotic critics out there who will be an influence on the new generation, and could possibly poison the minds of many new players of what a true RSPS server could be like.

Thank you for reading, have fun and a very good day!

2. Offline
    Nov 2016
    #
    theres no way to bring players back to bs, why? cuz pali is the only guy that works alone, look at the other servers using more than 1 developer and a bunch of serious staff (not mnm and those childish kids of bs) so with that being said, the amount of updates and time rate will remain BAD.

TLDR:Pali will continue working alone with a mediocre staff team that will prevent to go at the speed of other rsps.

3. Offline
    ∏ ∐ ∑ ╱╲╳¯
    Sep 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN EM DOWN View Post
    theres no way to bring players back to bs, why? cuz pali is the only guy that works alone, look at the other servers using more than 1 developer and a bunch of serious staff (not mnm and those childish kids of bs) so with that being said, the amount of updates and time rate will remain BAD.

TLDR:Pali will continue working alone with a mediocre staff team that will prevent to go at the speed of other rsps.
    no one is really capable of coding as good as him, not to mention someone who won't fuck around.

4. Offline
    Banned
    Nov 2016
    #
    lol

5. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN EM DOWN View Post
    I mean... look at a server like Alora with 300-600 online at most times with a single person coding it as well. I think it's more of an issue with Pali himself (read: going inactive, losing interest and whatever else that seem to happen every single time) rather than the fact that there's only one person to do the coding.

6. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Howz Da Tb View Post
    I mean... look at a server like Alora with 300-600 online at most times with a single person coding it as well. I think it's more of an issue with Pali himself (read: going inactive, losing interest and whatever else that seem to happen every single time) rather than the fact that there's only one person to do the coding.
    Alora is using 317 and this is using the latest OSRS Cache. 317 code is baby code for the weak.

Obviously they can add shit faster by just copying and pasting code already pasted on Rune-Server. Pali works from scratch because he don't want his cmd showing 800+ lines of error code.

7. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Alora is using 317 and this is using the latest OSRS Cache. 317 code is baby code for the weak.

Obviously they can add shit faster by just copying and pasting code already pasted on Rune-Server. Pali works from scratch because he don't want his cmd showing 800+ lines of error code.
    I'm well aware. My point was more that the issue lies with him going inactive and whatnot rather than him being the only coder. He quite clearly did a good job with the current server considering the player count he managed to reach.

It peaked at what? 300 I think London mentioned in another topic? There's a reason that a majority of them left and judging by what the players have been saying around the forum lately the main issue seems to have been.. well... Pali going inactive.

8. Offline
    Dec 2016
    #
    Alora is literally trash

9. Offline
    Dec 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by M N M View Post
    no one is really capable of coding as good as him, not to mention someone who won't fuck around.
    P E R I L
    E
    R
    I
    L

like for real that would be the dream team

10. Offline
    Nov 2016
    #
    incorrect. Omicron works with Jason as developers, and not to mention the huge staff team every1 serious & always online willing to help.
    but yea, probably the inactivity of pali is a bigger impact than the fact that he solo codes.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast