1. In Memory of Battle-Scape 1: II Kaz II | "The Ending of BS1"  - 11-23-2016 #1

Nov 2016
    #
    @Palidino

You wanna make players return to Battle-Scape? Simply remaster BS1....when times were good, clanning was highly active and you peaked 2k+ players online daily. Just an old video I made from back when I played BS when it was good, and used to make PK vids in the community. I only wish you'd finally re-do it all over again but within the OSRS aspect like you're doing now. Only then would we see BS climb right back to the top peaking tons of players just like before, and you know I am right. That's why BS hasn't seen anything close to these times since well, those BS1 times........ Let's get it now....make it right.

Last edited by Kaz; 11-23-2016 at 11:21 AM.

2. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2016
    #
    What do you mean "Remastered"?

Do you want the same kind of content (Chaotics/D claws etc), or do you want the same style of server?

3. Offline
    Nov 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie J View Post
    What do you mean "Remastered"?

Do you want the same kind of content (Chaotics/D claws etc), or do you want the same style of server?
    Dclaws yes, becuase they're about to come to OSRS. No I don't think chaotics is anything to what people would be wanting. But back then there was no limit on people not being able to budget "return sets" or supplies, e.g; Everyone was able to stock pile and enjoy the private server for exactly what it's meant to be....a private server where you can pk almost 24/7 with the exception of the gold having some type of value behind it. Back then there were casket drops w/ coins inside which could be looted from ANY NPC just about. Everything was so easy to get together and form a PK Trip for clans because they didn't have to worry about a member not being able to afford to PK [not saying it's not this way currently, but if you played during BS1 times, you will know exactly what I mean].

There were things that were valuable like AGS, etc; but they weren't impossible to get and the grind wasn't something that was ongoing. When you think of the actual OSRS, how many people do you see that actually just go RWT in order to PK? Quite a bit, and why? Because they simply don't want to grind out all the hours into making gold that is lost in just a few fights. Obviously it's not fun PKing and not receiving anything of value...but in BS1 times, everything worked out perfectly because everything had some sort of value but was never once over-rated. Just think about it, OSRS template, BS1 style of play.....guaranteed to invest in all types of players.

P.S: Yes I'm still around in the pure scene if that makes a difference to my opinon [and yes it should considering the pure scene is what made Battlescape go boomin' and no one should even think of denying it, if you do, then tell me why you're not peaking 2k+ now].
    Another thing is factoring in that for PvP, that's the main attraction for any RSPS 100% GUARANTEED! AS OF NOW, THERE IS NO PKING, I HOPPED ON TO 19 PLAYERS, ALL STANDING IN EDGE MAYBE AFK??? INSTANTLY LOGGED BACK OUT AFTER GOING TO BARROW FOR 1 ROUND AND GETTING A TORAGS HELM FOR FIRST LOOT, NOT BAD, BUT WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH PK SETS AND NO1 TO FIGHT AGAINST? AN ACTIVE WILDERNESS IS KEY!
    Last edited by Kaz; 11-23-2016 at 11:32 AM.

4. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Dclaws yes, becuase they're about to come to OSRS. No I don't think chaotics is anything to what people would be wanting. But back then there was no limit on people not being able to budget "return sets" or supplies, e.g; Everyone was able to stock pile and enjoy the private server for exactly what it's meant to be....a private server where you can pk almost 24/7 with the exception of the gold having some type of value behind it. Back then there were casket drops w/ coins inside which could be looted from ANY NPC just about. Everything was so easy to get together and form a PK Trip for clans because they didn't have to worry about a member not being able to afford to PK [not saying it's not this way currently, but if you played during BS1 times, you will know exactly what I mean].

There were things that were valuable like AGS, etc; but they weren't impossible to get and the grind wasn't something that was ongoing. When you think of the actual OSRS, how many people do you see that actually just go RWT in order to PK? Quite a bit, and why? Because they simply don't want to grind out all the hours into making gold that is lost in just a few fights. Obviously it's not fun PKing and not receiving anything of value...but in BS1 times, everything worked out perfectly because everything had some sort of value but was never once over-rated. Just think about it, OSRS template, BS1 style of play.....guaranteed to invest in all types of players.

P.S: Yes I'm still around in the pure scene if that makes a difference to my opinon [and yes it should considering the pure scene is what made Battlescape go boomin' and no one should even think of denying it, if you do, then tell me why you're not peaking 2k+ now].
    I mean D Claws will come to this game 100%, most likely as soon as they're added to OSRS.

In terms of what you said regarding return sets, currently return sets are free (however they will most likely be bought soon). That being said though GP is like 40m Per Tier 10 so I'd not say cash is the hardest to make, maybe it could be buffed a bit from PVM since it's only about 4m-7m or so an hour atm (I think it was 15m on BS1 if I remember correctly)

I know it's a big ask but would you possibly be able to just list off a bunch of shit you liked/disliked from BS1, it'd give Palidino a rough idea what he should be aiming for when structuring the current server.

5. Offline
    Nov 2016
    #
    #1 Wilderness had "EP" -> Earning Potential %, which dropped artifacts that could be turned in for gold. Made it to where you could actually profit off of PvP.
    #2 the chests dropped from NPC's dropped coins.
    #3 The server was based to PKing, base it back to PKing and you'll have a player-base.
    The only thing that could possibly be left to say is if Palidino was to observe and think back to those times, he'd know as to which direction he should aim for success.

6. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    30 seconds of intro/logos, who the fuck you think you are? Warner Brothers Studios??

7. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2016
    #
    #1 Wilderness had "EP" -> Earning Potential %, which dropped artifacts that could be turned in for gold. Made it to where you could actually profit off of PvP.
    Pking players drops Mysterious Emblems which upgrade like on OSRS (X8 OSRS exchange rates)

#2 the chests dropped from NPC's dropped coins.
    They don't really drop caskets, just the raw coins. Concept is the same. What were the rates on BS1 p/hour for coins from PVM roughly (if you remember)/QUOTE]

#3 The server was based to PKing, base it back to PKing and you'll have a player-base.
    I'd say it currently is based off of pking, if anything more than BS1 was (we have BM shop etc now).

All I'd say is that the current server lacks a fair bit of content, but that will all come with due time.

8. Offline
    Retired
    Sep 2009
    #
    Zombies Supporter!
    10 Year Veteran

9. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    Was one of my favorites

10. Offline
    Donator