1. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    probably the last thing ill do here, kinda tiring stating the obvious but oh well

first off the chaos ele tho being original it is just quite ridiculous when it comes to its guaranteed bank loot mechanics.
    well as ive been told by MNM is that the boss can be killed with practically no valuable gear whatsoever, getting a drop is obvious bank loot and no doubt instantly your +1 item.
    this snowballs into people not being incentiviced to kill people when the boss is around as how obvious this may be that the drops from the ele are far better than whatever the player(s) is/are risking.

given the low playerbase, which has been declining since this update, the top 5 people dealing damage to the ele getting guaranteed drops that far outweigh anything those players would drop.
    even tho you doubled bloodmoney dropped by players, you did the same for pvm which naturally doesnt do anything to the issue of pvm being far more profitable than pvp. chaos ele should've made this far too obvious and still this problem is missed entirely or atleast isnt treated with a better solution. ofcource after the ele is dead people could go and pk them for atleast the BM part of the ele drop but if you end up getting the most id rather just run away instead of killing others. the risk of staying isnt worth reward or effort but thats just me.

moving on this boss practically killed off pvm outside of the wild which u may consider a good thing for now but the obvious reason for this is the guaranteed drops every 20 minutes within a wide variety of items. i dont know what it will be like now that it is nerfed but im betting the issue still stands in some capacity. theres no point to do pvm outside of killing chaos ele while its drops are guaranteed. why would you do anything else when you can get more in far less time by just waiting for ele spawns? other than just doing something to wait for ele spawns but ya know every time i logged in thus far i find half the server doing nothing at all in edge bank. and it remains that way no doubt. if there wasnt any incentive to do something else in this time then there certainly isnt something now. your small arrangement of pvm activities have now been reduced to just one. pking is still somewhat nonexistent tho somewhat more accessible but still not anywhere near how it should be.

do with this feedback as you please, just know im done with it now, good luck
    Last edited by by the sword; 11-12-2016 at 10:03 PM.

2. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by by the sword View Post
    probably the last thing ill do here, kinda tiring stating the obvious but oh well

first off the chaos ele tho being original it is just quite ridiculous when it comes to its guaranteed bank loot mechanics.
    well as ive been told by MNM is that the boss can be killed with practically no valuable gear whatsoever, getting a drop is obvious bank loot and no doubt instantly your +1 item.
    this snowballs into people not being incentiviced to kill people when the boss is around as how obvious this may be that the drops from the ele are far better than whatever the player(s) is/are risking.
    This can be fixed by significantly increasing it's Range/Mage defence (making using melee superior to kill it). Also after this update, if you're not like top 2 damage then you don't get anything good in the loot. Like it's generally trash. Even #1 doesn't get something good all the time.

even tho you doubled bloodmoney dropped by players, you did the same for pvm which naturally doesnt do anything to the issue of pvm being far more profitable than pvp.
    This was only for the wilderness bosses. They were dead content before so now they're actually worth doing.

moving on this boss practically killed off pvm outside of the wild which u may consider a good thing for now but the obvious reason for this is the guaranteed drops every 20 minutes within a wide variety of items.
    I agree with this to an extent however this is a culmination of multiple things, not just one:

1. Chaos Elemental Drops are to good (as you listed)
    2. Better items (AGS/SOTD/Arma Cbow etc) are relatively cheap via BM shop so they hold little value.
    3. Not enough coins enter the game to encourage trading of items.

Solutions:

1. Nerf Chaos Elemental Further
    2. Increase Value of High Tier items in Blood Money Shop (This puts items in demand as it becomes easier to obtain them via PVM than BM Shop)
    3. Significantly increase Gold from emblems. (It's 2x OSRS atm, but it should be more like 8x to equate to the value of BM entering the game.)
    Last edited by Iloi5ia89; 11-12-2016 at 10:41 PM.

3. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie J View Post
    This can be fixed by significantly increasing it's Range/Mage defence (making using melee superior to kill it). Also after this update, if you're not like top 2 damage then you don't get anything good in the loot. Like it's generally trash. Even #1 doesn't get something good all the time.

This was only for the wilderness bosses. They were dead content before so now they're actually worth doing.

I agree with this to an extent however this is a culmination of multiple things, not just one:

1. Chaos Elemental Drops are to good (as you listed)
    2. Better items (AGS/SOTD/Arma Cbow etc) are relatively cheap via BM shop so they hold little value.
    3. Not enough coins enter the game to encourage trading of items.

Solutions:

1. Nerf Chaos Elemental Further
    2. Increase Value of High Tier items in Blood Money Shop (This puts items in demand as it becomes easier to obtain them via PVM than BM Shop)
    3. Significantly increase Gold from emblems. (It's 2x OSRS atm, but it should be more like 8x to equate to the value of BM entering the game.)
    you dont have to convince me, you have to convince pali.

i appreciate the effort you put into this post and the game but after this day i just cannot be bothered to do it any more. just fixing pvm in the wildy by making it worthwhile to do it doesnt bring pkers. all you have around here are pretend pkers because they kill pvmers and then theres the pvmers which is the majority. basically recreated the state of pvp to how it was on the 742 which was pitiful at best but a great pvm game regardless. i feel there's just no hope left to see this become a success, even beyond advertising or all content working 100%. by the time you reach that state whatever game you end up competing with will be miles ahead of this one. just as much as the games you're competing with now.

you can bash all of them as much as your heart desires but that is not gonna change the fact that theyre far ahead and far more successful than this for a long time. it has been nice the last few days to finally have people realise what i had been saying all those months ago, shame nobody cared to read it then, oh well. then just learn the hard way i suppose.

good luck to you and i hope it isnt as hopeless as i describe it here.

4. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2016
    #
    just fixing pvm in the wildy by making it worthwhile to do it doesnt bring pkers. all you have around here are pretend pkers because they kill pvmers
    The wilderness bosses create multi activity (which would probably be none existent otherwise). Yes it's Pkers killing PVMers but so what. People do it on OSRS, and eventually the Pkers Killing PVMers meet other Pkers.

and then theres the pvmers which is the majority.
    Can be fixed with

- Hard/Extreme/Ironman Modes
    - Again other stuff I already listed in my above post (would place more value on doing the bosses.

by the time you reach that state whatever game you end up competing with will be miles ahead of this one. just as much as the games you're competing with now.
    I actually disagree on this one. In terms of missing (Important) Content I wouldn't say there is a great deal, and even then it will still be expanded on. Just because another server is ahead right now doesn't mean they will always remain ahead. There's only so much content you can add, specifically the important stuff (Bosses/Skills)

5. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran

given the low playerbase, which has been declining since this update, the top 5 people dealing damage to the ele getting guaranteed drops that far outweigh anything those players would drop.
    even tho you doubled bloodmoney dropped by players, you did the same for pvm which naturally doesnt do anything to the issue of pvm being far more profitable than pvp. chaos ele should've made this far too obvious and still this problem is missed entirely or atleast isnt treated with a better solution. ofcource after the ele is dead people could go and pk them for atleast the BM part of the ele drop but if you end up getting the most id rather just run away instead of killing others. the risk of staying isnt worth reward or effort but thats just me.

moving on this boss practically killed off pvm outside of the wild which u may consider a good thing for now but the obvious reason for this is the guaranteed drops every 20 minutes within a wide variety of items. i dont know what it will be like now that it is nerfed but im betting the issue still stands in some capacity. theres no point to do pvm outside of killing chaos ele while its drops are guaranteed. why would you do anything else when you can get more in far less time by just waiting for ele spawns? other than just doing something to wait for ele spawns but ya know every time i logged in thus far i find half the server doing nothing at all in edge bank. and it remains that way no doubt. if there wasnt any incentive to do something else in this time then there certainly isnt something now. your small arrangement of pvm activities have now been reduced to just one. pking is still somewhat nonexistent tho somewhat more accessible but still not anywhere near how it should be.

do with this feedback as you please, just know im done with it now, good luck
    You put this much time into criticism, you should try putting that much into what to change/add/etc. Jessie's feedback makes it into the game so much because instead of just pointing out what's wrong, he gets into how it can be improved. It's a problem most people have here if they don't like an update.

6. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    You put this much time into criticism, you should try putting that much into what to change/add/etc. Jessie's feedback makes it into the game so much because instead of just pointing out what's wrong, he gets into how it can be improved. It's a problem most people have here if they don't like an update.
    the amount of time it takes me to come up with such a post isn't much and certainly doesn't require me any effort, i don't have the first clue on how to fix any of it so i result to making a post where i point out where i see things are wrong so people like jessie j can figure out a way to fix it as i just can't. primarily because i don't even play the game and wouldn't know the first thing about what i'd what to see in a game i don't even play, i feel that would be a task for somebody that does.
    (note that it isn't because of anything of this server or w.e, it's just that OSRS bores the hell out of me and i don't find servers like it to be enjoyable.)

secondly i don't pk a lot if at all, i'm a pvmer and as i've stated before that part of the server is atleast pretty good so far and i expect a great deal more of that eventually. that all seems fine but it's dominating in terms of profit in comparison to pking. i've told you before that there has to be enough incentive for people to go out of their way of pvming for bm/gp and go pking instead. right now thats practically non existent.
    i don't know how to fix that since you just lack the pkers to tell you how and what they want. good thing clanwars is sorted and i do hope those pures show up at some point and not have it be some fake promise to shift your priorities. they're probably your best bet.

you need to look for a balance between pvm and pvp, have pvm more profitable when you get good drops but have pking as some sort of stable flow of BM over the same amount of time. making pking more profitable the longer you do it also helps a great deal like increasing cash or BM from killstreaks or BH emblems. also encourage more risk for more reward in some way, just having ppl in free items isn't fun and theyre easily outmatched by people with better items. it deters them from pking as they'll feel they can't compete or progress to keep pking since they need to kill people to get the BM to upgrade their gear through pking and this way that just won't happen.

thirdly keep going with your ideas, the concept behind the ele was pretty solid, i liked the idea of it however guaranteeing drops anywhere just hits everything where it isn't guaranteed. as i mentioned before that people just afk all the time. maybe talk to those people, ask them why aren't they doing something else than just afk in edge bank for hours. see what they want to do and to think of something to accomodate to their "needs". it sucks that people just cba to tell you in a somewhat broader way as i do but i think they just expect you to do things all the time because a lot of content is still missing.

i can be wrong about this but it's leaning pretty hard into the pvm area therefore it seems that pvp is getting left behind somewhat which may have something to do with you pushing alot of small adjustments/additions with a major update which can potentially hurt the game in its progression because of the long waits for small changes.

i hope this helps, regardless i appreciate the reply

7. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    and its his updates that no1 likes , no1 wants to question jessi j cuz hes just gona spend 5 hours on a post no1 wants to compete against :c

8. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by staker aaron View Post
    and its his updates that no1 likes , no1 wants to question jessi j cuz hes just gona spend 5 hours on a post no1 wants to compete against :c
    So you disagree but can't be bothered to give feedback.

Chances are most the things you disagree with aren't even anything to do with me.

9. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by staker aaron View Post
    Chaos Elemental for example was my idea that I posted a thread about two days ago. He gave feedback before it was released that helped shape it, which before his feedback would have left it's initial release much worse than it was.

10. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    Here are my thoughts about the matter:

What I was expecting:

• A fun Chaos Elemental, offering a nice challenge for a group of players who are willing to risk decent gear in order to kill it.
    • Develop some actual Deep Wildy PKing.
    • Yield more good items into the game, but not often enough to disrupt with PvM activity, this is supposed to be a side-thing to do in the Wilderness.
    • More BM flowing, thus giving more meaning to the BM Shop.
    • Higher PK activity in Edgeville.

What actually happened:

• Chaos Elemental almost feels like a chore, no challenge whatsoever since you can bring free gear and still take it down, even if done solo.
    • While it has developed some Deep Wildy PKing, it only occurs as soon as the Chaos Elemental spawns, which is not the main point of it.
    • We all had an oversight regarding drop rates, at first it was too common to get great items rendering PvM almost useless, even after the nerf a lots of item are coming into the game, if you have a PK team you have a good chance to obtain something.
    • Because of the previous point, there is almost no need to spend BM since you get most drops off the Chaos Elemental anyway.
    • Activity in Edgeville has decreased slightly, I'm yet to see a risk fight since the update.

Conclusion? Don't get me wrong, but this is a great idea to bring in some activity to the game, however this was not the right moment to add it given the current circumstances, one of the main things that were discussed was about drop rates and the drop table for the Chaos Elemental, and also the spawn time, which had to be measured considering there's about 20-30 players online.

Now here's the issue, there are not enough players in the game to make this work properly the way it is currently implemented, a single clan can pretty much camp the boss and get all the loot while also killing other players in welfare gear just to get more BM. There's no competition at all to kill this boss, basically the biggest clan in the Wildy owns whatever loot the Chaos Elemental may drop, which brings me to the next point.

This is frustrating for the players, making it seem that bossing and PvMing in general is a waste of time, why bother grinding Kree'arra trying to get a hilt if you can just camp the Chaos Elemental and get it much quickly? Sure, there's a chance that may not happen but the possibility is there, especially if you're a PKer. Not only this, but also gives items a lower value, no matter how much they cost in the BM Shop, if everyone has x5 of the same item, no one's gonna bother buying it unless they are a new player, making PvMing not profitable at all, except maybe for the Corporeal Beast.

Because of this, the only thing I've seen others do is wait at Edge for the Chaos Elemental to spawn, go kill it, rinse and repeat, only a very few amount still go PK at the ditch, even on rune armor.

My advice, while it may seem somewhat extreme, remove the whole Chaos Elemental for now especially since in one of your previous threads, you asked the players what they'd love to see next, it is going to get worse from here on out, if you don't have a way to measure it appropriately with the current amount of players.

If you're willing to keep it in the game, you need to fix the following ASAP:

• Make the Chaos Elemental an actual challenge to kill, a damage/defence boost.
    • Reduce the BM given by the boss by 25%
    • Reduce even further the chance of obtaining a drop. 0.4 is the current if I'm not mistaken, 0.2-0.3 might mitigate the drops from being too common.
    • Increase the spawn timer to one hour or two.

The damage is done, but it's not too late to fix some of the mess.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast