1. Chaos Elemental - Special Wild Boss  - 11-10-2016 #1

Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    With our small community there's probably a good chance this update will come out before there's much feedback, but with any update it can always be improved upon. The next update was going to include the Kraken boss before I move on to dueling, but I feel like this might have more significance than the kraken.

So basically, we'll have a somewhat unique Chaos Elemental. Given it's position in the Wilderness, it's already in a nice spot for a boss to drop rare items where players can't just teleport away right after. It's also a bit of a pain to kill, enough so that a free item like a dragon scimitar isn't going to be the most ideal way of killing it. I'll talk more about this in a moment.

For it's mechanics: we'll ditch the unequipping mechanic. This boss will already encourage using equipment you'd be risking to kill it, we don't need it removing your armour and a PKer swooping it and knocking you out because you just lost a significant portion of your defence. To tackle being able to take 4 items without risk, attacking the Chaos Elemental will skull you. Likewise it's attacks will be multi-target.

Now you might be wondering, why don't I just take minimum risk (1 item), and only get one kill an inventory or even have to return to finish it off? Because it'll have a long respawn timer (think 10-30 minutes, this needs to be decided), which means when it does spawn you'll more likely than not be competing against other players for the kill. While it will give multiple players drops, anything past the player that did the most damage will have significant drop rate reductions.

To clarify:
    Player A inflicts most damage, the item with a drop rate of 0.8%(1 in 125) stays as is.
    Player B is the runner up, but that drop rate of 0.8% is reduced down to 0.4%(1 in 250).
    Player C inflicted the 3rd most damage, slacking behind. Their chance at that 0.8% drop table is reduced down to 0.26%(1 in 385).
    Player D inflicts the least damage out of the 4 of them, and that 0.8% drop table counts as a 0.2%(1 in 500).

You can see how just getting a drop (and this applies to all bosses that drop for multiple players) starts to count for less and less the further away from inflicting the most damage you get.

So what needs to be decided?
    1. How much hitpoints should it have? It currently sits at 255, similar to many bosses.
    2. Exactly how long should it take to respawn?
    3. What items should it drop?
    4. At what chance should it drop these items?
    5. How much blood money should players get for killing it?

EDIT 1:
    As it's been made aware to me, one spawn location too easily allows a team to camp the spot waiting. Instead, 2-4 locations with a global message saying about where it spawned would be better. This will allow anyone a chance at killing it opposed to no message and whoever finds it first likely getting the kill, while also prevent a team from sitting at a spot knowing it'll respawn there. Green dots for potential spots

Last edited by Bally; 11-10-2016 at 08:03 PM.

2. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    1. I´d say 350-400 HP sounds like a good number.

2. 15-20 minutes.

3. I'd dare to say some sort of mysterious box, where you can get a random item from a group of items from the BM shop, these items worth could range from 10K to 300K BM, say, I get a drop and open the box, there's a posibility I could get a BCP from it.

Also coins, since it can split between four people, I consider 6-8M a fair amount, perhaps add noted food/potion drops, such as dark crabs or sara brews, noted and in large quantities (500+)

4. Considering the time it will take to respawn and the risk involved, assuming the box idea is implemented I'd say a 2 to 3% chance sounds more appropiate.

5. If possible, the person that dealt the most damage will get 6K BM, 2nd gets 4.5K, 3rd gets 3K and 4th gets 2K, if it can't be done that way, then every player who gets a drop gets 5K BM.

Notes: As I mentioned earlier, if you really plan on adding this, make obelisks work, it encourages PKers to go there instead of using the lever. I'm not totally sure if getting skulled by attacking it will be a good idea either, this needs further discussion. Make untradeables kept on death past level 20 as well.

3. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    Now you might be wondering, why don't I just take minimum risk (1 item), and only get one kill an inventory or even have to return to finish it off? Because it'll have a long respawn timer (think 10-30 minutes, this needs to be decided), which means when it does spawn you'll more likely than not be competing against other players for the kill.
    If you plan to have a longer respawn timer on it you'd be better having it spawn in random areas. This will stop any team from locking down Chaos Elemental and farming it for it's drops & also encourage players to kill it (since they know there is most likely nobody already waiting for them). In terms of the areas you'd have it spawn, you want areas away from PK Hotspots, so for Example

10-30 Minutes also seems a bit long, maybe something more along 5 minutes per spawn would be better. That way it becomes an activity you can consistently do. Nobody would want to kill it if; You kill it once > de-gear > wait a bit > re gear

In terms of drops:

edited:

If you do go with 20-30 Minutes spawns

- 25k BM Main killer, 15k Second Killer, 10k Third Killer
    - 100% Chance of Barrows Item (Main Killer)
    - 100% Chance of Sinister Key (Second/Third Killer)
    - 1/3 Drop Table of: Whip/Dark Bow/Occult Necklace/Kraken Tentacle/Onyx jewellery
    - 1/10 Drop Table of: Other drop table items.
    - 1/30 Drop Table of: Dragon Claws (May as well since they passed on OSRS).
    Last edited by Iloi5ia89; 11-10-2016 at 08:59 PM.

4. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    idk , i think no1 will even try it unless they got a pking team , also drops shud be really good to be worth trying it.

i still think duel arena / clanwars are more important updates, just take a look on this https://www.battle-scape.com/showthr...=1173#post1173 i personally think no1 gives a fuck about a chaos elemental XD

5. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Bally View Post
    1. I´d say 350-400 HP sounds like a good number.

2. 15-20 minutes.

3. I'd dare to say some sort of mysterious box, where you can get a random item from a group of items from the BM shop, these items worth could range from 10K to 300K BM, say, I get a drop and open the box, there's a posibility I could get a BCP from it.

Also coins, since it can split between four people, I consider 6-8M a fair amount, perhaps add noted food/potion drops, such as dark crabs or sara brews, noted and in large quantities (500+)

4. Considering the time it will take to respawn and the risk involved, assuming the box idea is implemented I'd say a 2 to 3% chance sounds more appropiate.

5. If possible, the person that dealt the most damage will get 6K BM, 2nd gets 4.5K, 3rd gets 3K and 4th gets 2K, if it can't be done that way, then every player who gets a drop gets 5K BM.

Notes: As I mentioned earlier, if you really plan on adding this, make obelisks work, it encourages PKers to go there instead of using the lever. I'm not totally sure if getting skulled by attacking it will be a good idea either, this needs further discussion. Make untradeables kept on death past level 20 as well.
    The only problem with this is that 500+ is 1m+ worth, which pretty much makes getting that as a drop better than getting an actual barrows item as a drop

6. Offline
    Extreme Donator
    Oct 2016
    #
    Would we be able to turn off the global message?`Or make it so it's only for players in edgeville or wilderness?

7. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2016
    #
    On the note of drops

I'm working on the assumption the Chaos elemental would respawn every 20-30 minutes

• 100% Should drop 40k BM per Kill, 100 Super Combat/Restore/Brews, 600 Dark Crab, 200 Karambwan.
    • Loot should be given to up to 5 people, each person getting 15% less from the 100% drop depending on where they placed in damage.
    • Drops from this table should be X20 faster than they currently are off their respective NPC's.

• Assuming we use the pre-existing rare drop tables from some NPC's, it consist of:

-Daganoth King Rare Table
      - Godwars Boss Rare Table
      - Wilderness Boss Rare Table
      - Corp Rare Table
      - KBD Rare Table
      - Abby Demon Rare Table
      - Smoke Devil Rare Table
      - Dark Beast Rare Table
      - Kraken Rare Table
      - Mage Arena NPC's Rare Table
      - Elder Chaos Druid Rare Table

• In regards to the rares we don't currently have but it should still drop:

- Lizard Shaman Rare Table
      - Abyssal Sire Rare Table
      - Cerberus Rare Table
      - Zulrah Rare Table?
      - Demonic Gorilla Rare Table
      - Wilderness Demi Bosses Rare Table

Quote Originally Posted by Cape View Post
    Would we be able to turn off the global message?`Or make it so it's only for players in edgeville or wilderness?
    Maybe:

• 5 Minutes before it re-spawns it sends out a Global Message alerting players "The Chaos Elemental" will re-spawn in approximately 5 minutes time".
    • When it first spawns it sends out a Global Message stating it's location.
    • Inside the quest tab would be a "Chaos Elemental" string
      - If dead, the string displays "Chaos Elemental: [Re-spawn time]
      - If alive, the string displays "Chaos Elemental: Alive". If you click the string it'd tell you the location chaos elemental is currently.
    Last edited by Iloi5ia89; 11-11-2016 at 05:55 PM.

8. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Okay so here's a rough idea with some drop rates I have set:

Most damage, 10 kills (every 20 min, 2 hours total)

2nd most damage

3rd

4th

Thoughts?

9. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2016
    #
    Are those the actual drops you received doing 10 kills? If so what are your current rates?

10. Offline
    ∏ ∐ ∑ ╱╲╳¯
    Sep 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    Okay so here's a rough idea with some drop rates I have set:

Most damage, 10 kills (every 20 min, 2 hours total)

2nd most damage

3rd

4th

Thoughts?
    looks good and i'm guessing the first picture with the range version boots will be random of the 3?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast