1. Idea(s) to help with in game economy and bring more content  - 03-12-2023 #1

Feb 2023
    #
    Ayooooo.
    Ever since I joined this server I have had an absolute blast. Community is great, the server is extremely well balanced as far as drop rates, skilling, etc.

Honestly the couple of things I have noticed that are "issues" with the server are simply the economy sucks due to the large amount of items players have vs the number of players active on the server. What I mean is there is no value in items that really should be of value to people that are new to the server trying to make money, etc. What can we do to make this not an issue and inspire people to use the grand exchange rather than using the damn "pawn shop."

1. Keep the pawn shop, but do not make things sold inside of the pawn shop available to other players to buy OR simply set a timer for the pawn shop to "empty/clear" every day/twice a day. This will rise the demand of a very large amount of items required to get by in this server. This will also encourage people to buy/sell things in the grand exchange because they cannot do so easily at the pawn shop anymore.

2. Stop giving away Abby Whips like they are candy. This is a very popular weapon especially for people new to server and irons. There are about 30 whips in every players bank because of how easy it is to obtain. This really is not a resolution to fixing the economy, but I do feel that when you take items in the game that are meant to be rather difficult to obtain and you make them as easy as bones to loot it does put a small impact on the economy and also raises question on what other items that are not suppose to be easy to obtain are easily obtainable here? It should be an item that someone is excited that they got the drop, not just "oh great another whip."

3. This 3rd idea/recommendation is probably my favorite! One way we could really help the economy in this game AND add more content to the server would be to bring "Construction" to the server. This would bring demand, value, and expense to the economy for all items required to construct. Making some items that are currently useless now items people want to buy/farm. Not only that there is a large population in the OSRS community that would love to experience Construction on a private server because they never got to experience the 1-99 grind and rewards that construction has to offer on the original OSRS.

4. My 4th idea is more of a request, as someone that works 50+ hours a week I never get the experience of world bosses because the times you have them set to are so spread apart and placed a times that someone in America working full time day job does not get to experience these unless its the weekend. Please make world/group event bosses more frequent so people that do not have the opportunity to play all day get to experience those during the week as well. I'm sure people in other countries do not experience this issue but some of us are American

Thanks for reading, hopefully you will consider some of my ideas or even give me some honest feed back on why some of these ideas will not work or are just plain bad ideas.
    -Sinseno
    Last edited by Sinseno; 03-12-2023 at 09:59 AM.

2. Offline
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Apr 2020
    #
    Welcome to the server however from you comments you kind of haven't been around that long enough since several of the thing you have mentioned are already in effect, I'll reply quickly to each of the points made.

The pawnshop is designed to keep items stability in a few ways;
    - Items have a minimum value, rather than for example whips being 500k each.
    - It helps players generate coins though doing content, this is opposed to where a Coin pouch would drop several Mil of gp.
    - It removed excess items from the gave over a time period, as will be touched on below.
    - plus more....

- The Pawnshop is emptied regularly, almost given each week without fail, sometimes 10 days depending on the need for it.

- If you could explain your Abyssal whip point in more detail, at the moment the only accounts to have Free Whips are normal accounts, who are given one for completing the Easy Training Day Dairies, which is obviously a 1 time thing.

- Construction just wont be added, there are far to many issues surrounding it for it to be implemented. This also would not really have any impact on the financial aspect of the game overall.

- By world bosses I'm assuming you mean the Jad event boss? or the Wild HP? Yeah I get that these events at the moment are static, we are looking at some form of time rotation around some of the events. Adding more with the current amount of events [remember this is not currenting including any holiday or special events] would just be too much.

3. Offline
    Feb 2023
    #
    Thanks for the quick reply!

It's unfortunate to hear construction would never be an option. However just a small loss of content and being I'm not a coder or have any clue what kind of time or stress it would add on your end I can understand your decision.

I never noticed the pawn shop got emptied so thanks for the clarification on that.

And thanks for explaining the role that the pawn shops plays in depth, I was not sure 100% the goal of it other than it being a General Store more or less. It definitely does help hold items to a minimal value.

The Abyssal Whip while playing in the server just seemed to come in abundance in just the short period I have played is all I mean. It seems to be kind of under valued but honestly my comment on that is only an opinion based off of somebody coming back to a game that has not played in a relatively long time. Everything loses value, new items have come out so obviously the whip has lost value compared to what I'm use too. Ignore my comment on the whip, I guess I just needed to have somebody ask me to explain it to work that out in my head lol.
    You are correct, I have not been around long enough to see all of the things that are in effect.

Thanks again for the reply and warm welcome, have a good week!

4. Offline
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Apr 2020
    #
    The idea of giving new users a whip is just something to give them a boost to get them started on their accounts, Different games with have different eco mechanics where some may be heavily inflated, items costing 100s of bills ect.

There are alot of whips in game but its a very common item, last thing we want to new users struggling to get almost basic gear on an RSPS.

The Easy Training Day Diary gives new users 5m GP and a Whip, It doesn't take long to complete and helps give the new users that quick bump to be able to afford the basic necessities to get them started.

Closed Thread