1. Well of Goodwill Predictability  - 03-09-2023 #1

Nov 2022
    #
    It would be nice for the Well of Goodwill boost to be a bit more predictable. As life gets busier, it's quite frustrating for the 1 hour I can manage to Bskep to be stuck on Giant Mole boost. I know this is a personal opinion but my point is, I believe knowing our options would benefit everyone. Having some predictability with the Wells would motivate players to log on for a specific boost and allow friends or even clan events to plan around the boosts.

A couple options/suggestions on how this can be implemented:

1) A consistent Well for each hour of the day (For example, Slayer at 7pm, Raids at 8pm, Experience at 9pm etc...)

2) The same recurring order of Wells to make predicting it easy (For example, experience always after slayer, then cox, tob etc...)

3) Having a line under the Well boost that shows "Next Boost" so one can plan for the next hour.

4) The easiest option would probably just be to release how the Well boost is determined and posting it so that we know when each boost is anticipated. Is it randomized? Is it a list?

Not to mention, this would incentivize players to donate to the Well, stabilize the economy etc.

Thank you for reading.
    Last edited by Yop; 03-09-2023 at 11:04 PM.

2. Offline
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Apr 2020
    #
    You seem to be abit confused with what the boosts are.

There is a Well of Goodwill Boost and a Random Boss Boost are separate boosts.

The well has 8 different types of boosts it can supply [minigames, experience, godwars ect], while the boss boosts have every boss in the game [a single boss].

The well is just a random global boost, to allow players to participate in Boosted activities randomly throughout the day. If you want a static boost for the boss you want to kill purchase a 1.25x boost scroll from the Bond store, this way no matter what you can gain a drop boost on the npc you and your friends are doing, rather than relying on only doing it when the Well is on.

Each boost is equally weighted and complete random to be selected at the end of each hour. There is no set time for each different boost nor would there ever be, nor would be add it in a static rotation.

A [next boost] option isn't viable too as the boost as mentioned above is just random upon the change, not to mention these can be affected by other means from higher staff.

3. Offline
    Nov 2022
    #
    Thanks for the clarification, would it be possible to remove or replace some of the less popular boss boosts?

For example we could replace them with a Wilderness boost (extra blood money), have a skilling boost where resources gathered have a chance at being doubled or not consumed (stacks with relics) or amalgamate all the wilderness bosses into 1 boost instead.

Just some sort of update would be nice because I find some of the boss boosts to be dead content for most of the community, and for the niche individuals that are grinding those bosses they could pop the 25% scrolls instead of punishing the whole community, respectively.

One reason that makes OSRS so successful is that they poll updates to the community and I believe if we polled this the players would also agree. I understand we don't have even a fraction of their capacity but I think this would be a relatively simple update (i.e. replacing some boss boosts)
    Last edited by Yop; 03-10-2023 at 08:38 AM.

4. Offline
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Apr 2020
    #
    No, none of the boosts will be replaced or altered, the 8 boosts for the well will remain and wont be altered. This was reduced from approx 16 previously. And the singular boss boost would not be touched, changing or clumping bosses together in this is just a solid no, and it would be removed before this was ever a thing. This is simply an extra bonus.

- All of the wilderness bosses are already under the Wilderness Bosses boost.

- The hourly boost is 1 single boss from the list of all bosses, this is 1 random boss, and will not be clumped together.

- The Boosts are already beneficial to stack with other effects, the skilling boosts will not give you extra resources, that would just defeat the purpose of relics.

- The "dead content" bosses you are referring to are probably wildy content/bosses, which yeah not alot of people do. However this will soon change with upcoming updates so again wont be touched.

There is nothing to Poll.

5. Offline
    Mar 2021
    #
    Its all fun and games but when toa

Closed Thread