1. Offline
    Jan 2023
    #
    Hello! I have recently started playing battle-scape and I need to say that I am a bit lost. I have played casually original RS nearly 20 years ago and I fell in love with the crafting system there. Because of nostalgia I wanted to reexperience that but I am not a masochist so I decided to try battle-scape. It feels great but I am under impression that for the vast majority of players everything is well known while I am unable to find any reliable source of information. I started with mining and smithing and I have a lot of fun with that but I feel bad because I have bought two coal bags and it seems only one works per account. I went exploring to cities and locations but it seems that a lot of stuff is disabled. I had a lot of trouble with starting combat training as it seems that the option to fight a man in home is broken (and not hidden). In a tutorial I saw that you can fight chicken but I tried to attack the ones on the north (still in home location) but the result was the same. Finally, with some help I was able to start but still I cannot figure out what gear should I use, how to compare stats of items (it seems that some attributes are hidden - I cannot find in game information that my mining gloves help with mining) or how to estimate which threat is the adequate challenge for my character. I want to start runecrafting and alchemy but how to make the first step is unclear to me (do I need to go to wilderness to hunt for amulet? Isn’t it too dangerous because of PK?). Of course I can ask in game but I feel that more often than not I don’t know proper questions and I will waste a lot of time of people who are going to try to help me (and probably they will get bored before they can actually help). Therefore I wonder if there is anything that can help noobs like me and if not if we can start noob’s FAQ (as the normal FAQ covers topics which are too advanced for me).

2. Offline
    Administrator
    Administrator
    Apr 2020
    #
    If you go to the guides section there is plenty of information about how to start different skills and activities, along with a breakdown of whats what and whos where at the home area.

3. Offline
    Jan 2023
    #
    That’s the first thing that I did but as I said there are a lot of things which were omitted in these guides - hence examples in my post above. And not all skills are covered by guides. Furthermore, when I tried to google answers to my questions outside of this forum I got answers which seem not applicable here (as when I try to apply them nothing interesting happens).

Closed Thread