1. Hit Chance Data Collection #2  - 01-06-2017 #1

Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Since there's been a lot of doubt about whether or not our combat system is like OSRS, here's the time to collect a higher amount of data now that we have the players to do it. Original thread.

Make sure to use the accurate attack style. Take down as many hits as possible. The more hits, the more accurate it'll be to use as comparison data. Whatever you do, make sure you include to total hits you did for each style AND how many hits were successful. Also include both players levels!
    For example, 50 out of 100 range hits were successful is the type of data I need from this.

What's important when testing on OSRS:
    • Include both players combat skill levels (boosts included), and accuracy and defence bonuses used
    • If against a monster, just include it's name and combat level (still include your own stats!)
    • Include number of hits successful over total number of hits tested

The only thing I need is your player's stats and bonuses, along with your opponent's stats and bonuses. The original test was run to see if any combat style was given hidden boosts (for example, since ranged tends to be easier to max out the accuracy bonus, there was some debate about whether the accuracy was secretly nerfed in combat - confirmed it is not). If you do the test against a monster, simply include it's name and I can pull up it's stats myself.

TLDR
    Below is for OSRS testing, not BattleScape testing.
    Post your attack level and accuracy bonus
    If against a player, include defense level/bonus and their attack level/bonus and defense level/bonus.
    Post the number of hits successful and the total number of hits you did
    Last edited by Palidino; 01-06-2017 at 03:30 PM.

2. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    Does this even matter for pvming aswell, because its obvious bosses have far too high defence compared to all the high tier gear we are using.

3. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    sounds too complicated for any1 to do accurately, just increase the accuracy a bit and jobs a good ONE BRO

4. Offline
    Sep 2016
    #
    In this case, 50-100 hits is too small of a small size because you want your error to be as small as possible.

5. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by wildyguy9 View Post
    sounds too complicated for any1 to do accurately, just increase the accuracy a bit and jobs a good ONE BRO
    How so? If using melee against General Graardor for example:
    Post your attack level and accuracy bonus
    Post the number of hits successful and the total number of hits you did

Then I take that, run tests on my end, and compare to submitted OSRS results.

6. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Terror View Post
    In this case, 50-100 hits is too small of a small size because you want your error to be as small as possible.
    I agree but the first time around the difference was so insignificant that I don't expect any submitted results to be off enough to matter from what our game produces.

7. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2016
    #
    All the complaint threads are being made by RSPS players, the main teams who played this & OSRS have already said the combat is very similar. This is a waste of time & you're being stupid to listen to the RSPS players

The only explanation I can give for the PVM accuracy is that Jagex has a "Weakness" system for Specific NPC'S, for example dragons are weak to stab attacks. This gives stab attack styles vs them a certain accuracy increase on OSRS that players don't get on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Terror View Post
    I already did this with like 1.5k hits, combat is fine. RSPS players that haven't actually played OSRS for an extensive period complaining because they don't know what the actual games combat system is like.

8. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Deity View Post
    All the complaint threads are being made by RSPS players, the main teams who played this & OSRS have already said the combat is very similar. This is a waste of time & you're being stupid to listen to the RSPS players
    I can run comparison tests to results submitted at about 30 seconds per entry lol, so the only time waste will be anyone going on OSRS to gather the data which I expect will match running the same test here. I just start my code which takes the both player/monsters stats, runs it through the combat hit chance code I use x amount of times, and outputs the total number of hits vs misses.

To your edit: Green dragons for example have 20 stab defense vs 40 for slash and crush. Only weakness system is that monsters don't have a global defense bonus against everything.
    Last edited by Palidino; 01-06-2017 at 03:34 PM.

9. Offline
    Nov 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Deity View Post

The only explanation I can give for the PVM accuracy is that Jagex has a "Weakness" system for Specific NPC'S, for example dragons are weak to stab attacks. This gives stab attack styles vs them a certain accuracy increase on OSRS that players don't get on here.
    No he's not being stupid there's a large number of people complaining about it, multiple threads asking for a change

A lot of them claim also that they play 07, so here is an opportunity for them to help out. (Not saying you're wrong or right)
    Last edited by Edmond; 01-06-2017 at 03:35 PM.

10. Offline
    🇳🇴 🇱🇮🇫🇪
    Oct 2016
    #
    Regardless of all your opinions, Zilyana and Venenatis have ridiculous defence

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast