1. Suggestion for character creation  - 07-08-2020 #1

Feb 2018
    #
    I have a simple but game-changing suggestion

If you want to play a girl character you should be required to provide evidence that you are a girl in real life. Something like a birth certificate or timestamped selfie with username as verification should be enough.

Why is this important? Because some people could be misled by girl characters assuming that the real-life player is also a girl, and consequently become emotionally invested in this person only to have them turn out to be some ugly man, this I'm sure has caused many people to quit playing. So this would increase the player base because we could advertise ourselves as the first runescape private server that has confirmed female players.

Please let me know what you think! And if this passes, I volunteer to be the head of the girl confirmation moderator team.

Cheers!

2. Offline
    Feb 2020
    #
    Agree.

3. Offline
    Dec 2017
    #
    Lucy Hale says that She agrees.

4. Offline
    Dec 2020
    #
    Please tell me this suggestion is a joke

"Because some people could be misled by girl characters assuming that the real-life player is also a girl, and consequently become emotionally invested in this person only to have them turn out to be some ugly man, this I'm sure has caused many people to quit playing."

So to start, a real girl can scam people too silly, or waste their time/get people emotionally invested/ hurt them deepy and cause them to quit playing...but
    Isn't that kind of on the person getting emotionally invested and putting their trust in someone they honestly should know better not to (and will learn better not to in the future)

Its fine to make relationships and bonds w people online and putting trust in your internet friends however if you fall for some fake (or real) e-girl scamming then that's kind of on you.

"So this would increase the player base because we could advertise ourselves as the first runescape private server that has confirmed female players."

Jesus that almost sounds orwellian- yes lets have a special privileged class of players that are incentivized by nothing more than their gender. I'm sure that wouldn't backfire.

I know this may seem harsh but for real I am hoping this is just a joke thats going over my head and not a real suggestion. You do not wanna open the can of worms that comes with seriously considering what you're suggesting.

Closed Thread