1. Bringing back the pet shop  - 05-19-2020 #1

Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    Considering the weak state of item flow in the game, thought that bringing back the pet shop which back then only included the GWD pets would be a good idea. This time I added a few more obtainable boss pets in exchange of their respective drops.

Hope people understand why I seperated ironmen from the non-ironmen. Just the fact that, for example, bandos tassets can be purchased for however much they cost now, while on the other hand ironmen possibly need to go over 500-1000 killcount just to get that one specific item.

Pretty sure this would be a good addition to the game and it would bring more demand to less useful items and in the end even if not many people would buy these pets, any bit of item sink would help the game imo.
    Just want to hear if these item amounts seem reasonable, because for the most part its what you would get by going dry for a pet at its respective droprate with a bit extra for normal mode people.

Also, I left some of the boss pets out, considering stuff like mole, kraken, wildy demi-bosses, etc. are not generally that hard to get or they just dont have any decent drops that you would exchange it for.

Normal mode:

Pet dagannoth rex: x50 berserker ring, x50 warrior ring, x50 dragon axe
    Pet dagannoth prime: x50 seers ring, x50 mud battlestaff, x50 dragon axe
    Pet dagannoth supreme: x50 archers ring, x50 seercull, x50 dragon axe

Pet Zilyana: x20 saradomin sword, x10 armadyl crossbow, x5 saradomin godsword
    Pet General Graador: x10 bandos boots, x10 bandos tassets, x10 bandos chestplate, x5 bandos godsword
    Pet K'ril tsutsaroth: x20 steam battlestaff, x15 zamorakian spear, x5 staff of the dead, x5 zamorak godsword
    Pet kree'arra: x10 armadyl helmet, x10 armadyl chestplate, x10 armadyl chainskirt, x5 armadyl godsword

Abyssal orphan: x50 abyssal whip, x5 abyssal bludgeon, x5 abyssal dagger, x3 abyssal head
    Hellpuppy: x10 primordial boots/crystal, x10 pegasian boots/crystal, x10 eternal boots/crystal, x10 smouldering stone, x1 Turbogun soul
    Pet dark core: x1 elysian spirit shield, x2 arcane spirit shield, x3 spectral spirit shield
    Noon/Midnight: x50 granite maul, x20 granite gloves, x20 granite ring, x10 granite hammer, x5 guardian boots
    Vorki: x50 vorkaths head, x10 dragonbone necklace, x5 dragonfire shield, x5 dragonfire ward
    Ikkle Hydrak: x10 brimstone ring, x10 hydras tail, x10 hydras leather/ferocious gloves, x3 hydras claw/dragon hunter lance

Olmlet: x1 twisted bow, x1 kodai wand/insignia, x1 elder maul, x2 dragon claws, x2 ancestral sets, x2 dihns bulwark, x3 dragonhunter crossbow, x3 twisted buckler, x3 arcane prayer scroll, x3 dexterous prayer scroll

Ironman:

Pet dagannoth rex: x30 berserker ring, x30 warrior ring, x30 dragon axe
    Pet dagannoth prime: x30 seers ring, x30 mud battlestaff, x30 dragon axe
    Pet dagannoth supreme: x30 archers ring, x30 seercull, x30 dragon axe

Pet Zilyana: x10 saradomin sword, x5 armadyl crossbow, x2 saradomin godsword
    Pet General Graador: x3 bandos boots, x3 bandos tassets, x3 bandos chestplate, x2 bandos godsword
    Pet K'ril tsutsaroth: x10 steam battlestaff, x5 zamorakian spear, x2 staff of the dead, x2 zamorak godsword
    Pet kree'arra: x3 armadyl helmet, x3 armadyl chestplate, x3 armadyl chainskirt, x2 armadyl godsword

Abyssal orphan: x30 abyssal whip, x2 abyssal bludgeon, x2 abyssal dagger, x3 abyssal head
    Hellpuppy: x3 primordial boots/crystal, x3 pegasian boots/crystal, x3 eternal boots/crystal, x3 smouldering stone, x1 Turbogun soul
    Pet dark core: x1 elysian spirit shield, x1 arcane spirit shield, x1 spectral spirit shield
    Noon/Midnight: x30 granite maul, x5 granite gloves, x5 granite ring, x3 granite hammer, x2 guardian boots
    Vorki: x50 vorkaths head, x3 dragonbone necklace, x3 dragonfire shield, x1 dragonfire ward
    Ikkle Hydrak: x5 brimstone ring, x5 hydras tail, x5 hydras leather/ferocious gloves, x2 hydras claw/dragon hunter lance

Olmlet: x1 twisted bow, x1 kodai wand/insignia, x1 elder maul, x1 dragon claws, x1 ancestral sets, x1 dihns bulwark, x1 dragonhunter crossbow, x1 twisted buckler, x1 arcane prayer scroll, x1 dexterous prayer scroll

2. Offline
    Dec 2019
    #
    i think this idea is very good and i would like to see this implemented into the game but i think you should make it so drop rates and prices are taken into account for instance 3 spectral's are not the same as 1 elysian.
    other then that this idea is very good and i hope it does get passed to come into game as soon as possible

3. Offline
    Feb 2019
    #

4. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Nipsu View Post
    Ye well, prolly can remove corp pet from the list cause of for how long it was bugged + w/e multiplied pets after that.

5. Offline
    Apr 2020
    #
    Meh. Honestly pets should only be gained from boss killing. Normies could just buy a lot of those items for cheap and it's not the same thing as getting the pet yourself. For the Olm pet, your suggestion is outrageous. Even an ironman wouldn't give up all those items when you could probably get the pet by then with those amount of items. I just don't think this is a good suggestion.

6. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Another View Post
    Meh. Honestly pets should only be gained from boss killing.
    You know that pet box is a thing, right?

Normies could just buy a lot of those items for cheap and it's not the same thing as getting the pet yourself.
    I'd rather have very few people buy these items "for cheap" (whatever that means), than have no item sinks in game at all. Waiting the next reset btw. Also, nobody really gives a single fuck about how someone else gets a pet.

Even an ironman wouldn't give up all those items when you could probably get the pet by then with those amount of items.
    Congratz, that's the dumbest thing I've heard all day. I'm just gonna let you think about this one ;D

7. Offline
    Jan 2017
    #
    Lmfao Essay for rsps

8. Offline
    Apr 2020
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorphis View Post
    You know that pet box is a thing, right?

I'd rather have very few people buy these items "for cheap" (whatever that means), than have no item sinks in game at all. Waiting the next reset btw. Also, nobody really gives a single fuck about how someone else gets a pet.

Congratz, that's the dumbest thing I've heard all day. I'm just gonna let you think about this one ;D

Yes, Just use a pet box for your pets. Done. I could care less about how someone get's a pet but I think you only suggest this as it mainly benefits you.
    And that was not the dumbest thing I've ever said. If I only have 1 tbow, why the hell would I want to give it up for a pet that I most likely will get by the time I finish all my raids? Like in general stupid. I know it used to be there for godwars bosses but I think you should just go spend 400 bonds fella.

9. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    Yes, Just use a pet box for your pets. Done. I could care less about how someone get's a pet but I think you only suggest this as it mainly benefits you.
    And that was not the dumbest thing I've ever said. If I only have 1 tbow, why the hell would I want to give it up for a pet that I most likely will get by the time I finish all my raids? Like in general stupid. I know it used to be there for godwars bosses but I think you should just go spend 400 bonds fella.
    Ah, so now you're saying that ironmen can buy pet boxes? That's a new one.
    Also, how in the fuck does this benefit me in any way? I couldn't give to shits about pets. I want items out of the game so they are worth something, which also doesn't affect me since I dont play normal mode.

You really dont get it, do you? If someone actually is trying to get a pet and they go dry for it over the droprate and now they're stuck with double the set of the items from, for example, raids. What now? Who said I'm forcing you to give up your only raids items for a pet? I'm literally just giving you an option in case you want that pet and you go 500 or w/e raids dry for it and now you have the option to exchange the dupes you've gotten.
    For both normal and ironman modes, the main goal is to add an item sink, because most of the ironman dupes will end up in the normal mode eco anyways.

10. Offline
    Oct 2017
    #
    I thought shop got removed cause like only 4 people used it? I mean I guess it might, maybe, help a little bit with an item sink, but I doubt the people who hoard these items care about pets. Especially since the prices on these are kind of steep... seeing how it can take like 500 kc just to get 1 gwd item for some or like a thousand at corp for 1 sigil, of course it's all rng but there's clearly pattern data missing, besides maybe a couple. I understand this is for an item sink, but out of curiosity what items are you sinking for a pet? (unless you're not buying a pet and this is for the people you know will sink their items?)

I mean if we want to accurately target an item sink will need some analytics of all current items in-game, how many of those are items are bought/sold in addition to the frequency these items are traded. The rarity of new items coming into the game from PvMing(drop rates help with this data a bit, but rng so drop rates can be innacurate)/PKing/Boxes/Votes/BM and the frequency of these items obtained over time on that as well. Then would need to account for playerbase shrinking and growing every now and then and would need to reanalyze numbers often based on that too. So maybe a few months/a year of data might help. Can go from there after that. It just kinda seems like alot of info this is based on is assumed off experience and no real numbers. Not to question your knowledge of the game, but if this is soley based on an item sink I think we can do alot better at trying to find a more accurate answer.

Sadly, I'm not sure anyone is willing to get all those numbers and compile them to be analyzed for an item sink. However I am willing to work with anyone that could get me those numbers. I'm all for a boss pet shop, but I feel the prices need to be adjusted from much more complex data for things to be fair. Or maybe I'm being too much of a serious-andy. sorry for the essay. Just ignore me if this is going too deep, i had too much time this morning.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast