1. Throwback to my deleted twisted bow achievement post  - 1 Week Ago #1

Feb 2018
    #
    I just found out I still have saved the original text of my twisted bow post that was deleted by a (corrupt) mod. Unfortunately, I don't have the original image that accompanied the text. Please enjoy anyways!

No, your eyes are not deceiving you. In my hands, I wield the Twisted bow. If you can't tell from the screenshot, I am an Ironman. Why is that important you ask? Itís important because it means that I had to earn this Twisted bow all by myself. That means no outside help. No trading other players. No taking donations. No picking up loot from drop parties. I had none of these advantages that the average player enjoys. It took 15,000 boss slayer points to obtain this beauty. I have exactly 100 boss slayer tasks completed. Do you have any idea how long this took me or the sacrifices I had to make? *chuckles to self* Iíve been grinding for this bow for months. It was a long, painful and arduous journey. But Iím not one to back down from a challenge. I look into the eyes of the storm and say ďBring it on." The challenge drove me to madness. I would be thinking about the twisted bow all day. Every day. I would dream of it. There were nights when I dreamt I held the sweet bow. I would sometimes wake up after dreaming I had obtained the bow, only to have it crushed as the dawn broke and my alarm clock would remind me that it was all a dream. But It felt so damn real. Sometimes I would convince myself that It was real, and I would wake up and immediately go to log in to check my bank. There the search option would show up empty. But not as empty as my heart. However, now that the journey is over, I can take a break. For a while. Knowing myself, I'll be out there grinding out another near impossible goal. There were many bumps along the road. Some of them more like brick walls. I recall the final stretch before getting the bow. I remember the mad scramble to finish the final tasks I needed. It all started a few days ago when I was reading the patch notes. Palidino had announced that raids had been released. I felt a sharp pain in my heart as I read through the patch notes. My eyes quickly scanning through the text. A bead of sweat dripping down my face. The moment was so tense that I was just holding my breath. Finally, I had found it. Palidino's notes on the items. Nearly paralyzed, I began to read. He mentioned that soon the raids items would be removed from the store and instead be awarded for completing raids. The 'Spider-Man 2' main title song began to play in my head. I knew my time was short. I immediately logged into Battle-scape. I was sitting around 13,500 boss slayer points. I knew it wasn't gonna be easy, but I knew it was possible. So I buckled down and mentally prepped myself for what was to come. I kissed my 10/10 girlfriend and told her that I would need to not be disturbed for the next few hours. She understood and nodded her head. So, the race against time had now begun. I had a task in progress. The dreaded Saradomin boss. A treacherous and unforgiving foe. But one that would eventually kneel before my might. I was alone, as most other people were preoccupied with raids. Using my superior mechanics, I managed to defeat the boss (32 times). This had brought me to 95 completed boss slayer tasks. I wiped the sweat off my brow and immediately asked for another task. I was lucky this time. Only 7 crazy archaeologists. A childish task. I slaughtered the Indiana Jones fraud with ease. This task gave me great hope. With a refreshed perspective and a new found strength, I went back to the edgeville bank to ask for another task. My heart sank into my stomach. I was given abyssal sires. I had never before completed an abyssal sire task before. Mostly because the forum guide is so shit, but that's not the point. I quickly opened my bank and withdrew my voting tickets. I had 6 left. I cancel the task and pray to get something more reasonable. I get 15 Armadyl kills assigned instead. I was ambivalent. On the one hand, I would need to get 40 kill count before even one Kree'ara drops to the ground. On the other, Kree was one of the easier God bosses. Especially if there was another person there to help. I lucked out. Once I had gotten the kill count, I was pleasantly surprised to find two other people at Kree. The task was a breeze. I was even awarded the Armadly chainskirt, even though it was a duplicate. I quickly teleport out and request another task. Vet'ion. A wilderness foe. And not a very pleasant one. Thankfully, I had my trusty Saradomin Godsword. I cut his down. 15 times in a row, just like I was told to do. I was closing in on 100 tasks. I knew I was in store for a massive pay off when I hit three digits. But I had to stop dreaming and focus on the task at hand. What I've noticed not only from myself but from others is that they will let themselves be engulfed by big dreams. There's nothing wrong with dreaming big, but when you resort to escapism by only imagining your life after said goal is achieved is not healthy. You need to have a healthy balance and not let the big city dreams distract you from the here and now. If you want to be a doctor, you focus on it one exam at a time, one assignment at a time and one day at a time. You break your larger goal into smaller goals. And you should take pride in accomplishing each one of these small steps. Then one day you will be able to look back and reflect on the journey while being able to enjoy the fruits of your labor. But I digress. I, again, ask for another task. This time the mighty Cerberus. A task that greatly annoyed me. Cerberus was not your average boss. He requires your full attention. There's no looking away from the big dog. I could have voted, thereby getting more tickets to cancel the task. However, I didn't want to risk getting an even worse task. I knew how to defeat Cerberus. It was better just to bite the bullet and complete that task. I had a few close calls, but I managed to finish the task. This brought me to 99. One more task. I knew I had to finish this last task soon. Palidino, being the loose cannon that he is, could remove the items from the shop at any time. I took a sip of coffee, rolled up my sleeves and got what would be the final task of my journey. Vet'ion, again. Only 10 of them this time. I was relieved. It could have been worse. I geared up and headed into the wilderness. Time seemed to slow down with each kill. As if a cruel joke was being played against me by God. I was getting impatient. I was getting sloppy. I stood up from my chair, stretched hard and did a few jumping jacks. I needed it to clear my mind. I get back in my seat and resume killing. Finally, as the last Vet'ion drops, I feel sweet ecstasy warm my entire body from head to toe. I began to run, to run faster than I've ever run. I used my amulet of glory to teleport to edgeville as soon as I hit level 30 wilderness. I opened the boss slayer rewards shop. There it was. Still there. A beautiful sight for my sore eyes. Yet, I hesitated, my mouse cursor hovering over the buy option for the twisted bow. What was wrong? Well, nothing, frankly. That was exactly the problem. I almost couldn't believe it was over. Was this just another dream? Was I about to wake up in the middle of the night, drenched in sweat dazed and confused? Maybe I was just afraid. The twisted bow was consuming my life. It was my white whale. What other men feared became my greatest obsession. I know now how Alexander felt, as he wept before his great empire, for there were no more lands left for him to conquer. Was I following in the path of men such as Alexander the Great and Leif Erikson? Perhaps. They were dreamers, like I. They were explorers and fighters. They had soft hearts of hard stone, as all great men before and since them. But there was one difference between me and the great men of history. One difference that set me apart from them. Something that which all you reading this have in common. It's the fact that our stories are not very finished. As long as we draw breath on this earth we are writing our stories. Regardless of the path you're on now, you have the opportunity to write a new chapter in the book of your life every day. So my point is, your story is not over. You have the gift of life. And it IS a gift. And how, exactly, do you take full advantage of this gift you may ask? You participate in life. You make of your life a model that people will remember and talk about long after your gone. With this final thought in mind, I finally purchased my white whale. My precious. My obsession. My twisted bow.

2. Offline
    Sep 2019
    #
    word on the street is bill pierce is a simp.

- bob pierce

Reply to Thread