1. Kalaquer presents to you, the creation of OldSchool Battlescape!  - 01-28-2020 #1

Dec 2018
    #

Oldschool Battlescape

Introduction

It's been a while since we've all had fun as pkers. You can deny it and say whatever you want, but the prime of pking is over. It's all about 3 way switches, dd'ing and hugging objects. Tribrid 'nh' staking is the 2020 version of Pking. People are slowly losing interest in the actual game because of Pking being just not being fun anymore. I hereby introduce a more 'simple' Pking game that would bring the 'Fun' times back!

What period of time am I talking about?

The best time in Pking was purely the release of OSRS 2007 version. I hereby mean no items past godwars. I think corp. beast could indeed be polled but let's have a word about this period of time first. I think taking a look at gear, barrows and other medium tier variants of items should be easy to obtain throughout pking and doing barrows minigame and slayer. Higher tier weapons and equipable items (Dragonfire shield, bandos, armadyl, godswords, armadyl crossbow, staff of the dead) should be obtainable strictly through bossing.

What sort of game do you suggest?

I suggest a PKing game where pvmers will play their role aswell. No more raids and such. Pvmers will find their place by killing wilderness and regular world bosses. The items obtained from these will only be obtained from these bosses. Skilling wouldn't play any role, would even remove the possibility to leave the home location next to all wilderness locations and minigames/bosses.

How will Pking work?
    1. Wilderness slayer
    Wilderness slayer will play a good role in making money. Larran's keys will still be obtainable throughout slaying monsters in wilderness. Aswell with boosted coindrops. These keys could be opened, not to obtain skilling items, but to obtain pking supplies (potions, good food, chances of infinity pieces, mage's books, master wands, dragon square shield and a lot medium tier weaponry and equipment). There will be a chance to obtain the old artifacts again, for those who don't remember them.
    > Broken statue headdress, third age carafe, bronzed dragon claw, saradomin amphora, bandos scrimshaw, saradomin carving, zamorak medallion, armadyl totem, guthixcian brazier, ruby chalice, bandos statuette,...

These could be exchanged at a PVP NPC at home for a cash reward.

2. Pking itself
    We can implement the EP system again. This EP % would grow faster to 100% if you're deeper in the wilderness. Mage bank area being a hotspot for it constantly.
    When you reach 100% EP you'll be getting a guaranteed dropchance of a PVP artifact or two (randomly based). This makes pking at magebank active again! Next to battlemages dropping master wands and mage books ofcourse.

3. Wilderness bosses
    Wilderness bosses will drop their OSRS drops. There would be a second droptable added to them, where you'll have the chance to obtain PVP artifacts. The points you'll get for completing a slayer task would be a lot higher as normal slayer aswell. These points could be spend on a lot of nice items (rune pouch, potion packs, food packs, rune packs and random barrows item crate or a mage arena crate).

Skilling

Skilling won't be playing a big role, since the game itself will be PK related. This doesn't mean some skills won't be in the game.

Thieving > You'll be able to thieve guards, paladins and ardougne knights in the wilderness (axe hut, pirate hut, bandit camp). These will give cash rewards.

Agility
    > You'll be able to do the wilderness agility course after getting level 53 at gnome agility course. This wilderness course will get your agility level high, so you'll safe run energy when running around. Also a coin reward per completed lap might make it a decent way of making money.

Fishing > Since sharks will be the main fish used to pk with, you'll be able to obtain manta rays/dark crabs from fishing in wilderness. Wilderness resource area will contain fishing spots for this kind of fish.

More suggestions for every skill in wilderness could be edited into this later, but for now, I wouldn't want to many working skills in the game.

How will untradeables be obtained?

Untradeables will be obtained through wilderness slayer points. The slayer shop will contain fighter torso, fire capes and all barbarian assault hats. Rune defender /dragon defender will be obtained from warrior's guild, like it's always been. Void will be bought with slayer points aswell (a lot of points). God capes will be free of charge!

What items will not be in the game?

1. New god capes
    2. Zulrah items
    3. Anti - venom potions
    4. All raid equipment
    5. All hydra items
    6. PVP weapons
    7. Vorkath items
    8. No prayer scrolls since piety will be best prayer again!

Some video's of what PKers actually want and miss!

How will you profit of this game @Palidino?

> Monthly membership that gives boosts that aren't totally broken and don't affect economy to much.
    > Donations for untradeables.

You might all think that this version of runescape didn't have content, for old pkers who still think this way PKing is 'Fun', there's enough content!
    Pking doesn't need content, it's fun by itself and no updates are really needed. Updates in wilderness are the only thing that could be implemented!

Some home location idea I've made, yes @Conquer people let's all have a laugh :P

Last edited by Aurelia; 01-28-2020 at 08:08 AM.

2. Offline
    Dec 2018
    #
    I support! It's time Palidino listens! This doesn't mean a battlescape reset, this will just be made as a secondary game! I'll even pay for the new webhost 'www.oldschoolbs.com' !!! Riot!!

3. Offline
    Feb 2019
    #
    Support

4. Offline
    ;;:););););););;:0:);););
    Dec 2016
    #
    Support

5. Offline
    Dec 2016
    #
    Support, can't see it happening sadly.

6. Offline
    Feb 2019
    #
    T_armo supports this as hard as my dick is.

7. Offline
    Jan 2020
    #
    " It's all about 3 way switches, dd'ing and hugging objects. Tribrid 'nh' staking is the 2020 version of Pking. People are slowly losing interest in the actual game because of Pking being just not being fun anymore"

This nigga and this Team are delusional, It's the meta, Get with it, Happens on 07 You randoms, Singles/deeps it fucking happens every where, RSPS HEROS BabyRage DD BabyRage Hugging, gtf out off here Dumb rats

8. Offline
    Feb 2019
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by 69696969 View Post
    " It's all about 3 way switches, dd'ing and hugging objects. Tribrid 'nh' staking is the 2020 version of Pking. People are slowly losing interest in the actual game because of Pking being just not being fun anymore"

This nigga and this Team are delusional, It's the meta, Get with it, Happens on 07 You randoms, Singles/deeps it fucking happens every where, RSPS HEROS BabyRage DD BabyRage Hugging, gtf out off here Dumb rats
    This guy obviously new to the game

9. Offline
    Dec 2018
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by 69696969 View Post

The meta in 2020 because the game released items to powerfull for the combat system created years ago, if you think it's normal to be able to barrage 41's you should actually rethink your life.

10. Offline
    Feb 2019
    #
    Supportttttt

Closed Thread