1. Offline
    Apr 2019
    #
    Some Suggestions for the new donator zone that's being worked on, For a lot of skills. I don't know the sizing of it at all, but here are some suggestions. I'll rank them as Small, Medium, or Large depending on how big it's decided to make. This I believe will be the MOST effective per size. Each skill will be given a letter from the alphabet, for example Prayer is (A), Runecrafting is (B), and so on and so forth, and will be categorized by size accordingly.

(A)Prayer -
    Better Altar, Quality of that of the Chaos Temple one or somewhat like it

(B)Runecrafting -
    Access to Item that can bring you to Death, but maybe/Not maybe blood runes.

(C)Agility - Small Course available at level 65, when it starts to get grindy

(D)Herblore - This is a tough one, Full Non-tradeable shop for Herbs (So donator's can't just sell it off to non-donators)

(E)Thieving - Stall at level 80 where items are dropped as soon as you click it, however EACH click costs 1 hp, making it much more difficult to bot, but can still be done by regular players. The XP would be more efficient than the (at level) stall

(F)Crafting - Full stall for crafting, Gems up to Dragonstone (Untradeable) , Hides up to Black

(G)Fletching / Firemaking - Logs up to Yew/Magic. This I think would be difficult to Price, as the market value would shift in the G.E. as well, providing it ineffective for f2p players to grind it out and sell it, as prices would be marked slightly above the donator price.

(H)Mining -
    Ores up to Rune, higher volume in all rocks with decreased chance of it being depleted, and faster rates for it to respawn (Or just always not-depleted)

(I)Smithing - Furnace and anvil, with shop for Hammers

(J)Fishing - Full access area for fishing, all the way up.

(K)Cooking - Simple area to cook next to fishing

(L)Woodcutting - Same idea as mining, However trees are just Yew / Magic as construction is not a skill so theres no need for lower-level logs in bulk

(M)Farming - Faster rates of growth, available compost

(N)Slayer - Slayer master with better tasks, less chance for ****** tasks like killing cave horrors when you're level 89 slayer.

Small -
    (A, E, F, H, I, J, K, L, M, N)
    Medium-
    (A, B, D, E,F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N)
    Large-
    All of the above

Other ideas include the Full shops with discounted prices, Small G.E. Location, Damage dummies, and dono untradeable items (Like my favorite, the crystal bow).

Thank you for looking at my suggestions, I believe the most difficult issue is with the new donator only shops is the pricing of all of it and understanding what the changes will do to F2P and making them non-exploitable (I.E. Herbs)

2. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    Ty very much for your suggestions They are thorough and well thought out.

3. Offline
    Aug 2019
    #
    A very nice suggestion, Although the death talisman does teleport you directly to the death alter.

A slayer master that you can select maybe 8-12 tasks that you want to do and ignoring the rest, that way you still randomly get tasks but the ones you want, would be a good idea for the slayer feature for donors.
    Figured i'd throw an idea in myself aswell.

But overall, some good ideas in the mix. Thanks for your input!

4. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    About slayer - you could probably just change around the task weights for whatever donator rank you are, by increasing the "good" tasks and decreasing the chance of getting the "bad" ones.

5. Offline
    Oct 2019
    #
    I like almost all of the suggestions! There's only a few I'd like to talk about.. The "grindy' skills you speak of (i.e crafting, fletching/firemaking and herblore), having a shop for them would honestly be too overpowered even if you had to be a donator (which is nearly all of the server). If you actually play the game (bossing, etc) you gain so many materials for these skills its essentially free. I'm an ironman and i've got all of those skills (minus herb) to 200m with ease. Making them buyable would just topple the highscores towards the more wealthy players and wouldn't require irons to grind nearly at all for their skills and would discourage wealthy players from buying skilling supplies from the normal players that don't go for 99's or 200m's in these skills. Maybe a feature that lets you craft, fletch, firemake or combine potions faster when you're in the donator zone could be neat, or something along those lines.. so it helps the skill go faster but you still need to acquire the supplies outside of a shop.

Also as realm said, the death talisman takes you right to the altar already, so no real need for another item, however having access to the blood altar via the donator zone would be something cool to see.

6. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    I think the best way to handle targeting specific slayer tasks would be to make me a list of the most desired tasks, and you can choose the task and have 1 in x chance to get the task instead of a random task like usual. So for example, you choose a kraken task. You have a 1 in 4 chance of getting the kraken task or a random task. The chance could be a fixed number or change depending on your donator rank, such as opal being 1 in 8 and the highest tier being 1 in 2 or something.

Closed Thread