1. Group Ironman Highscores  - 11-26-2019 #1

Oct 2019
    #
    Well, its basically what the title says. I think it'd be really neat if the group ironman highscores went by the groups and not individual players. Now I know the counter-argument for this is that some groups have more players than others, etc.. So how do we fix that? Its simple!

The groups ranking will be based on an average of each members xp and total level. I.e add up all of the xp and all of the total levels for each player and divide by the number of players in that group.

I think it'd be a fun way for more people to get involved in the group ironman scene, we could use some competition out here ^.^

2. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Yesterday View Post
    Well, its basically what the title says. I think it'd be really neat if the group ironman highscores went by the groups and not individual players. Now I know the counter-argument for this is that some groups have more players than others, etc.. So how do we fix that? Its simple!

The groups ranking will be based on an average of each members xp and total level. I.e add up all of the xp and all of the total levels for each player and divide by the number of players in that group.

I think it'd be a fun way for more people to get involved in the group ironman scene, we could use some competition out here ^.^
    What a great idea

3. Offline
    Jul 2017
    #

This sounds like a great way to get groups more active, I love it! SUPPORT!

4. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #

Amazing suggestion! Thank you for this!

5. Offline
    Jan 2019
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by amorphis View Post
    amazing suggestion! Thank you for this!
    lmao!

6. Offline
    Sep 2019
    #
    great idea, it would be interesting to see what groups would come out on top & hopefully create some competitive spirit amongst the IM community :P

7. Offline
    Iron Fist Your Bum
    Administrator
    Sep 2016
    #
    10 Year Veteran
    This is an interesting idea but it would take A LOT of time to get setup properly. I'd probably want to look into how groups are managed before combining their xp on the hiscores.

8. Offline
    May 2017
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Palidino View Post
    This is an interesting idea but it would take A LOT of time to get setup properly. I'd probably want to look into how groups are managed before combining their xp on the hiscores.
    Meanwhile you're there you might aswell check up on missing boss kill counters such as Chambers of Xerics

9. Offline
    Banned
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Mate View Post
    Meanwhile you're there you might aswell check up on missing boss kill counters such as Chambers of Xerics
    And ToB.. oh wait

10. Offline
    Oct 2019
    #
    I'd be glad to assist with getting everything setup.. I don't quite know how the groups are setup on the client side, however, if you're able to separate them based on iron, hard mode, group iron, etc.. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to add an extra field that signifies the group the members are in. If they have a group ID, you could base the new high-scores per group (Or create another section that is solemnly based on the groups and leave the standard group iron ranking there)

OR

You could have the members register their groups on the forums (to be approved by admin so you can't just pick anyone) and then track the users based on their forum groups and generate a high score listing like that. Which would give groups the ability to give themselves a name, logo, etc..

Open to suggestions

Closed Thread