1. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #

2. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    to me x250 xp rates is a little quick but it also depends on what the regular xp rate is, if its x500 or more than yeah x250 is fine but personally i'd prefer x100 or x150 xp rates for hard and like x250 or x300 for normal

3. Offline
    Donator
    Oct 2016
    #
    Had an idea kind of towards this.

To be honest I really liked the soulsplit system of multiple different game modes (instead of just 1), each harder than the other however more perks the harder you made it. So for example:

• Easy Mode (Set Levels, OSRS Drop Rates)

• Medium Mode (Train Levels at x150 OSRS exp, 30% better Drop Rates, 25% more Blood Money P/Kill, More Blood money off wild NPC's & Slayer Tasks)

• Hard Mode (Train Levels at x80 OSRS EXP, 50% better Drop Rates, 60% more Blood Money P/Kill, More Blood money off wild NPC's & Slayer Tasks, increased money from emblems, increased money from thieving if it's added.)

• Extreme Mode (Train Levels at x20 OSRS exp, 70% better Drop Rates, 100% more Blood Money P/Kill, More Blood money off wild NPC's & Slayer Tasks, further increased money from emblems, further increased money from thieving if it's added, access to special area, access to special cosmetic item shop )

These were all the perks I could think of from the top of my head using the features we currently have, of course more can be added the further the game progresses.

Each Mode would have icons to distinguish so:

Easy - No Icon
    Medium - Ironman Icon
    Hard - Ultimate Ironman Icon
    Extreme - Hardcore Ironman Icon (Out 10th November)

#The pkers get their set levels where as the PVMers can make it harder for themselves. If you are middle ground you still get a game mode, so they all cater to somebody. This also prolongs life of the game because it gives players that may find themselves bored with a set level account the opportunity to create a harder account.

------------------

The huge benefit of all this is that it leaves you with the opportunity to sell "EXP Boosts", "Drop Rate Boosts", "Blood Money Boosts" etc in the form of Bonds for some real life $$$. Bonds being tradeable in game would also put them in constant demand.

Example: You are an easy mode player but are rich in game, you buy a blood money boost off of another player. Now you can obtain blood money at the same rate as an extreme for a small period of time.

Example 2: You actually increase wilderness activity just by having 4 different account types, the harder builds utilise different aspects of the wilderness more than others (Agility Course, Rogues chests, Increased Blood Money from PVM in wild, Dragon Bones, Skilling area) etc etc.

I think for that kind of stuff to work you'd also need some items only obtainable via the blood money shop, but that could be discussed later.

------------------

How it'd work on login:

1. Log into game for the first time in some remote area like tutorial island. You cannot teleport away from this area at all.
    2. Inside your inventory is a new kind of book, explaining the benefits of each game mode
    3. Players talk to an NPC who'd say "Make sure you read the book in your inventory to learn the perks of each game mode before you choose", then they'd have the option to select the game mode.
    4. Upon selection game mode they're teleported to edgeville.
    Last edited by Iloi5ia89; 11-02-2016 at 11:53 AM.

4. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessie J View Post
    Had an idea kind of towards this.

To be honest I really liked the soulsplit system of multiple different game modes (instead of just 1), each harder than the other however more perks the harder you made it. So for example:

• Easy Mode (Set Levels, OSRS Drop Rates)

• Medium Mode (Train Levels at x150 OSRS exp, 30% better Drop Rates, 25% more Blood Money P/Kill, More Blood money off wild NPC's & Slayer Tasks)

• Hard Mode (Train Levels at x80 OSRS EXP, 50% better Drop Rates, 60% more Blood Money P/Kill, More Blood money off wild NPC's & Slayer Tasks, increased money from emblems, increased money from thieving if it's added.)

• Extreme Mode (Train Levels at x20 OSRS exp, 70% better Drop Rates, 100% more Blood Money P/Kill, More Blood money off wild NPC's & Slayer Tasks, further increased money from emblems, further increased money from thieving if it's added, access to special area, access to special cosmetic item shop )

These were all the perks I could think of from the top of my head using the features we currently have, of course more can be added the further the game progresses.

Each Mode would have icons to distinguish so:

Easy - No Icon
    Medium - Ironman Icon
    Hard - Ultimate Ironman Icon
    Extreme - Hardcore Ironman Icon (not in game atm but being added to osrs this next week or so)

The pkers get their set levels where as the PVMers can make it harder for themselves. If you are middle ground you still get a game mode, so they all cater to somebody.

------------------

The huge benefit of all this is that it leaves you with the opportunity to sell "EXP Boosts", "Drop Rate Boosts", "Blood Money Boosts" etc in the form of Bonds for some real life $$$. Bonds being tradeable in game would also put them in constant demand.

Example: You are an easy mode player but are rich in game, you buy a blood money boost off of another player. Now you can obtain blood money at the same rate as an extreme for a small period of time.

Example 2: You actually increase wilderness activity just by having 4 different account types, the harder builds utilise different aspects of the wilderness more than others (Agility Course, Rogues chests, Increased Blood Money from PVM in wild, Dragon Bones, Skilling area) etc etc.

I think for that kind of stuff to work you'd also need some items only obtainable via the blood money shop, but that could be discussed later.

------------------

How it'd work on login:

1. Log into game for the first time in some remote area like tutorial island. You cannot teleport away from this area at all.
    2. Inside your inventory is a new kind of book, explaining the benefits of each game mode
    3. Players talk to an NPC who'd say "Make sure you read the book in your inventory to learn the perks of each game mode before you choose", then they'd have the option to select the game mode.
    4. Upon selection game mode they're teleported to edgeville.
    These are really good and well thought ideas, I like :P

5. Offline
    Nov 2016
    #
    think jessie's idea is great ^.^

6. Offline
    Oct 2016
    #
    Quote Originally Posted by SYOPAPOTILAS View Post
    Would rather have a Old battlescape economy server (2010-2014) with following content ..

- wider worldmap usage
    - full 07 slayer (cancel tasks, extent tasks, make different slayer helmets, block tasks, ...) all in correct interfaces.
    - all skills working (agility with marks of grace to buy gracefull/the herblore supples, agility having all courses, ...) Basicly every skill working, with most training methods.
    - all bosses working properly.
    - G/E system like Alotic has it working, or played owned shops.
    - full achievement diaries system (costum, let's say 'Lumberjack!' cut certain amount of logs to unlock lumberjack).
    - All minigames (duel, castle wars, clan wars, pest control, dominion tower,...)

This might sound bad, but there's lots of content to work with in this source. Shouldn't waste this oppertunity on a PVP server that won't go over 30 players.

My opinion tho..
    this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123